PDA

View Full Version : Fighting 'large' enemies (svaltus, grinning beta) now painfu

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure if PC/PS2 is seeing this or not:

When fighting a large enemies like svaltus or grinning beta C there awful graphics glitching that goes on when engaging them in melee attacks. Regardless of the attack used, your character jumps (graphically), all over the place, making it difficult to attack or dodge. And it looks pretty bad too.

Anyone else experience this?
Better yet, anyone able to grab a screen shot of the issue? I have a issue logged with SEGA, and could use some supporting data.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 12, 2007, 01:30 PM
Are you stuck inside of them?

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Not seeing this at all, I play on PC. Haven't heard of this issue coming up specifically but given other issues on the 360 version currently, I find it feasable.

Best you can do is what you did and bring it to SEGA's attention.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:30, beatrixkiddo wrote:

you jump around graphically, so yes, you can get stuck inside. But you can also get moved from back to front, (or vice versa). The movement glitch is fast and erratic.

pikachief
Dec 12, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:36, SolomonGrundy wrote:

you jump around graphically, so yes, you can get stuck inside. But you can also get moved from back to front, (or vice versa). The movement glitch is fast and erratic.

yea my friend hates svaultues or w/e cuz he get stuck in them all the time XD

thats when i ask him y hes so close to them as a gunner >.>

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
This happens to most of the fighters i see going against the large two legged creatures like the svaltus and grinabete.

Miyuki-chan
Dec 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
This happens to me every time I fight a Svaltus, a Polavohra, Drua Gohra, etc... Except for those new ones on Neudaiz, the big insect looking ones dont do it to me (probably because they constantly throw me across the room ;; )

I haven't fought a Grinna Bete with my FF recently because of the issue with the robot explosions causing memory leaks and slowing my 360 to a crawl until it's reset.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyuki-chan on 2007-12-12 10:47 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Dec 12, 2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I get it a lot.... It's annoying when you're trying to run away from certain attacks.

Broodstar1337
Dec 12, 2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks to this glitch, Svaltus is now the official anti-hunter enemy. Sure, you could probably still Jabroga one, but easier said than done.

daniel_drago
Dec 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
yeh ive noticed this a well, getting to close to lager mobs feet will cause you to be dragged around but because you are targeting them you'll move round them trying to hit them. I find it quite funny tbh, not really annoying either just something that needs fixing because it's an issue that shouldn't exsist seeing as it only happened recently

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Um, is this a 360 problem? Cuz i don't remember this happening...

Syanaide
Dec 12, 2007, 02:49 PM
Its on 360. Sometimes its unavoidable as a gunner too, if you're trying to g. launcher them and they come charging at you, you can still get stuck. Its pretty lame, made my Holy Grounds runs frustrating last night.

Turambar
Dec 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
I get it on the PC as well. Though it doesn't really bother me as much as others....

SabZero
Dec 12, 2007, 02:55 PM
used to happen mostly with kogg nadds, now with all bigger monsters. Yep, we got Kogg nadd'ed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RegulusHikari
Dec 12, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'm on PC and I definitely see these effects against Svaltus in particular.

kissablepimp
Dec 12, 2007, 03:35 PM

Hell yeah I alway get stuck inside those damn Svaltus everytime I use Majirra. Not the Ginna bete C or S.

Miyoko
Dec 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
I absolutely HATE fighting large enemies with melee now because of this bug. :l It's so godamn annoying, and makes things multiple times more painful.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys, I will direct SEGA to this thread.

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-12-12 10:29, SolomonGrundy wrote:
When fighting a large enemies like svaltus or grinning beta C there awful graphics glitching that goes on when engaging them in melee attacks.

On 2007-12-12 10:31, Typheros wrote:
Not seeing this at all

Chelsea Torn - Support-build Guntecher (15)

That takes care of THAT mystery! ::dusts hands off::

NeoN247
Dec 12, 2007, 04:07 PM
Ye i get this, what i noticed is; when u lock on, its to the torso part of the svaltus. I dont seem to have the problem when i _dont_ lock on.

No idea what this means but meh, enjoi the feedback lol.

Addark
Dec 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
That happens to me a lot when I fight Svaltus. I'm on the 360. x_x

panzer_unit
Dec 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hasn't happened to me with Grinna or Svaltus before or after AOI, I play on PS2.

I get stuck inside Koggs and Polas but there's no teleport-y magic to it, if they run over and stomp me I sometimes get stuck under/inside until they wander off. It's painful and probably stinks like hell.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
Have this problem on PC, it kinda makes soloing just that much harder <<

Shiryuu
Dec 12, 2007, 04:41 PM
It's always funny when it happens to orcdillans in the amf hive. You get to go along for a ride while it runs around. You usually have to kill it to get away too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TheBlackDeath
Dec 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
What exactly is the big problem with getting stuck inside the enemy? If you're meleeing you still hit them and depending on the enemy they can't hit you at all. One particularly amusing time is when I was fighting some jishagaras on De Ro Le I kept getting stuck in them whenever I would do the second part of Senten Kanzan-ga. It didn't really cause any problems but it sure was fun. I've run Sleeping warriors S2 and when fighting the Svaltus at the end I get stuck in them but the biggest problem it ever caused for me was recieving 3 tornado breaks at once. That's not as big a deal for me since I'm a Fortefighter and have over 3200 HP but I still had to pop a trimate. The Svaltus are really the only enemy I've noticed with any major change in their attack patterns like ST said they were going to change. It's not a change for the better though because all they seem to do now is use that retarded tornado break attack. Before the expansion I had this kind of thing happen to me during a run of Dark Sattelite when I got stuck inside of a Seed-Vitace and had to kill the thing to get out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlackDeath on 2007-12-12 14:21 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2007, 05:24 PM
Well, if you wanted to run away from, say, Old Man Svaltus' Tornado Break, you couldn't. Just get stuck between those old legs getting smacked around with... old swords.

pikachief
Dec 12, 2007, 06:00 PM
i got stuck in a pholavorha once...

Friend: wtf are u doing?

Me:Im... stuck >.<

Friend: lol get out

Me: I CANT! D:

Friend your about to die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Me: GET THE HELL OFF ME!!! *pulls out shotty and kills it* >.>

KyEmo
Dec 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
I read this thread, and thought "Wtf are they talking about". Then 5 minutes later; "Holy shit, I just teleported behind him" then a second after that, I'm in a crab things ass ._.

Couldn't get out either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LanVanDam13
Dec 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
svaltus is he the monster from skies of arcadia

Apone
Dec 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
isnt that because each leg is a target now? so your getting bumped around by both areas. Although I HAVE run right between a svaltus' legs, I dont think you could do this before. probably bad execution that needs tweaking.

Tiyr
Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
I stopped playing around April-ish, ha never had this happen. Since coming back, happens all the damn time. Blech.

rogue_robot
Dec 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
The legs of Svalti have always been targetable offline, but this problem didn't start with anything other than Kog-nads until AotI. Painfully annoying, as I always play HUnters and FOrces, and since offline I'm always solo (unless I bring the PM along, they can be freaking godly offline).

Hell, even Kog-nads weren't such an issue in vanilla - I would get stuck in them, but not "teleported" around, and could still use my beloved Zubba. Now I have to revert to my Serafi Daggers and the spinning PA for the large enemies.

Rasputin
Dec 12, 2007, 11:44 PM
I've never gotten stuck inside a Svaltus, but he still pisses me off. Fucker doesn't know when to stop spinning...

Dragon_Knight
Dec 12, 2007, 11:45 PM
Yea I play the PC version and I've had the glitch happen to me. Its not when figthing ALL large enemies for me....just most. Kog/Salv/ect. When I get to close to them when they hop around I start warping around....usualy missing all of my attacks but being hit by theirs.

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
The Ubakrada in Sakura Blast/White Beast are especially annoying because of this issue.

D1ABOLIK
Dec 13, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-12-12 11:55, SabZero wrote:
used to happen mostly with kogg nadds, now with all bigger monsters. Yep, we got Kogg nadd'ed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Happens all the time now. Kogg nadd'ed like no other.We need to make that term catch on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

________
BUY SOLO VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/solo-vaporizer.html)