PDA

View Full Version : Social Tip of The Day

KouHotaru
Jan 9, 2003, 02:00 PM
Gentlemen, it is not appropriate to court ladies (both 'real' and 'fake') by saying "Ur @$$ looks HOT in dat dress!". Espically when they are not wearing one. It is also considerably rude to place your body directly over that of a young girl's, robotic or not. That stuff gets you thrown into immaginary PSO Jail as most of the time they are not midgets as some seem to think. That is all, I hope you enjoyed this blatantly screwy post (although I am a bit serious on the advice)!

(Edited to correct spelling errors that were bothering me)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KouHotaru on 2003-01-09 11:06 ]</font>

Neifan
Jan 9, 2003, 02:04 PM
Especially since you can never be sure that Hot pants-wearing HUnny is actually a female...

Ghaleon
Jan 9, 2003, 02:10 PM
hehe ive only met one REAL girl who plays PSO. 99% are guys so think about that when you hit on them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif big stupid poopy heads

Jae
Jan 9, 2003, 02:13 PM
Hahaha awesome post. I seem to get more 'PSO courters' on Vega than anywhere else. But it has happened on Antares 8 a few times. :| Ehhh.

Yes. Please. DON'T hit on the 'girls' in PSO. Whether they're really female or not, it's pointless and rude.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 9, 2003, 02:18 PM
If PSO was 'Only Play as your REAL gender', there would be like, give or take- 20-25 REAL girls. According to my experience.

Plus it kinda gives it away if a 'so-called' girl FOnewearl yells "H0ly f*** yo, I jes found a l337 rare!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hiirigazawa on 2003-01-09 11:20 ]</font>

Vampir
Jan 9, 2003, 02:36 PM
I remember back in my pso days on the dc. A guy thought I was a female. It was kewl at first because he would give rares all the time. But then he wanted more.... OH, I feel so ashamed! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif The things he did to my PSO character were unheard of.

Spy
Jan 9, 2003, 02:45 PM
I will comment on the hottness of any pixelated ass anytime I wish,, with or without your blessings.

watashiwa
Jan 9, 2003, 03:01 PM
Spy's a whore. =

Spy
Jan 9, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-01-09 12:01, watashiwa wrote:
Spy's a whore. =

I'm just a connoisseur of fine ass who's not affraid to complement a good one when I see it.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 9, 2003, 04:15 PM
Alt+f2 and alt+f4 repeated over and over works best

Tavia
Jan 9, 2003, 04:29 PM
On 2003-01-09 11:18, Hiirigazawa wrote:
Plus it kinda gives it away if a 'so-called' girl FOnewearl yells "H0ly f*** yo, I jes found a l337 rare!"

I dunno... I use 1337 sparingly, but for fun, and I don't have anything dangling between my legs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Subliminalgroove
Jan 9, 2003, 04:36 PM
On 2003-01-09 13:29, Tavia wrote:
I dunno... I use 1337 sparingly, but for fun, and I don't have anything dangling between my legs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

indeed, your gender doesn't have much bearing on how you speak. Even less so for typing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Very good post, KouHotaru! Thanks a bunch for droppin it! I am very tired of the guys on PSO making moves on me. It was funny the first few times . . . Now its just starting to get old. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edit: sickness and typing don't mix well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2003-01-09 13:37 ]</font>

Ghaleon
Jan 9, 2003, 04:41 PM
well i only know of one girl who plays pso. 99% who play are guys so just remember that when you hit on a hunewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif you sick freaks

RicoSuave
Jan 9, 2003, 04:46 PM
heh, my gf used to play on my DC and she would actually lead guys on... She got hella rares and had better weapons than me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

gunome
Jan 9, 2003, 05:20 PM
i met alot of actual girls on dc, being that i was a hunny they thought i was a gilrl too, but i let them kno i was a guy. now on gc there as rare as a legit lavis cannon :/ all the girls i played with on DC knew this game better than most of the guys, seemed like they actually read the instruction booklet and knew what the "red and blue spell thingies" did lol but alas they are few and far between.

Angelz0r
Jan 9, 2003, 05:25 PM
Even tho im a guy. And I use my FOnewearl. I have guys trying to touch my characters @$$ and all that sorta shit. Ive actually had some stalkers. God know how they found me. But its amusing tho. Because they think im a chick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Vantamiath
Jan 9, 2003, 05:42 PM
You know what would really end this confusion? If people would quit making oppisite sex characters. Sure, there would be less originality, but there isnt a HUGE difference between characters. (Unless you think having shifta/deband is HUGE)

Seriously people...and then there's guys who make female characters and give them names like "chibi bich".

(Stands on podium) How many women do you know who've made MALE characters? Not alot...It's all because PSO is full of horny, rude, teenage guys that like to make/"hit on" female characters. Either that, or they have a strong feminine side.

LamerPanda
Jan 9, 2003, 05:54 PM
But I like playing as male characters so I DON'T get hit on... o_0

Also, it apparently gives me more of an excuse to run around shouting "w00t" when I find some l337 m4d r4r3z, j0.

Seriously, don't bother hitting on the female characters, even if they are girls you're probably never going to meet them in real life anyway. It serves no purpose other than to be utterly annoying.

Zolpner
Jan 9, 2003, 05:58 PM
well, with xbox version the problem will just get worse...
(with the xbox live system(if this is wrong dont blame me im not an xbox person))

Jae
Jan 9, 2003, 06:08 PM
Heh.

Gender is irrelevant in a game like PSO. Why should everyone play their true gender? Is PSO a dating service? No. We come here to play a game and have a good time. Go harass women on your own time thanks.

It's a ROLE PLAYING game. People will pick whatever character they want to pick. If guys want to play female characters, so what? Some people are secure enough in their sexuality to NOT GIVE TWO $HITS what 'gender' their character is.

I'm with Subliminal and LamerPanda on this. It just gets annoying when HUmars (it's always them!) try to sit on your character and 'touch' them while you might be chatting and/or mailing.

Blue147
Jan 9, 2003, 06:21 PM
lol this topic is out there lol but its ture its very rude to hit on people you dont know lol but i hate it win people dont say hello or hi etc i always say hi it sets the mood of the game only rude stupid people dont say hi.hi is the foundation of pso if u ask me lol.lol if u want to talk about every one being thier real gender then look at the fomar and the fomarl they are the same they even both waer dreeses lolwho realy cares it's just a game lol

Eden
Jan 9, 2003, 06:25 PM
I think its funny when people comment on my female characters...which they all are

amoralist
Jan 9, 2003, 06:34 PM
I once joined a roleplaying ship...

Ten minutes after I left in another ship, some guy stalked me and was hitting on me. Really.

I logged off and never saw that weirdo again.
I think he wanted a wife.

So yes, mind you when you call someone hot, for you might declare your love for a pair of pixelated err... mechguns.

Octavian
Jan 9, 2003, 07:15 PM
indeed, your gender doesn't have much bearing on how you speak.

lol.....i would hope it does.....though I have heard females with rather deep voices lol.

Tavia
Jan 9, 2003, 07:29 PM
On 2003-01-09 16:15, Julius wrote:
lol.....i would hope it does.....though I have heard females with rather deep voices lol.

I think Subliminal was referring to the terminology girls use, not how they sound.

Anyway, though, I experienced guys hiting on my HUnewearl on the Dreamcast. Since we all had keyboards, one of them I met would keep doing the sweeping, spank-like motion to her ass in the lobbies.

We wound up being great friends, believe it or not. We'd go around and spank each other for the fun of it and just shout "Spank!". Sometimes we'd spank strangers, too. It was an ass-slapping festival.

Ruby-chan
Jan 10, 2003, 01:03 AM
(Stands on podium) How many women do you know who've made MALE characters? Not alot...It's all because PSO is full of horny, rude, teenage guys that like to make/"hit on" female characters. Either that, or they have a strong feminine side.

Actually you'd be surprised, of course this would be more common on an actual roleplaying game and not a dungeon hack like PSO. While we're at it, why don't we complain have Sega makes it so all the female character's can't have decent attack power, even if they're androids. Why couldn't they have had sex not affect stats like just about every other RPG in existence?

Oh yeah, and it's a problem. I'm still rather scared from people walking up behind me at the counter in DC PSO and hiting a specific F key animation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2003-01-09 22:08 ]</font>

AnimalMother
Jan 10, 2003, 01:16 AM
So if im playing my hot little FOnewearl is it OK for me to walk up to a HUnewearl and ask if she would like a full body tongue massage sans her sexy red and black leather outfit, ergo hot short lesbian action?

I mean because if thats not cool or anything that pretty much eliminates 90% of the enjoyment I recieve from PSO.

Spy
Jan 10, 2003, 03:09 AM
It's all about the flirting. Without that, PSO sucks.

Subliminalgroove
Jan 10, 2003, 03:55 AM
On 2003-01-09 14:42, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

Umm I have two male characters. A fomar: Horace, and a Racast: Hitsu. So yes, we do make male characters. Or at least I do... maybe I'm weird. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Subliminalgroove
Jan 10, 2003, 04:08 AM
I should have mentioned this in my last post. But I forgot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

On 2003-01-10 00:09, Spy wrote:
It's all about the flirting. Without that, PSO sucks.

Spy, its not flirting, its simply unwanted trash. True, those buns in hotpants are only 1's and 0's, but it is still more than a little aggrevating when it happens. It happens enough in the real world as it is.

If you want to flirt, by all means, go ahead. I like to flirt and be flirted with. But do so with words. Kind words. Not some garbage-mouthed thing you head on mtv, because that just doesn't cut it.

Oh,yeah! Tavia is right. I did mean the terminology we use and not the way we sound. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif sorry for any confusion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

While I'm on my soapbox, I'd like to toss my chips in with Runy-Chan. Why is it that all the ladies in PSO have less ATP then the men? I understand the balancing of the character classes, but come on. Its sad.

Spy
Jan 10, 2003, 04:48 AM
On 2003-01-10 01:08, Subliminalgroove wrote:

Spy, its not flirting, its simply unwanted trash. True, those buns in hotpants are only 1's and 0's, but it is still more than a little aggrevating when it happens. It happens enough in the real world as it is.

If you want to flirt, by all means, go ahead. I like to flirt and be flirted with. But do so with words. Kind words. Not some garbage-mouthed thing you head on mtv, because that just doesn't cut it.

This is a roleplaying game we're talking about here, and speaking for myself at least, I really enjoy roleplaying my chavanistic RAmar Spy. And while I'll be the first to admit that some people do take things way too far, I do not believe that slapping "baby" at the end of a sentence/phrase could be considered in any way bad. I think my worst with Spy would be "No problem; your cute ass_is worth saving" with maybe "What's cookin' good lookin? I'm hungry" a close second.

On the flipside, my RAmarl Vixsin is a true blue slut. She has shortcuts like "Dammit! You got me all wet!" , "You can thank me orally anytime now." , and "Why do I have these kneepads on :o ". So I'm sure there are some female characters out there inviting what they get.

Speaking for myself once again, I hit on any female character I want to, regardless of who's operating it. And sometimes, to stir things up, I even hit on the FOmars ^_^ I don't care if a male or female is playing the character; the character's gender in the game is all that matters.

Again, this is a game. And only game. If I were to walk up to some random girl on the street and say "Nice butt baby" I'd fully support getting a full can of mace to my face. In a roleplaying game though, where people can be very easily ignored and avoided, I say just about anything is fair game, even a little sexism.

I'd also like to add that I've never had anyone ask me to "please stop" or "shut it before you find little spy jaming your zipper!" If I were to be asked or told such things though, I probably would, or just leave the game.

And my god, this has become a long and nonsensical rant :X And I just come to the conclusion that I can only speak for myself. I can't relate to most PSO players on simple in game mechanics, let alone dechipher what their motivations for flirting/sexual harrasment are. Bleh, if anything, I hope that after reading this if you come into contact with any of my characters, you see that it's just an act.

Subliminalgroove
Jan 10, 2003, 05:23 AM
On 2003-01-10 01:48, Spy wrote:
This is a roleplaying game we're talking about here, and speaking for myself at least, I really enjoy roleplaying my chavanistic RAmar Spy. And while I'll be the first to admit that some people do take things way too far, I do not believe that slapping "baby" at the end of a sentence/phrase could be considered in any way bad. I think my worst with Spy would be "No problem; your cute ass_is worth saving" with maybe "What's cookin' good lookin? I'm hungry" a close second.

My main beef is some of the keyboard things that are done to our poor unconsenting Hunewearls. Putting "baby" at the end of a sentence occasionaly is not a big deal at all. And the things you have stated above are nothing compared to some of the nasty stuff I have been told. If you are being truthful about what lines you drop in PSO, then I'm fine with that, they're funny lines; hell you can flirt with me anytime. My problem comes when someone thinks their funny and continues to toss sexually demeaning things in my direction.

I was merely trying to say that the flirting is much more welcome if it is not offensive. Any woman who respects herself in the least is not pleased when she sees things like "DEEAAAAM! GIVE ME A LAP DANCE, BEEEAAAATCH!" pop up on the screen. Which unfortuantly is the type of thing I see all the time. This type of thing can not in any way be construed as "flirting."

And unfortunatly there is no way to back up a phrase like "shut it before you find little spy jaming your zipper!" in PSO. If there was, I would have used that option dozens of times by now. I imagine I am not alone.

Now, I won't even touch the things you say with your RAmarl... too tired, too sick. If you want to invite that, that's your choice. Though, it does make things harder for us because you are just giving anyone who bites the impression that all of us are tickled pink when this happens. But like I said... not touching it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Okay... that was longer then I meant it to be... sorry everyone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edit: just cleaning up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2003-01-10 02:41 ]</font>

IceBlink
Jan 10, 2003, 05:37 AM
On 2003-01-09 11:00, KouHotaru wrote:
...That stuff gets you thrown into immaginary PSO Jail as most of the time they are not midgets as some seem to think...

Man, that would be so funny if Sega did moderate PSO. Everytime a 'tagged' user logs on, they would appear in a jail for a set amount of time with their crime listed on top of the cage. XD

Ah, if only... o_O

As for stuff going on, tch, my character had HUcasts and RAcasts doing that to him. Yes, HIM. >__<

*cannot recall the number of times his HUmar had to flee the lobbies*

Spy
Jan 10, 2003, 05:44 AM
On 2003-01-10 02:23, Subliminalgroove wrote:

If you are being truthful about what lines you drop in PSO, then I'm fine with that, they're funny lines; hell you can flirt with me anytime.

In Spy lingo, *aherm* Thanks baby!

My problem comes when someone thinks their funny and continues to toss sexually demeaning things in my direction.
I was merely trying to say that the flirting is much more welcome if it is not offensive. Any woman who respects herself in the least is not pleased when she sees things like "DEEAAAAM! GIVE ME A LAP DANCE, BEEEAAAATCH!" pop up on the screen. Which unfortuantly is the type of thing I see all the time. This type of thing can not in any way be construed as "flirting."

Okay, I can see a difference. However, I'm baffled. Having someone say something like "Gibe me hed" or whatever offends you? It seems so... hmmm... It's like taking offense to a monkey flinging poop at you. It's a monkey. And it threw feces. I guess what I'm saying is to consider the source: Some punks playing a video game, basically weenie-waving. And if it's any consolation they probably have very small weenies to boot. Do you really need respect from such people?

And unfortunatly there is no way to back up a phrase like "shut it before you find little spy jaming your zipper!" in PSO. If there was, I would have used that option dozens of times by now. I imagine I am not alone.

Idea: I do those PSO Voice recordings. Would it be funny to pretend to be a girl, and for me to record their pitiful attempts at cybering and then saying "this has all been recorded, and it will be published to the internet, with your name. By the way, I'm a dude."

Now, I won't even touch the things you say with your RAmarl... too tired, too sick. If you want to invite that, that's your choice. Though, it does make things harder for us because you are just giving anyone who bites the impression that all of us is tickled pink when this happens. But like I said... not touching it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't mean to boast, but I think my RAmarls lines are sheer brilliance. The only sexual inuendos one can derive are ones they link themselves, with a tainted or downright dirty mind >:}

Subliminalgroove
Jan 10, 2003, 05:54 AM
On 2003-01-10 02:44, Spy wrote:

In Spy lingo, *aherm* Thanks baby!

whew...did I just make a big mistake? I may have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Okay, I can see a difference. However, I'm baffled. Having someone say something like "Gibe me hed" or whatever offends you? It seems so... hmmm... It's like taking offense to a monkey flinging poop at you. It's a monkey. And it threw feces. I guess what I'm saying is to consider the source: Some punks playing a video game, basically weenie-waving. And if it's any consolation they probably have very small weenies to boot. Do you really need respect from such people?

hahaha True, true.

The problem is we are bombarded by it everywhere we go and in everyhting we do. It gets to the point where the idea that its coming from some socially stunted prebubescent asshat is hardly reasuring. No we do not need respect from such peolple, but we would like to have it none the less.

Idea: I do those PSO Voice recordings. Would it be funny to pretend to be a girl, and for me to record their pitiful attempts at cybering and then saying "this has all been recorded, and it will be published to the internet, with your name. By the way, I'm a dude."

hehe, I like. I like. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Too cruel. I love it!

I don't mean to boast, but I think my RAmarls lines are sheer brilliance. The only sexual inuendos one can derive are ones they link themselves, with a tainted or downright dirty mind >:}

hehe you trying to say something there, spy??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Spy
Jan 10, 2003, 06:05 AM
On 2003-01-10 02:54, Subliminalgroove wrote:

[quote]
hahaha True, true.

The problem is we are bombarded by it everywhere we go and in everyhting we do. It gets to the point where the idea that its coming from some socially stunted prebubescent asshat is hardly reasuring. No we do not need respect from such peolple, but we would like to have it none the less.

Don't know what to tell you. As long as society believes they evolved from monkeys people will continue to act like monkeys.

hehe, I like. I like. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Too cruel. I love it!

It's a date then. I must admit I've never seen some of the activity you describe in Ep. I & II. But you give me a target, and I'll try my darndest to catch them with their pants down, so to speak.

hehe you trying to say something there, spy???

Sadly, no. Anyone with 7 years experience in the US public school system(or 4 years in a private school like the one I was "priviledged" to attend) will know exactly what those lines mean. I just like to sound smart.

Subliminalgroove
Jan 10, 2003, 06:10 AM
On 2003-01-10 03:05, Spy wrote:

It's a date then. I must admit I've never seen some of the activity you describe in Ep. I & II. But you give me a target, and I'll try my darndest to catch them with their pants down, so to speak.

I'll PM you with the name of the next "monkey" that flings poo at me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Drayma
Jan 10, 2003, 06:17 AM
This is turning into Star Wars.

Spy
Jan 10, 2003, 06:22 AM
On 2003-01-10 03:17, Drayma wrote:
This is turning into Star Wars.

Star Wars is so ambiguous you can say anything is like it, sorry.

AnimalMother
Jan 10, 2003, 09:04 AM
At times even the Bible imitates Star Wars, its hard to tell which one came first.

Spacepest
Jan 10, 2003, 10:35 AM
I partly blame sonic team for this stuff...I mean just look at this game. Hunes dressed like hookers, Ramars in ultra tight pants, Fomars in dresses, the Ramarl butch haircuts, and suggestive lobby animations...all marketed towards console games mainly played by younger video game addicts. LMAO There is no way ST could have put that stuff in without knowing what people were going to use it for.
I think they did it on purpose, just so members of ST could go back on their spare time and have something amusing to watch when theyre really really bored.

Tavia
Jan 10, 2003, 10:45 AM
On 2003-01-10 07:35, Spacepest wrote:
I partly blame sonic team for this stuff...I mean just look at this game. Hunes dressed like hookers, Ramars in ultra tight pants, Fomars in dresses, the Ramarl butch haircuts, and suggestive lobby animations...all marketed towards console games mainly played by younger video game addicts. LMAO There is no way ST could have put that stuff in without knowing what people were going to use it for.

You can also dynamically adjust your character's height and weight. If everyone wanted to be, they could be gray-haired, fat midgets. I would say it's society taking the reigns more than SonicTeam. Sad it may be, but reality it is: Who wants to look at a "normal" or "unusual" person in a videogame, when they can see something ideally beautiful? Variety would be nice, but not a lot of people can think outside of a box of peer pressure. Further, just as people have said that there are "horny guys" running around on PSO, a lot of those same folk can also be very derogatory toward everyone... and don't you think they would tear a fat character apart, even though it, too, was just a digital creation?

The world's people want to abide by an image of perfection. Personally, it doesn't surprise me.

(I think I took this post much too seriously. Hmm.)

Jae
Jan 10, 2003, 12:03 PM
On 2003-01-10 01:48, Spy wrote:
I even hit on the FOmars ^_^

Ok. That got me to laugh. The XBox recording thing would be brilliant too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Maybe ST should start registering PSO sex offenders. You know, like when you click the R button you see their C-Mode titles? Click it enough times and you should see the words 'ra-zan pervert'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rotis
Jan 10, 2003, 11:21 PM
Hmm wow, this thread is..... fascinating.

Once upon a time, back on v1, I was absentmindedly running in circles in a lobby with my HUmar... and this RAcaseal starts chasing me. I didn't really notice, since a lot of the time if one person started running, other people would join them. (Herd mentality? Blame it on the circular lobbies.)

Then she stopped and said "Darn! Why do the cute boys always run away??"

She continued to chase me around, occasionally saying things like "Don't worry, I won't bite! ...Only suck!"

It was hilarious role reversal. Eventually we realized that neither of us were playing characters of our own gender, but that somehow just made it even better.

Turns out he was a friend of a friend, and a pretty cool guy. For some reason he'd decided to roleplay that RAcl as a total slut. Did a pretty good job of it, too ;3

Ness
Jan 11, 2003, 08:16 PM
I like standing face to face with the samll females because it's not their my lips they are touching...

Spy
Jan 11, 2003, 08:30 PM
Ness man, no offense, but you are wayy out of your league.