PDA

View Full Version : AoI shop / meet up

ApharmdB
Dec 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
doubleEXP: I'm on as Alteisen/Virtue.

Notice: This topic was originally part of AotI: I have to give it up to PSU, things ARE much better now! (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=20&topic=163361)

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-12-11 14:28, ApharmdB wrote:

Cool ~ I'll keep an eye out for you. Also, I did update my store (and while I was at it I finally put some stuff up for sale).

My Store Ad starts with: Platinum's Shop.

So if you search stores for Platinum (or even just Plat) you'll find me no problem.

I'm going to make a list of names today of players (from this topic and another one) and see if I can visit everyone and leave a message in your log.

Hey, is there anyway to give someone your card if you're not both there in person at the same time? Like, can you mail a copy of your card to someone?

Just wondering.

See you in PSU.

ApharmdB
Dec 12, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-12-12 06:14, doubleEXP wrote:

On 2007-12-11 14:28, ApharmdB wrote:

Cool ~ I'll keep an eye out for you. Also, I did update my store (and while I was at it I finally put some stuff up for sale).

My Store Ad starts with: Platinum's Shop.

So if you search stores for Platinum (or even just Plat) you'll find me no problem.

I'm going to make a list of names today of players (from this topic and another one) and see if I can visit everyone and leave a message in your log.

Hey, is there anyway to give someone your card if you're not both there in person at the same time? Like, can you mail a copy of your card to someone?

Just wondering.

See you in PSU.

I don't think so, unfortunately http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If anything, I can just hang out in your room...and wait for you to return. >_>

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
Lol, well just so you don't waste too much time, I am in EST (eastern standard time) and I usually get on around 8pm est.

Actually, I'm on a bit earlier, but for the first 30 minutes I'm working on my PM.

Anyway, if you can be on around 8pm tonight we could exchange cards and stuff. If not maybe we could pick a time later this week or something.

ApharmdB
Dec 12, 2007, 09:59 AM
Better yet, designate a time in the week anyway so we can meet up with other people as well.

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
That's a good idea.

Back in the day, my group of fellow PSO'ers and I used to meet up in a specific lobby in PSO. It was "our" lobby. I think it was Antares 5 on GC, and way back in the day I think it was Titania 2 on DC.

Maybe we could pick a hot spot and Universe # to meet in PSU.

Universe 2 is prolly best since its already the most social universe. And I suppose Clyez City is the best overall area, since it so easy for everyone to get to.

I guess we could just meet up outside the Linear Line. Maybe we make that a spot for anyone who wants to meet new players to hang out, starting with us, but open to anyone.

What do you think?

EDIT:

Oh, and you said time of the week, too.

What about Thursdays at 8pm?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-12 07:09 ]</font>

Yuneiko
Dec 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
Well, if anything, I'll try to be on the benches of Clyez on Uni 02 Today. I'll try for 7 PM central time or 9PM, i forget which way the hour goes.

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 01:25 PM
Haha, cool. Yeah, when its 8 in EST, its 7 in CST.

Yuneiko
Dec 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
Well, if you're on now, i'll go idle near the elevator to linear line, sitting in a corner. I've got a final soon, so just leave your card for me and i'll get back to you ASAP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuneiko on 2007-12-12 10:38 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get on til tonight.

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
Uh, any chance i could join you guys? I too am in need of buds (haven't really had any since pso).

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:05, Psycho_Sonic wrote:
Uh, any chance i could join you guys? I too am in need of buds (haven't really had any since pso).

Of course.

I think we're trying to make Cylez City (just outside the Linear Line) on Universe 2 our meeting place. Try to get there at 8pm each night to meet people. The more of us that meet up, the more in-game buds we'll all have.

Yuneiko
Dec 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
I have trouble searching Platinum's shop. Shows up with noone. Anyone else have the problem?

ApharmdB
Dec 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:30, Yuneiko wrote:
I have trouble searching Platinum's shop. Shows up with noone. Anyone else have the problem?

Had that issue too. Search for "Plat".

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I tried searching my own shop last night. If I typed in "Platinum" or even just "Plat" it should up near the top of the list. I think if you type in "Platinum's Shop" then it gets messed up somehow...

ApharmdB
Dec 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-12-12 12:35, ApharmdB wrote:

On 2007-12-12 12:30, Yuneiko wrote:

Had that issue too. Search for "Plat".

Err, I mean in the advertisement section.

Yuneiko
Dec 12, 2007, 05:30 PM
Odd, it says no shop found. Plat in ad search, Plat in name search gives me Deplatond.

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
That's so odd. Knowing me, I goofed something up when I set up the shop last night.

Well, I'll be on tonight at around 8pm est (7pm cst) so I'll try to meet up with you in Universe 2, outside the Linear Line.

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 10:35 PM
Well that totally rocked. Great to meet everyone that showed up tonight! Alteisen, Yuneiko, Zach, Sora, Derro ~ great runs in Dark Falku. And to everyone else that made to Linear Line, Universe 2: good to meet all, like Ren and the others who traded cards with me.

It was a very cool night tonight. Was like the good days in PSO, tons of people meeting and having fun and making groups. Awesome stuff.

I'll keep going to Universe 2, Linear Line, each night at 8 that I can. Let's build a cool group of players that like to have fun and joke around and help each other. Tonight was an AWESOME start!

Yuneiko
Dec 12, 2007, 11:04 PM
Haha, well, just remember that not every PSU player is a poster on the forums or even knows about PSOworld. At least, several people i've met don't know it.

doubleEXP
Dec 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-12-12 20:04, Yuneiko wrote:
Haha, well, just remember that not every PSU player is a poster on the forums or even knows about PSOworld. At least, several people i've met don't know it.

Good point and everyone is welcome, of course.

So long as we build a chill group of people that like to have fun and help each other out, in my opinion is doesn't really matter how they find us. It could be from this board (or another board) or just from chatting in game.

I was once part of something a bit like this, years ago, for PSO on Gamecube. It started as little topic on GameFAQS, called The Antares Chronicles v1. The topic was started just to see if they're were other people that wanted to make new friends in PSO, where the only 'rule' was to be chill and to have a "let's help each out" attitude. That was it.

Before you knew it ~ the topic maxed out at 500 posts! People were meeting every night on Antares 5. For the record, Antares 5 used to be a dead lobby. We picked it for that reason, so we'd know whoever showed up had actually read the topic, haha. But over the course of few weeks, there were dozens of players there every day.

More versions of The Antares Chronicles topic went up. I think we got up to v8 or v9 (so over 4000 unique posts!) before it was all over. A ton of AWESOME in-game friendships were formed, and much pwnage was had.

And it all started with a little topic whose idea was to bring together like-minded players, players that like to be a bit social, have fun, and help each other out.

As time went by, lots of people that didn't even post to GameFAQs found us, which was awesome.

If wasn't for the buds I made back then my Redria RAmarl never would have gotten Frozen Shooter or multiple high hit % Final Impacts. But my friends gave me their drops. In return, I made sure my best PSO buds all had a God/Battle, the one great rare I was good at getting.

Good times.

Last night kind of brought back that feeling. Some really cool people getting together, having fun... just 'cause! Haha.

It really is a simple concept, but sometime you need a spark to get people to rally together. Once it gets rolling, though... look out!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-13 08:09 ]</font>