PDA

View Full Version : BBA Help Needed

BiffMcFresh
Jan 9, 2003, 11:22 PM
Hi, I recently got my BBA in the mail yesterday and I've been trying to get it to work but I keep getting this message:

"Connection Error

Please check to ensure that the correct cable is connected to the broadband adapter"

Now I know I have all the correct cables and they are hooked up the right way. I've tried both going through a router and straight from the modem to the BBA, but still I haven't been able to get it to work.

I'm thinking perhaps it could have something to do with my network settings.

Here is how I have the network settings set up:

ISP Provider: Charter Pipeline (Dynamic IP)

Connection settings: DHCP

Line timeout: Do not automatically disconnect

DNS server address: Automatic

Primary DNS: (left blank)

Secondary DNS: (left blank)

DHCP Hostname: Not set

Proxy server address: (left blank)

Proxy port number: (left blank)

I've tried entering the hostname,and DNS numbers manually as well, but that didn't work either.

I'm lost as to what to do, especially because of the error message I'm getting, its as if my BBA isn't even recognizing that I have a Cat5 cord plugged into it.

Another thing I think it could be (and hopefully this isn't the case) is that my BBA is broken in someway.

BiffMcFresh
Jan 10, 2003, 01:03 AM
Could the Cat5 cable I'm using be causing this problem?

BiffMcFresh
Jan 10, 2003, 03:18 AM
I tryed another Cat5 cable that my dad made and it works just fine. So problem solved. Hooray! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

bluefall
Jan 13, 2003, 06:26 PM
man, all u have to do is take the ethernet cabble from the back of your comp and plug it into your GC. Then u unplug the Cable-modem's power supply so that the cable modem can recognize the GC. Count to 20 before u plug it back in. Then count to.... 13 and try to conect. If this doesn't work u got yourself a more complex problem.

bluefall
Jan 13, 2003, 06:28 PM
where did u oreder ur bba from???? i ordered mine from buyritegames.com and it still hasn't arrived. i ordered 3-day shipping on tuesday and its now monday.... no BBA! Almost a week later i still dont have it. im pissed.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 17, 2003, 01:54 AM
buyritegames.com isn't a good place to order things from thier bba prices as well as modem O_O got dang did any one catch the price on the modem adapter i got mine from store.nintendo.com and used ground and still got it i bet if you were to order from nintendo with 2 day you would have been online with pso by now