PDA

View Full Version : Planetside

RavenTW
Jan 9, 2003, 10:39 PM
Has anyone ever heard of this game before? It's a promising persistnent-state FPS where three factions per server go all out to basically kill the other two factions. It's like halo, but there's no aliens and you have more vehicles (plus certified people can actually FLY the dropships instead of dropping off of them!)

You can get access to different suits, weps, vehicles, and implants (which temporarily increase a stat or add a skill) by purchasing certificates (which you do by earning certification poiunts). The cool thing is that, if you want, you can switch certificates, losing said suit, wep, vehicle, implant, to gain another. Plus, when you have access to a certain wep or vehicle, you can go to an ammunition area and pack up as much ammo as wanted, or go to a behicle spawn area and get whatever vehicle your certified to use.

Like I said, it's really promising. check over here (http://planetside.station.sony.com/) for more details.

Dangerous55
Jan 10, 2003, 12:12 AM
It looks really freaking cool, but I guess a smokin system and BB is a requirment. Two things I do not have.

X-thirteen
Jan 10, 2003, 01:28 AM
the game looks alright.
my only complaints are that the weapon models are blocky and have ugly textures. and that the hud is ugly (bright blue?! what were they thinking?)