PDA

View Full Version : Female Gamers

DizzyDi
Dec 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
Why you do you feel the need to let everyone know that you're a female gamer?
Do you want a medal or something?
I mean...Really.
Same thing with Gay Gamers.
We don't really care. No offense to any of you, though.
Its just annoying to hear about it. Especially with websites like gaygamer.net or gamerchicksrule.com.

KRKcl17
Dec 11, 2007, 08:46 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1230/1181092818667bv4.jpg
Was instantly reminded of that. Sorry if I broke your topic in half.

watashiwa
Dec 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
lol, good topic and good picture.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hmmm..maybe I should start running around shouting:

Ima d00d IRL playin vidya gaems!

GIB MESETA NAO PL0X!!11111

Uncle_bob
Dec 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
I approve of this thread.

Solstis
Dec 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
As an angry black person, you should know better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LoL, black people don't play games/watch anime/save their money in banks.

The point isn't to make you care, but to make other people that might think that they're isolated feel better. I mean, if you're the only girl/gay gamer you know, you probably want to find people on the Internet. It's easier to find people if they've announced it.

There's enough straight white people on the Internet. Not to mention real life. I feel like I'm hemmed in or something. They don't really need to announce themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-12-11 19:51 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 10:51 PM
All the female gamers I've played with never told me, I just figured it out eventually. If they're a GIRL though well... *shudders*

ABDUR101
Dec 11, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm going to make a forum for Angry Minority Gamers. =D

We'll be like /b/ and trash other people's forums, saying how we hate white-bread home-slice hetrosexual gamers who are the majority. Why must you be the majority? Who cares about you? Why must you defame someone else's niche, is it to comfort yourself in your totalitarianism? Oh noes! The minorities are forming and are going to topple the mighty stereotypical white gamer geek empire! We must crush them by jeering, pointing and laughing.

...but then again I don't have the ambition for it, so I'll let someone else do the dirty work while I, as a young white(gay) male myself, will step in and reap the rewards later.

Honestly though, does it matter? So there's websites for GirlGamers and GayGamers, they fill a niche. As often as 'gay' gets tossed around on most gaming forums unabated, I'd prolly like to find a gaming community(or any community) that did'nt feel the need to be inconsiderate douchebags toward anyone who doesn't fit their narrowly molded expectations of other people.

DizzyDi
Dec 11, 2007, 11:26 PM
I understand where the both of yous are coming from but a lot of these site seem to think they deserve something special for their sex or being attracted to the same sex.
And then they rave for equality yet go about bashing the majority.
And if I wanted to find a buncha black people playing video games, I could just go to a Madden or NBA Live tournament.
LOLGETIT?

Morganna
Dec 11, 2007, 11:28 PM
I don't care that you're gay. Why should you care that I am a white heterosexual male?

DizzyDi
Dec 11, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-12-11 20:26, Kikumaru wrote:
Wait wait wait...ABDUR is gay?

See thats the thing. Abdur doesn't feel the need to go about I R GAY, HEAR ME ROOOOAR! As it doesn't really matter what his sexual preference is when playing the vidya gaems.
Unlike a lot of the peoples on these sites that act like being a minority gamer is equivalent to the civil rights movement or something.

ABDUR101
Dec 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-12-11 20:26, DizzyDi wrote:
I understand where the both of yous are coming from but a lot of these site seem to think they deserve something special for their sex or being attracted to the same sex.
And then they rave for equality yet go about bashing the majority.

I don't really look around gaymer or female gamer forums/groups, so I'm not sure if they come across as feeling like they deserve something special for who they are. I think it's moreso that they just want to make an imprint, "We're here." and you either are ok with it and say "Yup, there you are" or you're a douchebag and cause trouble for them unnecessarily. And thats why you have them sort of throw a fit and bash the majority.

You'd be surprised how often girls and gays get bashed in everyday things, whether it be outright slander or ha-ha backhanded comments/snide remarks.

Mudslinging happens, and I don't condone it for either side. However I've played with people who were "blah blah is gay/blah blah gay gay gay/thats gay" and then they'll be a smartass and say "What are you, gay or something?" and I say yeah, I am. Then they either go silent and apologise out the ass, saying they did'nt mean anything by their comment, or they'll just be a douchebag about it and constantly tell everyone that I'm gay and continually make rude comments as if 'the gay guy' is now the (haha) butt of all the jokes.

It gets old and tiresome, and for a time it can be ha-ha ok funny, I can laugh along, but eventually it's ok, shut the hell up, think of some new material, joke about something else.

On 2007-12-11 20:29, DizzyDi wrote:
See thats the thing. Abdur doesn't feel the need to go about I R GAY, HEAR ME ROOOOAR! As it doesn't really matter what his sexual preference is when playing the vidya gaems.
Unlike a lot of the peoples on these sites that act like being a minority gamer is equivalent to the civil rights movement or something.

But thats because I don't act like that in real life either. I once had a guy making comments in my Chrome Hounds squad one night, and I forget what we were talking about, but I said something and he goes in a real smart ass tone "What, are you gay or something?" and I blankly said "Yeah, I am."

Silence..for a good ten seconds. And then he was asking all kinds of questions and apologising, saying he did'nt know, etc. Meanwhile, we're still blowing the shit out of an enemy squad, and one of my other squadmates that had been around for quite awhile was like "What? You're kidding right?" "No, why would I kid about that?" "You don't come across as gay at all."

That all kind of made me laugh, how would they know? I only play that game with them, they don't know anything about me other than I'm squad-leader, I expect them to do their best and not dick-around, and that I don't talk much during the fighting.

They actually did'nt beleive me, they could'nt get it in their head. They kept asking questions like "How/Why", was I molested(Hello? Molested?), etc. It just come across that they had a really skewed view of what a homosexual was. Appearently since I did'nt talk with a lisp, talk about shoes and act like a whiney uppity, snotty bitch of a guy, I could'nt be gay.

It really amused me anyway, but again, I'm not "Haaaay everybody" in real life, and while I'll let others in on it if it pertains to whats being talked about, but other than that, who cares? It's a non-issue in life, let alone video gaming.

On 2007-12-11 20:28, Morganna wrote:
I don't care that you're gay. Why should you care that I am a white heterosexual male?

Humor, sarcasm; http://www.dictionary.com =]

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
That was actually the same kind of reaction I encountered about a year or so ago on Metal Gear Online. I won't go into details, but I had a bit of a bad ride with females for too long, so I decided to go try out another ride (you catch my drift, lol).

Well, some of the games that were created were locked and whatnot and I was in this one game, then me and this guy just laid down with our rifles and started typing out to one another about anime, video games, music, etc.

Finally, I told him one of my personal favorite anime series involved a same-sex relationship between two guys. He stopped responding for a moment, then said something along the lines of, "You're kidding, right?" and I said, "Eh...no? Why do you ask?".

Well, apparently..he thought I WAS in fact joking, cause shortly there after, he said, "Man..ya know..with you running around sniping those guys and throwing grenades like that, I never would've guessed you liked guys. You seem pretty normal to me, dude".

I laughed it off and was like, "Hahaha, well..that's probably because the image society has of homosexuals are people who wear really flamboyant clothing, talk with a lisp or wave a giant rainbow colored banner, screaming, "GAY PRIDE!". I don't do things like that because I don't believe it's anyone's business honestly, much less..in an online game".

So many people put me into the category of people which act like that though, despite not knowing anything about me. If someone ever found out I liked guys, their first assumption was ALWAYS, "Hurr hurr! Buttsex http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif!" and it just made me want to ask them, "What are you..five? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif"

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic like that. I just felt like relating XD

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
The point isn't to make you care, but to make other people that might think that they're isolated feel better. I mean, if you're the only girl/gay gamer you know, you probably want to find people on the Internet. It's easier to find people if they've announced it.

Yeah but... it's the internet....

You might be isolated in real life because of your gender, race, orientation, or social status - but online... none of that matters. You are white text on a black screen. You are free of all the conventions and limitations of reality - you are a floating ball of pure conciousness flittering to and fro from post to post, absorbing information and sometimes returning information, but mostly just spitting a load of shit and stupidity out for the lulz of it. The only distinctions between people on the internet is purely ideological. So I suppose religion, political affiliation, and such issues still matter a bit - but the wonderful thing is, all of that can change in a heartbeat. If I want to be a young black male, I can. If I want to be mother of two, I can. If I want to be a claw weilding bio-monster construct girl with an evil twin sister who's out to kill me - I can.

None of that shit really matters, if you don't let it - and the only barriers between you and other people in which isolation can occur are the ones you construct yourself. Yes, sometimes it is nice to drop the facade and communicate with someone on a very -real- level across the internet - but those should be exceptions, not the rule.

Note however, that I don't particularly care for liars - even online. I think there's ways you can still be true to who you are without getting entangled in all the bullshit that comes with real-life or group association. At the very least, you shouldn't have to lie about who you are online - but by the same token it shouldn't fucking matter. Just play the game and have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-11 21:53 ]</font>

Scrub
Dec 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-12-11 20:29, DizzyDi wrote:

See thats the thing. Abdur doesn't feel the need to go about I R GAY, HEAR ME ROOOOAR!

Haha oh man, maybe not when YOU played games with him but when I did...

Anyway I have no problem when people announce theyre a broad or gay or anything, it's the way people react once they hear it. Ever play on Xbox Live, and a chick says something, and then suddenly HOLY SHIT MACHO MODE ACTIVATED? It's ridiculous. Havent really ever heard someone randomly announce that they're gay, besides when I start up the gay act to troll when I get really bored, but at that point I'm doing it only for the cries out outrage and jeers.

Must really suck for broads who just want to play a game and are 'discovered,' haha. Oh well.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 12, 2007, 03:09 AM
Hur Hur buttshex!

Well anyways seriously, I don't really care what your sex or sexual orientation is in the end. Why should I judge and ignore people who are so very different from me. I personally only care if your fun to play with in an online game. I like people who display who they really are rather than disguise themselves as something else, while not flaunting it around like as if it's something to be proud of.

Hell admittedly, I find myself at the butt end of most gay jokes even though I'm heterosexual (Though the whole feminine side of me kinda makes me seem a little gay XD)

Solstis
Dec 12, 2007, 03:16 AM
Side Note: Damn, my e-gaydar is accurate.

Oh, and yes it does matter Sinue. I can't help but feel resentful. I'm sure it's a stage. This is because I am angry, angry, college student. I'll get over it by the time I graduate or become an alcoholic.

I don't go around looking for gay gamer groups, but that's because I have enough people to talk to in reality. When I was younger, I did need quite a bit more support.

In games, it is kinda stupid, and I don't really mention anything unless directly asked or have been offended.

Oh man, finals have totally made me incoherent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-12-12 00:34 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2007, 04:06 AM
I would recommend graduating before you become an alcoholic. But it's different for everybody. Just look at Dubya.

I can understand wanting to seek out support and others who are going through the same things you are. I just don't recommend it in a video game. Or on the internet at all. It's harder to find real life people to connect with, but really one good friend is worth more than all the "internet friends" you could ever have combined. I'm sure you already know that.

The the issue of the thread really isn't about "just" finding other people online you can identify with. Nobody really cares, outside of trolls, if your Guildcard/Friends List/whatever is filled up with gay gamers, female gamers, furry gamers - whatever. Hang out with them all you like, especially if they're good people to begin with. But forming into groups and basically doing a "we're here and we're queer" kind of act in front of everybody under the guise of support and (lol) "educating" people is going to raise some serious ire. Both from those narrowminded bigots and from neutral people who just want you to shut the fuck up and play - quit making a big deal about it. It ends up only making the situation worse most of the time.

I'm sorry if you're angry at the world for not understanding you. But shoving it in people's faces isn't going to make things get any better. And further, once you associate with a group - you become identified by that group. So whatever actions the group itself takes, will be reflected upon YOU. So if YOU want to be judged on your own character - it's best to just stay away from group identities altogether. I'm sure gay people already know that too well, considering that the actions of a flamboyant few have reflected rather negatively on the whole. I know you didn't chose that association, but some things you can't really help. It's called life. You can't really expect society to accept you as a person, when you continually seek out groups and associations that only further the divide - especially when, by their very definition, they accept with open arms the very people who reflect poorly on you. Acceptance and understanding isn't going to come out of a freaky-deaky gay pride march - it's going to come out of generosity, being a good neighbor, a competent co-worker, and a kick ass sniper on Valhalla.

I sympathize, I really do... but that's just how it is.

Oh, and speaking of alcohol, sorry if that was a bit scattered. I'm not really focused right now.

thunder-ray
Dec 12, 2007, 05:15 AM
aleast their honest about themselves and also i have no problem what so ever with gay people period.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 06:50 AM
A lot of people use "minority" status to try to fish for false sympathy and get free shit. It's kindof like how people abuse the hell out of the welfare system. Doesn't impress me much.

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 08:17 AM
This most beautifully illustrates the usefulness of MUTE. I don't need you flexing your e-vag in my ear.

NO. You're not "hawt".
Your boobs will not make me forgive your unacceptable use of Regrants/Tornado Dance/Grenade Launcher.
I not giving you my SPS.
You can't have any of my money.
I'm mean?
*boot*

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2007, 08:44 AM
I dunno, I haven't minded the female gamers I've played with, I treat them as I would any of my friends, and that's fine by me, they don't seem to flaunt that they're girls on the internet, although since they use voice chat people find out anyway, and some people even give them a hard time, oh well.

As for gays, what the hell do I care what your sexual orientation is, if I think your a cool person, I'll hang with you, that's all there is to it.

Mystil
Dec 12, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-12-11 17:33, DizzyDi wrote:

Because they get generalized by male gamers.

amtalx
Dec 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-12-12 07:45, Mystil wrote:

On 2007-12-11 17:33, DizzyDi wrote:

Because they get generalized by male gamers.

18/F/[insert location close enough to get to, but far enough not to go]

AMIRITE?

ABDUR101
Dec 12, 2007, 11:22 AM
Sinue hit it on the head really, which is why I don't go looking for gaymer forums and all that. I really don't associate well with the portrayal of gay society as a whole, and I never really associated with the portrayal of heterosexual society either. Both are games I did'nt feel like taking part in. The extremists in both corners more or less set the foundation for which all others in the group are identified; so you're either an obnoxious frat boy who's a wanna-be badass, or you're an overly feminine bitch of a boy.

And actually, Scrub, much like you'd play the homosexual to troll and get a rise out of people, when you were around for the most part I'd play off what you were doing. If you'd start a joke, I'd run with it to HaHa for abit. And besides, there was no comparison to getting the guards attention in Pandora Tommorow like screaming over the headset "Penis Penis Penis!". However, I never flaunted my homosexuality and crammed it down someone's throat(haha), if something was brought up or there might be an issue, it was mentioned. I certainly wasn't starting every conversation with "Hi, my name is Abdur...I'm gay =D~~ "

Typheros, I don't really see people fishing in this topic for sympathy by the use of the word 'minority'.

But yeah, as a whole, I've really never felt the urge to surround myself with other homosexuals. I've got two gay friends, and for the most part I don't even really keep that many friends anyway. So it's not so much finding a group I can identify with, as finding people I can identify with. Gay, straight, anything in between, if we get along thats all that matters. I don't make exceptions; if you're annoying or a jackass, you're gone.

I'm not prejudice with my hate, everyone gets it equally if they deserve it. =]

Darkly
Dec 12, 2007, 04:49 PM
It's the whole 'them' and 'us' attitude people get. I Mean those strict hetrosexual white males are the main cause of making others going off into their little camps ( i am white male btw).

Hitting on girls, making fun of gays, its just sad isn't it. Maybe because i have a girlfriend and im mature is why i dont jump down the e-throat of any female sounding voice i hear.

It's just that when i play games, i play to relax and have fun, i really don't care who you are as long as you can shoot. and why should we? were not really different at all, and guess what we're all gamers! so lets just get on with it.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-12-11 21:44, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Yeah but... it's the internet....

You might be isolated in real life because of your gender, race, orientation, or social status - but online... none of that matters. You are white text on a black screen. You are free of all the conventions and limitations of reality - you are a floating ball of pure conciousness flittering to and fro from post to post, absorbing information and sometimes returning information, but mostly just spitting a load of shit and stupidity out for the lulz of it. The only distinctions between people on the internet is purely ideological. So I suppose religion, political affiliation, and such issues still matter a bit - but the wonderful thing is, all of that can change in a heartbeat. If I want to be a young black male, I can. If I want to be mother of two, I can. If I want to be a claw weilding bio-monster construct girl with an evil twin sister who's out to kill me - I can.

None of that shit really matters, if you don't let it - and the only barriers between you and other people in which isolation can occur are the ones you construct yourself. Yes, sometimes it is nice to drop the facade and communicate with someone on a very -real- level across the internet - but those should be exceptions, not the rule.

Note however, that I don't particularly care for liars - even online. I think there's ways you can still be true to who you are without getting entangled in all the bullshit that comes with real-life or group association. At the very least, you shouldn't have to lie about who you are online - but by the same token it shouldn't fucking matter. Just play the game and have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-11 21:53 ]</font>

that's all well and good except when I want to make black lesbian fat jokes. then everyone's all offended.

watashiwa
Dec 12, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-12-12 16:09, SolomonGrundy wrote:
that's all well and good except when I want to make black lesbian fat jokes. then everyone's all offended.

Just do it anyway.

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-12-12 16:26, watashiwa wrote:

On 2007-12-12 16:09, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Just do it anyway.

Those are jokes meant to offend, he must be doing a good job!

Noblewine
Dec 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
Who cares.... <.< I know male players that play as Female PC's.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 13, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-12-12 05:17, amtalx wrote:
This most beautifully illustrates the usefulness of MUTE. I don't need you flexing your e-vag in my ear.

Yeah, I did the mute too also avoid player considering they did two things on the avoid list.

-Inane chatter, this time singing nonstop whilst running into groups and dying a lot
-The dying a lot part without kills goes to player skill

Other dude in the team slayer seemed to latch on to the gurrrrl gamer and chuckled his way into deaths too. Mute.
-
Furthermore

Online play shouldn't be a dating service either, seems like too much work to go find that a shut-in you shouldn't be looking for in online games anyway. Don't go freaking out and e-stalking woman gamers, those that want the attention or otherwise.

Grouping up on your own forums is fine if you need that sort of support I suppose. Gamertags like gay*firstname*gay aren't necessary though, but probably is an attention-needer the same way as that type of female gamer.

joluh
Dec 13, 2007, 11:15 AM
Those gay people make me look bad. Lol, gaygamet.net is made of pure fail, want a big gay gaming community? go to y-gallery, thousands of us. We're not that hard to find, really. I guess some gay gamers love to make a big deal about it, all the time when I say I'm gay on a MMORPG, I get the "Wow, really? oh, hey and you're cool! awesome!"

Teenagers are so cute.

Raine_Loire
Dec 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
I don't go out and announce I'm a chick, but if I'm playing in a party and someone makes a comment assuming I am a teenage boy, I'll correct them. Why? IDK- maybe for the same reason you teenage boys would correct someone who thought you were a girl. Or you straight guys would correct someone who thinks you're gay.

Then again, I don't think clarifying gender is the same as announcing your sexual preference. I mean, I will say "yeah, I'm not a boy" But I'm wouldn't say "I like guys" or "I like girls" because that isn't anyone's business. I wouldn't say I'm a black girl or a white girl or a hispanic girl, an old lady or a 10 year old. Just correct the gender and move on.

Then again, I don't take free stuff just because I'm female, and I don't suck at games, so I guess I don't need to fall back on having boobs. But... any REAL girl gamer wouldn't do these things either... I mean a real girl gamer, not a real girl who plays games... there's a difference.

Tita
Dec 17, 2007, 01:37 AM
I like to look at things at the core, and it's not really a "sex" or "sexual identity issue".

It always boils down to "stupids" and "non/not-so-stupids".

I have a problem with people who use their sex for freebies.
I also have a problem with people who start acting like monkeys, either negatively or positively, when a person's sex is figured out/mentioned.

Just stick to folks who are more mature about the sex issue, and ignore those who can't help but act like pubes (tee hee) when sex comes up. I don't think there's a fair way to suggest a code of conduct on this issue.

and LOL at the pic ajflksdjf;ajsdkfj

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-12-16 22:39 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Dec 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
The female breed happen to like attention, so when some poor social outcast happens to hear he's been playing with a girl all this time that's exactly what she's going to get.

Aviva
Dec 19, 2007, 03:12 AM
I second what Raine said...when someone says something about how the little boy should shut up or is offended when i say boyfriend thinking i am a boy as well...i say...no man i am a real girl...they get amazed....at which point i normally finish the run and leave the group...i prefer to play with people that like doing runs with me because i am a good gamer...not because of my anatomy...

people love me because i freaking rock....not because i am a chick

Takayanagi
Dec 19, 2007, 05:48 AM
Meh, invariably, people of almost any group formed to make a statement are hypocrites. That is why I agree with a previous posters comments about how its okay to belong to a group, but making out like you deserve special treatment is wrong. You can see it in most social groupings - feminists, anime freaks, rich people - they all secretly like to pretend they are somehow more superior to others just because of their current status in society.

Personally I see nothing wrong with a site like the gamerchicks one - I took a quick glance over it, and it seems like its just a group for females to discuss a common interest. I also see nothing wrong with telling another gamer online your sex, interests, whatever, if asked or the situation arises that you feel it is necessary to say it.

So basically, to the OP, I think you are being a little too general with your flaming. Not everyone says they are a girl or gay, just for the hell of it, or to make some kind of statement. To those who do, I can agree it is slightly pathetic.

I completely agree with Aviva - people should enjoy playing with you because of your skills, not your anatomy. Sadly, we are all humans, and as a whole humanity is 100% flawed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BlaizeYES
Dec 20, 2007, 07:44 PM
sex is important in video games, i met a girl that could beat me at mario kart and mario party. she was attractive, and i found the gaming skill VERY attractive. MAN

Atayin
Dec 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
This thread really caught my eye. There was even more I had wanted to say while browsing through it, but Sinue pretty much spoke my mind (better then I could have). I still have a few thoughts, though.

I think we all can relate to this on some level or another. It does get annoying when people log on and try to flaunt things about themselves that shouldn't be important in online gaming. It's especially irritating when one such person begins to complain about being treated differently when they've aggrovated everybody by getting proud and on a pedastal about their race/gender/orientation/age- you name it. The fact is, you reap what you sew.

Personally, I'm proud of my background and ethnicity. I've experienced a lot of issues and discrimination IRL in regards to race and culture (probably a lot more then most can relate to in this day and age) that have led to me being the person I am today. But when I log onto a game server... I check it at the door. I still have my pride, but even it has it's place. That place isn't in-game.

I take advantage of the opportunity to represent myself free of any pre-conceived notions based on social status or appearance and enjoy the fact that for a while, everybody is on the same level as I am. That's one of my favorite things about online gaming. You are how and who you play. Sometimes it's even an opportunity to relate to somebody completely different from you! It's great.

Some people just don't see it that way, though. I do my best to avoid them, but as gamers are becoming more and more diverse- I'm beginning to encounter the contrary and proud attitude more and more.

It can be frustrating for people like me to encounter our polar opposites. Some of us are tired of petty differences and discrimination. I can start a game with a celebrity, a minority, a young person, old person, male, female- Whoever... and NEVER KNOW IT, but still get along with them beautifully because none of it matters. It's actually liberating to socialize with people this way.

But the second any of it becomes a point of argument or haughty discussion... all of that freedom melts away and we're left right where we would be IRL, only without the same reprecussions for saying hurtful things to eachother.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2007-12-21 11:57 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Dec 21, 2007, 04:20 PM
When someone actually asks me for my gender, I respond: "Hermaphrodite."

In some cases, I can push it to the point of lethal hilarity.

Erika
Dec 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
._. Is this really something to get that upset over?

Okay, if it will make all you guys feel better. ^o^ I'll make a site called "Guy Gamers: We <3 our gameeess.PROUDTOBEGUYGAMERS.PSHYEAH" ? ... o.0 ... I think they only do stuff like that because the stereotype of gamer is : Straight, white, nerdy and well, male. I dont know why that is.

=| ...In any case, I dont care if you're gay/white/black/purple/gay/asexual/straight/blahblah/asian. As long as your perosonality is cool.

btw- IMAGURLGAMERRRR :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erika on 2007-12-25 17:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erika on 2007-12-25 17:50 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Dec 25, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-12-25 17:48, Erika wrote:

Okay, if it will make all you guys feel better. ^o^ I'll make a site called "Guy Gamers: We <3 our gameeess.PROUDTOBEGUYGAMERS.PSHYEAH" ? ... o.0 ... I think they only do stuff like that because the stereotype of gamer is : Straight, white, nerdy and well, male. I dont know why that is.

=| ...In any case, I dont care if you're gay/white/black/purple/gay/asexual/straight/blahblah/asian. As long as your perosonality is cool.

btw- IMAGURLGAMERRRR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDDDDD

At first I was gunna post FACEPALM.JPG but I thought better of it.
Nonetheless...You're really not making the case better for female gamers. Just sayin'.

Erika
Dec 25, 2007, 09:08 PM
On 2007-12-25 17:54, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2007-12-25 17:48, Erika wrote:

btw- IMAGURLGAMERRRR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDDDDD |sarcasm-spotted!|

At first I was gunna post FACEPALM.JPG but I thought better of it.
Nonetheless...You're really not making the case better for female gamers. Just sayin'.

How so? :