PDA

View Full Version : About the MAG thingy

dys0r
Jan 9, 2003, 02:55 PM
I started a new MAG, cuz I completely blew my other one and messed up the stats, so I couldn't get a Sato MAG. This new one, I raised it all the way to level 50. I have all three PBs that I wanted (Estlla, Pilla, Mylla & Youlla). My goal is to try and get that damn Sato rare. Its a Kabanda, and its stats are 9/1/19/21. I fed it the wrong thing and accidentally increased POW.

I'm following VulpesMundi's guide on this site and have the following stats for my MAG when it's lvl 200.

"Recommended best true FOrce MAG outcome

"MIND>POW>DEX MAG: DEF 30, POW 0, DEX 20, MIND 150
Recommended final outcome: Nidra (100/A or C/FM) or Sato (100/A/FF), all for the multiple instances of Invincibility. "

My question is... what should I do between now, level 50, to level 100? What stats should I raise so that I can get that Sato MAG.

Thank you.

- dys

VulpesMundi
Jan 9, 2003, 08:47 PM
The MAG you're trying to make is a difficult one between level 50 and 100. That 30 DEF is a pain in the ass to achieve, particularly with a Kabanda. You're going to have to do a few particular things in order to make sure you can get the 30 DEF before it hits level 100. First thing is to finish getting that 20 DEX since that's easier to acquire (Antiparalysis should work fine). Next, you can feed it Sol Atomizers to raise the DEF and MIND a little. However, since Kabanda is such a difficult MAG to feed, you might want to make another character to feed that MAG (so it'll evolve into something else) until it gets to 30 DEF. The following MAGs would be a good choice to feed for DEF: Apsaras, Vayu, Varaha, Ushasu, Kaitabha, Kumara, Bhirava, or Kama. If you feed one of these MAGs Antiparalysis it'll gain DEF and nothing else, making it easy (though it'll take awhile) to get that 30 DEF. After you've got the 20 DEX and 30 DEF just feed the MAG with anybody and give it Difluids and you'll be fine.

And this is to any admin who happens to read this.
There's still a typo (which was brought up a month or so ago) in the guide as noted in the following quote from dysor...

Recommended best true FOrce MAG outcome

MIND>POW>DEX MAG: DEF 30, POW 0, DEX 20, MIND 150
Recommended final outcome: Nidra (100/A or C/FM) or Sato (100/A/FF), all for the multiple instances of Invincibility.

Please fix this to say the following...

MIND>DEX>POW MAG: DEF 30, POW 0, DEX 20, MIND 150

Thank you.

dys0r
Jan 9, 2003, 09:57 PM
My Kabanda's stats are now:

Level 71
Sync: 120%
IQ: 166
DEF: 15
POW: 1
DEX: 20
MIND: 35

I'm trying to get it to change it some other MAG with my level 38 RAmar, but no luck yet. I'm trying to get its DEF to 30, but MIND increases faster than DEF by a lot. Plus, Sol Atomizers don't show up that often in shops. Can I still get the DEF to 30 by just feeding it Sol Atomizers? Any other tips?

- dys

Brundidge
Jan 9, 2003, 10:48 PM
You gotta move your mag's POW up from 1 to 5 in order to qualify for a rare mag (or unless your not going for it now).

VulpesMundi
Jan 10, 2003, 12:17 AM
On 2003-01-09 19:48, Brundidge wrote:
You gotta move your mag's POW up from 1 to 5 in order to qualify for a rare mag (or unless your not going for it now).

That's not necessary, though balanced stats look nicer. At level 100 if the MAG has 30 DEF, 1 POW, 20 DEX, and 49 MIND (DEF+DEX=POW+MIND) it'll still be viable for a Sato.

On 2003-01-09 18:57, dys0r wrote:
I'm trying to get it to change it some other MAG with my level 38 RAmar, but no luck yet. I'm trying to get its DEF to 30, but MIND increases faster than DEF by a lot. Plus, Sol Atomizers don't show up that often in shops. Can I still get the DEF to 30 by just feeding it Sol Atomizers? Any other tips?

Feeding it Sol Atoms could be touchy, particularly since it's already such a high level and you have 15 DEF to go. Remember that when you feed a MAG with another character to change its form it will only occur on levels multiple of 5 (in this case, level 75 is your next chance). So just feed it Sol Atoms to level 75 for now, then when it changes forms into an Apsaras (I'm assuming) switch over to the Antiparalysis and get the DEF to 30. ANd also remember that you don't need to worry about the Synchro and IQ until the MAG is level 200. It's a waste of time otherwise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-01-09 21:20 ]</font>

Brundidge
Jan 10, 2003, 12:20 AM
Dammmit I never knew that.
Oh well dammit...
I balance my mags for 2 stats anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

dys0r
Jan 10, 2003, 10:55 AM
Ok, ok. I think I'm starting to understand it all now. I'm so damn new to this. My Kabanda's stats:

Level 80
DEF: 20
POW: 1
DEX: 20
MIND: 39

So, I have to be level 80 and then give it to my RAmar and feed it up to 85 in order to evolve it, right? And, I just have to follow that DEF + DEX = POW + MIND all the way to level 100, with the stats 30/1/20/49? Oh, btw, I'm a PURPLENUM, but I'm gonna feed it to my VIRIDIA FOmarl character once it's level 99 to get a Sato. Will that work out?

Thanks a lot, guys.

- dys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dys0r on 2003-01-10 07:57 ]</font>

Yurika
Jan 10, 2003, 11:07 AM
Yup, Switching over at lv99 and feeding it to 100 with a different character with the right ID/class works fine. I did it for my sato. ^_^