PDA

View Full Version : help im addicted to bleach >_>

Alisha
Dec 15, 2007, 07:13 AM
before it went on hiatus on adult swim i caught the first episode and was intrigued. so i proceeded to watch dubs online till i reached episode 52...then i switched to fansubs till i got to episode 152(wich is what the current run is at in japan) then i was nooooooooooooooooo whats gonna happen next! so i started reading scanlations and am still doing do >_> i didnt think the manga would be as exciting without the music but somehow it manages to still be exciting D:

SUV = bankai
nanoblast = arrancar full release >_>

oh and i ran out and bought bleach for the DS >_> im tempted to get the wii one too even though i hate the wii mote since it has Grimmajow and Ulquiorra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-12-15 04:14 ]</font>

Saner
Dec 15, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-12-15 04:13, Alisha wrote:
before it went on hiatus on adult swim i caught the first episode and was intrigued. so i proceeded to watch dubs online till i reached episode 52...then i switched to fansubs till i got to episode 152(wich is what the current run is at in japan) then i was nooooooooooooooooo whats gonna happen next! so i started reading scanlations and am still doing do >_> i didnt think the manga would be as exciting without the music but somehow it manages to still be exciting D:

SUV = bankai
nanoblast = arrancar full release >_>

oh and i ran out and bought bleach for the DS >_> im tempted to get the wii one too even though i hate the wii mote since it has Grimmajow and Ulquiorra.

LMAO!! ya. Bleach is the only series that convinced me to start reading the manga to keep 100% up to date.

It was the same here. I started watching the anime episodes until the latest Japan releases, then I learned Bleach is not even finished and new Manga chapters are released almost every week! So I started reading the scanlations too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ya before that, I wasn't this interested in a series since DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho and Hokuto No Ken (1 and 2). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

IMAGINE A BLEACH MMORPG with a persistent world like FF11 but more rewarding and more effecient combat and faster progress like PSU!!!!! and maybe some platforming + athletic elements like Tenchu Z. mmorpg + jump button = win. o_o ^.^

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

ya I could just imagine it. players create their character and enter Shinigami Academy. and if they level enough, unlock Bankai and stuff they could be a new Captain or Vice Captain. but the only players chosen to be a Captain would be the ones that have the most persistent play records and prestige. and if they are absent too long, someone else qualified can take their place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif yup yup. and they could explore Soul Society, the 'real world' town, maybe even Hueco Mundo.

but ya I love Bleach cause it has fantastic characters, unique flavor of cool elements and concepts, and the pacing is really good, there's always something interesting going on and there's action happening almost all the time. but even the peaceful moments have their interesting parts too! and now the latest Espada story arc has reached some hyper exciting moments that's escalating to become something even more epic than the Soul Society arc!
(and personally I did enjoy the Bounto anime filler arc. but ya, Espada arc blows it away. )

aaaah those Vaizards better do something eventually! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2007-12-15 07:23 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 15, 2007, 09:35 PM
I tried to watch a few episodes, but I couldn't get into the series at all. Dunno, just didn't click with me. I didn't care for it.

Except for Yoruichi.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/YoruichiBleachAnimeEpisode56.jpg/250px-YoruichiBleachAnimeEpisode56.jpg

Gorgeous.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
Well, at least I know I'm not the only sucker for a pretty face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've been keeping up with Bleach as well, but..as of recently, the episodes haven't been all that great (unlike they were throughout the Soul Society arc).

I think there's a huge filler arc which starts around 68 or so. I don't remember the exact number, but it was awful.

I still watch the series, but..I'm just not enthusiastic about it as I used to be, because they keep adding useless dialogue and stuff that wasn't shown in the manga, just to drag the episode out.

It's kind of annoying. Well, other than that..I guess it's still worth watching. I just really hope things start to pick up again, so I can..you know..actually want to sit down and watch the episodes, lol.

Scrub
Dec 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
I liked the show when they were going around fighting ghosts, not so much when they were fighting other swordsmen. Got really boring, introduced a minimum of ten new characters per episode, and the whole setting they were in was just really dull.

Wyndham
Dec 15, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-12-15 04:13, Alisha wrote:help im addicted to bleach >_>

when I read this, I thought you were drinking Bleach.

Saner
Dec 15, 2007, 10:40 PM
actually the Bounto filler arc for the anime was really good. it just started off a little slow.

and the Arrancar, Vaizards and Espada are really cool, the anime is back to where the manga has already detailed, with Ichigo and company trying to rescue Inoue. The hollow swordspeople theme is actually really good. They are more formidable than normal monsters, and they are still hollows, yet more like super hollows. and far more interesting too.

but don't worry the Espada arc is already heading towards a very promising climax! this is just the beginning! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

NPCMook
Dec 15, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'd prefer it to end now

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 15, 2007, 11:35 PM
I really love Bleach, its totally awesome. I was at first turned off by it because of its name, but I started watching it and got hooked.

DizzyDi
Dec 16, 2007, 01:21 AM
Bleach is alright, for a continuous, over-dramatic, cliche-ridden animu.
There are better ANNIE MAYS out there to be addicted to.
Death Note for example. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

EJ
Dec 16, 2007, 01:40 AM
I agree watch the Death Note anime and the two Live action movies and you will be hook until it the end of the movie and anime.

And yes I sais Live action movie is equally as good as the anime.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 16, 2007, 01:49 AM
Death Note is pretty awesome too, and my girlfriend from Japan reads the manga.

Moo2u
Dec 16, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-12-15 19:21, Wyndham wrote:

On 2007-12-15 04:13, Alisha wrote:help im addicted to bleach >_>

when I read this, I thought you were drinking Bleach.

Likewise

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 16, 2007, 03:25 AM
I don't know Saner..I guess our tastes are a bit different. I wasn't too impressed with their filler. Instead of giving us filler, why not just give us material from the manga instead?

If you don't have material to animate, then just don't show it for a while or show reruns till you do have more material you can animate, instead of just showing us something you came up with and wasting money on something which doesn't advance the story at all.

Also..when they DO get on track with the material, they seem to throw in just random stuff that didn't happen in the manga, which makes the episode take longer than it should (i.e. Ichigo's latest fight. It should've ended and everything should have been resolved in THAT episode...*sighs*).

That's my main problem with the series, honestly. After watching the Soul Society arc and having it to compare our recent episodes with..the quality just isn't the same at all. I was really enthusiastic about watching the next episode through the Soul Society arc.

The recent episodes..not so much. It feels like there is something missing. Not to mention..they spend the first five minutes of the episode showing the opening + do a recap of some stuff which happened in the last episode (I'm REALLY getting sick and tired of hearing Renji's "chant of luck" before every new episode starts -.-'..they better not start next weeks that way). Also..HELLOOOOO? Why are we still showing recaps before our new episode when Rukia was running through filler material? That has NOTHING to do with where we are now...*groans*

I just really wish the animation team would put more focus on the important stuff, instead of still focusing on events that don't even matter at all and add in their own scenes they think are "funny" or "interesting" when 9 times out of 10, they aren't.

Ah, well..who knows...maybe one day Bleach will reach back up to the quality it had during the Soul Society arc and I'll start liking it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Alisha
Dec 16, 2007, 07:08 AM
death note is ok but its more cerebral. its more intriging than it is exciting. and yeah the bount arc is pretty much fail it sucks until the bounts attack soul society. if you want to skip the bount arc and go straight to the arrancar/hueco mundo arc then just skip to episode 110. there wasa couple episodes there with orihime and tatsuki that brought a few tears to my eyes. and yes yoruichi is awesome im curious what here released zapakuto is because she owned an arrancar with just hand to hand combat.

Wyndham
Dec 16, 2007, 11:17 AM
I read Death Note, Naruto, and Trigun. all but Naruto I buy in volumes.

NPCMook
Dec 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-12-16 00:25, Kikumaru wrote:
I don't know Saner..I guess our tastes are a bit different. I wasn't too impressed with their filler. Instead of giving us filler, why not just give us material from the manga instead?

If you don't have material to animate, then just don't show it for a while or show reruns till you do have more material you can animate, instead of just showing us something you came up with and wasting money on something which doesn't advance the story at all.

Also..when they DO get on track with the material, they seem to throw in just random stuff that didn't happen in the manga, which makes the episode take longer than it should (i.e. Ichigo's latest fight. It should've ended and everything should have been resolved in THAT episode...*sighs*).

That's my main problem with the series, honestly. After watching the Soul Society arc and having it to compare our recent episodes with..the quality just isn't the same at all. I was really enthusiastic about watching the next episode through the Soul Society arc.

The recent episodes..not so much. It feels like there is something missing. Not to mention..they spend the first five minutes of the episode showing the opening + do a recap of some stuff which happened in the last episode (I'm REALLY getting sick and tired of hearing Renji's "chant of luck" before every new episode starts -.-'..they better not start next weeks that way). Also..HELLOOOOO? Why are we still showing recaps before our new episode when Rukia was running through filler material? That has NOTHING to do with where we are now...*groans*

I just really wish the animation team would put more focus on the important stuff, instead of still focusing on events that don't even matter at all and add in their own scenes they think are "funny" or "interesting" when 9 times out of 10, they aren't.

Ah, well..who knows...maybe one day Bleach will reach back up to the quality it had during the Soul Society arc and I'll start liking it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

because over there Bleach and Naruto are two of the biggest cash cows at the moment, look at how much crap kids spend on those products alone! to be honest, its not worth it for them to stop showing the shows just to let the manga catch up. At least Bleach didn't do like Naruto and have 2 years of nothing BUT filler(Fillaruto). Not to mention Bleach does have some decent filler arcs, I lost intrest in the bounto arc because that was a little to out there and dull, unfortunately due to that I missed Ichigo's dad fighting T_T

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 16, 2007, 03:01 PM
Hmmm..I guess you're right. I didn't even think about it like that, but much like Naruto and One Piece, it is pretty popular in Japan. So, instead of taking it off the air for a little while, they just showed filler anyway, because they knew people would watch it regardless.

The people who are like, "I like ANYTHING Bleach!" and even watches through those OVAs, movies, and filler arcs, just cause it's Bleach, lol.

Good point http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SubstanceD
Dec 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
You're not the only one Alisha. I've also become addicted to Bleach.

Back when I first heard about the show I tuned in to Youtube and watched a couple of episodes, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't untill recently that I discovered that there was a channel here in the UK ( Anime Central ) that was showing Bleach that I really got into it. They got as far as Renji vs Byakuya before they started showing repeats. So I now get my Bleach fix from the manga, chapter 302 was the last one I read although Chapter 303 should be available now.

Saner
Dec 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
no there is a special manga issue involving Hitsugaya, but it still is interesting.

and you guys who gave up on the Bounto arc missed out on a great story and great climax.

The Bounto have a rich history and even character development for some of the key characters! yeah they could be related to vampires to a certain point but they are pretty unique in power and had some pretty incredible battles like Yoshino (after fusion) vs. Jin Kariya, Byakuya vs. Kariya, Ichigo vs. Kariya, etc. etc.!

The Bounto arc is truly underrated, but ya oh well, I won't say its better than Soul Society arc, but it's up there.

and those who want the Espada ar to end, don't appreciate how awesome it's becoming.

I swear while Bleach is one of the most popular anime to date, it ALSO has its notorious anti-fans that claim to be fans but criticize and complain about everything no matter what happens. =P

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Alisha
Dec 16, 2007, 07:05 PM
the special with hitsugaia is supposed to be a tie in to the upcoming movie the diamond dust rebellion.

NPCMook
Dec 16, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-12-16 14:49, Saner wrote:
no there is a special manga issue involving Hitsugaya, but it still is interesting.

and you guys who gave up on the Bounto arc missed out on a great story and great climax.

The Bounto have a rich history and even character development for some of the key characters! yeah they could be related to vampires to a certain point but they are pretty unique in power and had some pretty incredible battles like Yoshino (after fusion) vs. Jin Kariya, Byakuya vs. Kariya, Ichigo vs. Kariya, etc. etc.!

The Bounto arc is truly underrated, but ya oh well, I won't say its better than Soul Society arc, but it's up there.

and those who want the Espada ar to end, don't appreciate how awesome it's becoming.

I swear while Bleach is one of the most popular anime to date, it ALSO has its notorious anti-fans that claim to be fans but criticize and complain about everything no matter what happens. =P

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I watched a little of the bounto arc, up until they were at the hospital and they were going against the twins who used bottle caps to control water or whatever, and I pretty much lost hope then.

To be honest, I like Bleach, but its not super-ultra-omega-awesome-newness, its pretty damn generic. All the character personalities can be identified with another action/adventure anime

Now I'm not saying Bleach sucks, I'm just saying its generic... Like every movie released in recent years

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 16, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-12-16 16:25, NPCMook wrote:

To be honest, I like Bleach, but its not super-ultra-omega-awesome-newness, its pretty damn generic. All the character personalities can be identified with another action/adventure anime

Now I'm not saying Bleach sucks, I'm just saying its generic... Like every movie released in recent years

This little part made me want to post something which I thought to be funny.

Welcome to the world of shonen anime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif!

MOST of them are like that anyway. DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Hokuto no Ken, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

Darkly
Dec 16, 2007, 08:18 PM
i was a sucker for these kind of shows, i used to think they were EPIC as a child anyway with DBZ. Once i watched some anime series, i never went back. Don't you ever feel like it's the same as 30 episode series with 100 filler inbetween?

I suppose it's me being impatient really, i just lost the will to see these through anymore lol.

KodiaX987
Dec 16, 2007, 11:56 PM
Bleach is outsaying its welcome. It's a Japanese soap opera. Billions of characters, retcons, and a series that'll actually never end.

I originally thought it was gonna be the ol' 24-episode Anime. So we have the real world, and we have reapers and everything's all right, some action, some humor, OK, got it. Then Rukia gets kidnapped. So I figure, all right, Ichigo goes there, beats everyone up, rescues the damsel in distress and the whole thing happens in the last three or four episodes.

Holy shit no.

So it wasn't 24 episodes. Perhaps it's 50. No! 52? 60? 70? Oh yay, he FINALLY rescued Rukia. But wait! Something wicked be coming this way! Or rather going away! Wait a minute, why are there vampires now? And why must every fight go on for 2 or 3 episodes now? Do I really need to know every single technique in the book when I know everyone just pulls a desperation move out of their ass at the end and the fight's over?

With every episode, it just gets even more boring. More like a contest about how much padding they gotta do before getting to the damn point. All right, Ichigo and friends run in the desert, BUT NO! They gotta get sucked up in a vortex first and land in some underground forest(!) and seek an escape. Aw crap, another fucking delay in the action. Yeah, yeah, just kill the lesser bastards and move on, come on, stop giving us flashbacks and stock footage everywhere.

Check this out. They're gonna spend 2 episodes per Espada fight. There's... ten Espadas? Twelve? Looks like the guys got their moneymaker covered for a few weeks. Oh, and let's not forget Inoue, who will count for a 4-episode fight all of her own, and that's assuming Aizen doesn't try to escape or otherwise pull a fast one. But we know he will. So add another 10 episodes while he tries to accomplish his cunning plan and summon hordes of nameless enemies which Ichigo has to fight head-on and with honor one at a time.

And then people try to convince me to watch Naruto. Stupid retards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-12-16 20:58 ]</font>

Saner
Dec 17, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-12-16 16:25, NPCMook wrote:

I watched a little of the bounto arc, up until they were at the hospital and they were going against the twins who used bottle caps to control water or whatever, and I pretty much lost hope then.

you lost hope way toooo early. that wasn't even the main events. and you missed a whole treasure trove of a backstory and other twists.

I dunno you people either watched way too much anime or expect too much from them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NPCMook
Dec 17, 2007, 03:50 AM
On 2007-12-16 22:36, Saner wrote:
I dunno you people either watched way too much anime or expect too much from them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Yeah... I do watch a lot out of boredom at work...

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 04:20 AM
I don't understand it. Why am I still watching this anime, let alone Naruto? Nothing happens each episode, and everything that does happen is expected. Everything's the same. Even Claymore and Death Note, which I thought to be original and exciting, ended up being pretty much the same thing after a while. Why has anime become so mediocre?

And yet, I watch, week after week, in hopes something happens. Perhaps this episode will be fulfilling, maybe I'll grow to love the characters more, perhaps this fight will be artistically done. Nope, same boring stuff with the same formula, but I keep watching it.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2007, 07:13 AM
hollow ichigo = awesome

UnderscoreX
Dec 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
I don't know why I love Bleach, but I've read all the manga seen all the episodes and own the PSP and DS games(illegally). Which is weird because i've never liked Naruto, DBZ or any of the other crazy anime that was popular with the kids. Maybe it has something to do with my unhealthy fixation with Rukia.

Saner
Dec 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
nuuuuuu! don't put Bleach in the same category as "Ho hum" Naruto.

at least Bleach has more battles and things going on than Naruto. remember that Naruto spent like a whole year with nothing but fillers. and the anime's bad habit of repeating the same flashbacks over and over quite often is madness.

plus Bleach still holds a lot of mysteries and surprises for the existing casts, we haven't even seen the entire Gotei 13 go Bankai yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Larian
Dec 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
Its okay hun...I get addicted to anime every now and then to the point of obsession!! I was like that with eva...then fishugi yugi...then outlaw star...then love hina....I could go on. Bleach on the other hand...I couldn't get into it. I guess I'm just getting too old. =/

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Dec 17, 2007, 03:30 PM
I sware these guys in Bleach get cut like a thousand times and they dont die...

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-12-17 08:02, Saner wrote:
nuuuuuu! don't put Bleach in the same category as "Ho hum" Naruto.

It is almost as bad as Naruto. It follows the same formula. It seems that most mainstream anime (did I get that term right?) tend to do this. I will admit that now, it is better than Naruto by a fairly noticeable amount, but it's still the same thing.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Dec 17, 2007, 03:40 PM
anime = crappy televised version of manga. I gotta admit the manga got flaws but it is sooo much better then the animated series.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it is rather mainstream..especially now. They've basically been pulling the DBZ card.

Random Arrancar A: Wait till you see me do THIS! Ha! Now MY reiatsu is stronger than yours!

Random hero: Oh? Well wait till you see THIS! Ha! Now MYYYY reiatsu is stronger than yours!!

Biggest example of this is when Ishida was fighting against the Arrancar who could shoot all those needles, then Ishida's response was, "Oh? Well I can shoot over 12,000 (I think?) arrows with my Quincy Bow".

I just slapped my forehead and thought, "Great...it's turning into the typical shonen anime of flexing each other's wangs"

It started off good, but I'm tired of all the "my power level is over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!" scenarios. Which, it's only getting worse as the series progresses.

This is one reason I have come to not like it as much these days, as opposed to when it was still fresh and interesting during the Soul Society arc.

P.S. I'd also like to state..I have yet to see an important/main character die in this series. I believe this is a bit of a turn off as well.

That is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-17 12:47 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
anime = crappy televised version of manga.

That's always the way it is though. When was the last time you saw a movie based on a book you read, and found that the movie was actually better than the book?

DizzyDi
Dec 17, 2007, 07:16 PM
Lord of the Rings.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

RyuRoots
Dec 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
I like Bleach. I would call myself a fan, and I've watched most episodes and read every chapter to date. However, it simply isn't as good as it used to be if you ask me. I mean, it just doesn't have the impact it used to. Like the end of volume 3 where Isshin is all serious for a change, after talking about [spoiler-box]Ichigo's mother's death, he tells him, "Live a good life, Ichigo. Live a good LONG life. Go bald and die after I do. And if you can, die laughing. If you don't, I'll never be able to face her. So stop sulking. You're not old enough for the cool, tortured look."[/spoiler-box]

I loved it since it gave us into a peek at Isshin, the man behind the crazy goofball dad that showed he could be sincere and serious. It was a good moment of character exposition, and the more recent chapters just don't grab me like the old ones did with their surprising moments of exposition and seriousness and at least in my opinion, humor that was actually funny(the last chapter of Ichigo's run-in with Don Kanonji was great, too). Like Kikumaru said, The Arrancar arc is kind of a "OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!" contest at this point. I will say that I think in the manga the Arrancar arc has some VERY notable high points such as [spoiler-box] Ulquiorra beating the crap out of Ichigo[/spoiler-box] and [spoiler-box] Kenpachi one-hit killing Tesla and then going for Nnoitra. God, that was great.[/spoiler-box] , but those aren't too frequent. Like the most recent fight, most of it was just smack talk. And sure, any good fight needs some dialogue and buildup, but not 2 or 3 chapters worth. But all in all, I keep reading since despite the fact that it IS formulatic, I eat it up for the most part since I love the fights and a lot of the characters, although some things (like Dondochakka) don't sit well with me.

The anime, however. Ugh. No, we don't have to sit through years of filler and wait for Bleach: Shippuden, but I'd almost prefer that if it'd mean we could keep this filler **** out of the main storyline. Bounto, Menos Forest, and all the other garbage that's tossed into the story to extend time (like Ishida's energy orb in the tornado -_-). It's all poorly-written rubbish (I'll admit that some of the ACTUAL story bits are too, *points to Dondochakka again* but that's besides the point) and I'd just as soon have all of this garbage over with so we can get to the manga storyline without interruptions from oh so entertaining features as Ririn/Cloud/Nova's distractions (every time I see them, I HOPE TO GOD they'll all die horribly in the episode), or the sand guardian magically NOT dying from Rukia's attack(which never IS explained, if I recall correctly).

The tl;dr version is this; Manga is pretty good for a shonen series, anime is an alright adaptation for awhile, but goes totally to **** when the anime starts making its own additions

NPCMook
Dec 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-12-17 01:20, Zorafim wrote:
I don't understand it. Why am I still watching this anime, let alone Naruto? Nothing happens each episode, and everything that does happen is expected. Everything's the same. Even Claymore and Death Note, which I thought to be original and exciting, ended up being pretty much the same thing after a while. Why has anime become so mediocre?

And yet, I watch, week after week, in hopes something happens. Perhaps this episode will be fulfilling, maybe I'll grow to love the characters more, perhaps this fight will be artistically done. Nope, same boring stuff with the same formula, but I keep watching it.

Well we occasionally get those epic ending that live on with us forever, the Ending to Eva, School Days, Death Note, and Cowboy Bebop. Those are the only ones that REALLY stand out in my mind and blew me away, even though the series was somewhat Mediocre.

Yeah Most Animes are mediocre in story, but sometimes you just get those awesome endings that make it worth sitting through all that mediocrity

DizzyDi
Dec 17, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-12-17 19:15, NPCMook wrote:
Cowboy Bebop.

The ending still makes me emotional to this day.
;~;

Sord
Dec 18, 2007, 01:54 AM
I liked Bleach in the beginning, but it's been dragged out way to long now. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if they kept the same setting, but radically shifted to diffrent characters or something. But you follow the same characters everywhere and it will just turn into that same character getting stronger and strongers to fight progressively harder villains. This is why I tend to stick with animes that have 15-30 eps and that's it, there's an actual ending, and everything is done with.

Solstis
Dec 18, 2007, 02:15 AM
The Naruto manga consistently outshines Bleach every issue, mostly because the fight scenes in the Bleach manga don't make spatial sense.

The Bleach anime trumps the Naruto anime, if just because the latest Naruto episodes are about 90% junk, 10% plot movement. They really need to work on that dramatic pacing.

I just think that it's cool to hate Naruto, though a good chunk of that is deserved.

But... deathnote? I still think that the premise is stupid. OooOOo A book... OF DEATH. Yeah, okay. That's deep. Yeah. Bleach is epic. Maybe stupidly epic, but it does seem a lot deeper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-12-17 23:17 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 18, 2007, 03:42 AM
The original premise of Death Note is pretty lame, but so is that of every other anime. The great stuff is what's done with that premise, including killing off major characters that you just don't expect to die.

Saner
Dec 18, 2007, 11:01 AM
well that's too depressing when they kill off major characters.

I'm glad most of Bleach's cast survive cause it gives them more potential and future roles in the story. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DizzyDi
Dec 18, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-12-17 23:15, Solstis wrote:

But... deathnote? I still think that the premise is stupid. OooOOo A book... OF DEATH.

Well of course it sounds stupid when you simplfy it like that. You can do that with any animu.
Naruto: OOOOH ninjas...WEARING BRIGHT COLORS.
Bleach: OOOH...Ghosts...GHOST SAMURAI.

Deathnote has much better writing, pacing, and storyline overall than any of those continuous Soap Opera ANNIE MAYS.
At the very least each episode of DeathNote has a satisfying conclusion unlike Bleach or Naruto where it takes 10 episodes for anything to get done.

Saner
Dec 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
well Bleach has better pacing than Naruto. and better story.

that's good enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

anyways the power struggle cliche is in fact a good thing cause if battles were always one-sided from the start, there would be not much fun in guessing who will win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KodiaX987
Dec 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
No, it's not. There is a difference between trading blows, and flexing one's muscles for a half-hour.

Samurai Champloo had it right: two foes meet, and the match starts right away. No power level counter, no charge-up move, no bullshit like that. Just people swingin' the sword at each other and getting seriously hurt in the process. The only difference between the two guys is the weapon and their way of tackling the match.

Bleach, happens now and then but more often than not, the deciding factor is Ichigo getting a sudden and unexplained surge of adrenalin and taking down the enemy by brute force. That is, after endless moments of talking and extensively describing each other's moves.

Solstis
Dec 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
But... I like Soap Operas.

SubstanceD
Dec 18, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-12-18 09:16, Saner wrote:
well Bleach has better pacing than Naruto. and better story.

that's good enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

anyways the power struggle cliche is in fact a good thing cause if battles were always one-sided from the start, there would be not much fun in guessing who will win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I agree that the pacing in Bleach is much better than it is in Naruto, this applies both to the manga and the anime. There was a time when I couldn't wait to watch the most recnt episode of Naruto but post time skip the manga seems to be rushing ahead at full speed ( without showing anything truly note worthy ) where as the the anime is dragging along.

Although I haven't seen many Bleach filler episodes, I do get the impression that they are better done than the Naruto ones. More thought seems to be put into them, where the filler epiosodes go and what they are about.

DizzyDi
Dec 18, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-12-18 10:56, KodiaX987 wrote:
No, it's not. There is a difference between trading blows, and flexing one's muscles for a half-hour.

Samurai Champloo had it right: two foes meet, and the match starts right away. No power level counter, no charge-up move, no bullshit like that. Just people swingin' the sword at each other and getting seriously hurt in the process. The only difference between the two guys is the weapon and their way of tackling the match.

Bleach, happens now and then but more often than not, the deciding factor is Ichigo getting a sudden and unexplained surge of adrenalin and taking down the enemy by brute force. That is, after endless moments of talking and extensively describing each other's moves.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 18, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-12-18 08:01, Saner wrote:
well that's too depressing when they kill off major characters.

I'm glad most of Bleach's cast survive cause it gives them more potential and future roles in the story. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It may be depressing for a moment, but come on..I'd rather take a moment of depression over an entire series of watching Superman.

How many times has Ichigo been cut up and left for dead, but woke up later with just a couple of bandages on?

If you just say, "Awww..my favorite character died, this is depressing", then yeah..that would just suck, but someone dying (especially if they played an important role) would add a nice spin to the series, instead of keeping everything mainstream and keeping everyone alive with their "good guy" powers.

I don't think killing someone off is such a bad thing. Especially if they have went through 100 episodes or so. I'd rather them be killed off than stay alive and not really serve a purpose at all except to be another Superman to the group showing that everyone on the good side is invincible.

That gets pretty boring after a while.

Alisha
Dec 19, 2007, 07:15 AM
i liked both the female bounts and they both died in battle =(. one of them tried to rip rukias clothes pff O_o. i love Ririn is her stuffed animal form im glad they kept her around after the bount arc. a new episode RAW should be out today and based on what i already know from the manga i think its gonna be a short but sweet battle for someone besides ichigo.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 19, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-12-19 04:15, Alisha wrote:
i liked both the female bounts and they both died in battle =(. one of them tried to rip rukias clothes pff O_o. i love Ririn is her stuffed animal form im glad they kept her around after the bount arc. a new episode RAW should be out today and based on what i already know from the manga i think its gonna be a short but sweet battle for someone besides ichigo.

Those were also FILLER characters. They can be killed off and it won't change anything at all. The fact that you liked them won't change that. For example:

[spoiler-box]In the most recent filler, when Acid jumped off the edge after saving Rukia and the others, he probably died. Now granted, there's nothing which states that he DID, but..chances are, since he jumped off the edge for no reason at all, yeah..he's probably dead.

But that's fine, cause he was a filler character anyway. He won't have any impact on the story at all[/spoiler-box]

I really don't like any of the Bounto people. I wish they would just go away, since they don't seem to be doing anything at all, honestly. They just throw them into scenes in the anime to make them seem important or funny, when..they're not.

Anytime they are thrown into a fight, they are useless and they just end up dragging out the episode longer than it should, since they weren't even in the manga to begin with. So, as far as I'm concerned..they should be killed off too.

They serve no purpose to the story and they just get in the way. They're annoying.

Also, I'd like to state..I doubt the fight will be short and sweet as you say. This is the anime we're talking about here. The same one which seems to be throwing in pointless talking and extra scenes which weren't included in the manga.

Thoughts on episode 153 below.

[spoiler-box]My guess is..the episode MIGHT stop when Ishida pulls out the vibro-blade. That seems like the most logical point to place, "To be continued" at. After he pulls it out, then says something. There's no way the fight will be "short and sweet". That doesn't exist in the anime, lol.[/spoiler-box]

Other than that..yeah. I still stand by what I said before. We have YET to see someone from the "good guys" team die. It's fine to kill off filler characters, cause they don't change the story at all or play any important role, therefore..killing off the Bounto wouldn't have as much of an effect on the overall story as say, killing off...Rukia.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif