PDA

View Full Version : PSO should it be on the PS3

wucca
Dec 12, 2007, 11:25 AM
I am a fan of Episode 1 & 2 and i am hopin that they are redone for the Ps3 or something alon the samelines.

Q. Should they do a PSO for the PS3?

AlexCraig
Dec 12, 2007, 11:42 AM
We have had countless threads like these (not exactly for the same system, but...) they all are pretty much the same. People keep hoping PSO will make a "grand return" of some sort, when it isn't. They all end up with many people argueing about "PSO not returning vs 'Sources'", and then some PSU elitists come spreading "PSU now has PSO stuff", then inevitably "PSO vs PSU".

However, in lue of this thread, I will humor the OP. Should they remake it? For the PSO fans like me, I would say it would be nice. On the PS3? Eh... I would much rather see it on 360 and/or Wii.

Other than that, I have said my peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-12-12 08:47 ]</font>

Saphion
Dec 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
Ditto everything AlexCraig just said.

It took me a while to accept Sonic Team had given up on PSO, but I got there in the end.

Meyfei
Dec 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
>.> 1 name says it all, to bad 1 forums prevents it all, hint: bye bye sega hello -gets cut off-

AlexCraig
Dec 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
Umm... what?

Freeze
Dec 12, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:14, Meyfei wrote:
>.> 1 name says it all, to bad 1 forums prevents it all, hint: bye bye sega hello -gets cut off-

Huh? This makes no sense.

kizu
Dec 12, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-12-12 11:14, Meyfei wrote:

are you talking bout the other servers?

Demesios
Dec 12, 2007, 09:10 PM
ps3??bah i'd much rather see it on a worthy system like the wii or xbox 360.psp wouldn't be bad idea either...

Banish
Dec 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
There probably isn't gonna be a remake, post a link or stop talking lol.

wucca
Dec 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
to me PSU would not be around if it was not for PSO so the people that keep sisin pso should think again because its waht made the game u love and keep defending.

There are things in PSO that i loved and they took them out like bein able to play offline with your friends and still able to lvl.

A-P
Dec 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
I love PSO, but how many times must they strike a dead horse before we're all satisfied? I thought Blue Burst was the way to go and if they released console versions and united the servers so everyone could play it at the same time around when they released Episode I & II, it may still be alive today.

We've been playing basically the same game for over six years. It had a hell of a run, let it go and remember it fondly. You still have the old versions anyway.

Altavista
Dec 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
Wii sucks, why would a sane person even play it. PS3 is also better than 360.

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 08:50 AM
On 2007-12-12 08:42, AlexCraig wrote:
We have had countless threads like these (not exactly for the same system, but...) they all are pretty much the same. People keep hoping PSO will make a "grand return" of some sort, when it isn't. They all end up with many people argueing about "PSO not returning vs 'Sources'", and then some PSU elitists come spreading "PSU now has PSO stuff", then inevitably "PSO vs PSU".

However, in lue of this thread, I will humor the OP. Should they remake it? For the PSO fans like me, I would say it would be nice. On the PS3? Eh... I would much rather see it on 360 and/or Wii.

Other than that, I have said my peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-12-12 08:47 ]</font>

pretty much.

All Pro-PSU chatter aside, im just gonna go ahead and say what i always say in this situation.

PSO is dead. Maybe not you you, maybe not to US, but it IS to Sonic Team. Its far too dated of a game to ever benefit Sega again, and no matter how much you love it they are not bringing it back to lose money hosting servers just so a fanbase of no more than a few thousand people will play.

Edit: I wont quote it, but the post directly above me fails with the mass of 6 planets.

PS3 fanboys are dilluded fucking idiots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-14 05:52 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Dec 14, 2007, 03:05 PM
The only thing I'd like to see, and I'd mostly like to see it on PC so we could have it 'forever' is a download-only release of BB that had two changes:

1. Allow people to play offline and save their characters to their own hard drive.
2. Leave the online function in and make it so people could set up private servers and/or LAN events.

For me, that would nicely wrap up PSO.

EDIT: And when I say leave the online function in, I don't mean to suggest Sega should open up servers again. I don't think they should for PSO. I just mean, make it so it COULD be played online by people who ~ on their own ~ would be willing to host games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-14 12:06 ]</font>

Demesios
Dec 14, 2007, 06:03 PM
oh and for all the ps3 fanboys who think the ps3 is leagues ahead of the 360......needless to say the ps3 has a lot of catching up to do....

NOTE-be4 any1 curses me out for being a playstation hater...i'm not.my first console was a psone followed by a ps2.i like the ps1 and ps2 but the ps3 has a long ways to go.

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 06:15 PM
PS3 has a WORLD of work to do catching up with the 360.

Needless to say it will never catch the Wii.

AlexCraig
Dec 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
Funny how this discussion has turned. Rather than fighting about PSO vs PSU, this has turned to a consol conflict. Now come on, guys. You know where this leads.

wucca
Dec 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
i like the idea that Doublexp had which is to let people set up and make there own game it would then squash all the people like me setting up polls like this. Also like the idea if all platforms bein able to play the same game with each other that would be the best idea off them all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wucca on 2007-12-15 13:59 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Dec 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-12-14 15:15, RemiusTA wrote:
PS3 has a WORLD of work to do catching up with the 360.

Needless to say it will never catch the Wii.

yeah by work they mean red rings of death

wucca
Dec 18, 2007, 01:40 PM
since u lot dont agree about the revamp of PSO 1 and 2, they should consider bringin back the multiplayer offline in a future title so people can play the game with there friend offline and still take there char online when they like.

--Tsunami--
Dec 20, 2007, 12:39 PM
damn i would LOOOOOOOVE a PSO for ps3 and i would aprecciate if you would NOT pay for the internet

wucca
Dec 26, 2007, 03:45 PM
the idea of not payin for the internet and polaying one of the best games evermade, but PSO and PSU should never be about what one is better because PSO and PSU r one and the same in many ways its just from a different angle and prospective so if they didi bring out another Phantasy Star O/U it would not matter because i would still purchase the game and complete what challages the set.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlexCraig
Dec 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=164303&forum=1&14

x_Shadow_x
Dec 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
its going and it will most likly not come back. but in the silm tace it does it will most likly be on a nintendo game system not a PS so sya good bye

JKKDARK
Dec 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-12-14 12:05, doubleEXP wrote:
The only thing I'd like to see, and I'd mostly like to see it on PC so we could have it 'forever' is a download-only release of BB that had two changes:

1. Allow people to play offline and save their characters to their own hard drive.
2. Leave the online function in and make it so people could set up private servers and/or LAN events.
Saving your chracters in the hard drive is a terrible idea. Cheating would be more easy. And so you know how to paly online free..

trypticon
Dec 27, 2007, 09:34 PM
If it were on the PS3 nobody would play it. There'd be no point.

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2007-12-26 12:45, wucca wrote:
the idea of not payin for the internet and polaying one of the best games evermade, but PSO and PSU should never be about what one is better because PSO and PSU r one and the same in many ways its just from a different angle and prospective so if they didi bring out another Phantasy Star O/U it would not matter because i would still purchase the game and complete what challages the set.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ps I-IV is best ones made http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif