PDA

View Full Version : AOI won't start up

Krupp
Dec 13, 2007, 11:10 PM
This is for my friend, hes having lot of problems and we have tried alot of things to fix it. Copying and pasting his description here:

"Ok, so to start off, I'll explain whats going on, and what I have done to try and fix this. When I start up the game, the first options screen comes up where I can choose between offline mode, online mode, options, credits and official website. However, when i click offline or online mode, nothing happens. the menu closes, but then nothing. Now I did indeed notice that there was no gamegaurd folder when i installed the game, and I figured that might be a reason why gamegaurd isn't jumping to start off right after, but I don't know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Basically click the link the screen closes and nothing happens, no new processes start.

Now Ive searched this entire forum for an answer, and psoworld. neither have been able to help me as of yet. the first thing I did was install directx and then the game, after that didn't work I uninstalled, then installed the game and then directx(both times from the cd). also I've tried the DEP thing, adding all four .exe's to the list but that didnt do anything. I've checked and I'm sure my drivers are up to date, although I guess I can check again on that. I've to install the directx from cd by going to my computer and "exploring" the disc as well. yet to no avail. if someone can please help me that would be much appreciated.

I've tried everything thats been said and nothing has changed. I have even reformatted my hard drive and everything, and at first it worked on my computer, then I had to restart and it stopped working. So I'm not sure what is going on, please give any support that you can, other then "install directx from the CD" cause I've done that many times -_-."

So he has installed direct x from the disc many times, the game has worked before as he played it once so its not his pc specs.His graphics is a onboard geforce 6100 with updated drivers and direct 3d is working. He also uninstalled his spyware/antivirus programs and tried it. I can't think of anything else to try, any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dhylec
Dec 14, 2007, 07:42 PM
Check for firewall settings, that could be the problem also.