PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted > Tomb Raider any questions?

eXo
Dec 18, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well i have finally cracked the seal on Uncharted:Drakes Treasure. I am a big fan of the first 3 Tomb raiders however after playing a few hours of uncharted in my opinion it has a better fundation to surpass the TR franchise.

ngagerebel
Dec 19, 2007, 12:56 AM
uncharted? is that a new one i havent heard about?

kurisu1974
Dec 19, 2007, 06:18 AM
I downloaded the demo and must say it look stunning and all, but the first guy I encounter, kills me. TWICE. Didn't even see where he was, lol. No, sir, I don't like this game one bit. I liked Tomb Raider better, but that's just my opinion.

Kent
Dec 19, 2007, 07:52 AM
...All of the Tomb Raider games with the tank controls for Lara were pretty bad, simply due to how the games were made to be intentionally clunky.

Kinda like how absolutely horrible the Armored Core games were - almost unplayable, due to the user interfacing.

ngagerebel
Dec 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
That true but once you overcome the obstacle of the user interfacing, you fal inlove with the game...

eXo
Dec 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-12-19 03:18, kurisu1974 wrote:
I downloaded the demo and must say it look stunning and all, but the first guy I encounter, kills me. TWICE. Didn't even see where he was, lol. No, sir, I don't like this game one bit. I liked Tomb Raider better, but that's just my opinion.

Yea the same thing happened to me the first 1 or two times but then after that its awesome.

eXo
Dec 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-12-19 04:52, Kent wrote:
...All of the Tomb Raider games with the tank controls for Lara were pretty bad, simply due to how the games were made to be intentionally clunky.

Kinda like how absolutely horrible the Armored Core games were - almost unplayable, due to the user interfacing.

I agree with you 100%

Sexy_Raine
Dec 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
I still wanna play this game. Just like the Jak games, I heard this is an unlockable "mirrored" version of playing through the game.

Kylie
Dec 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
Lara makes the TR series for me, so I doubt I'll try this one. Sorry to down the topic, it looks like a fun game, but I'm pretty loyal to my series, get used to characters, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2007-12-20 13:50 ]</font>

eXo
Dec 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
it's nothing wrong with being loyal to angelina oooops.... i mean lara croft.

Subestimado
Dec 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
The demo doesnt do this game justice....

The production value, voice acting, graphics and music are incredible.

also the cutscenes on the game ar motion capture, which makes for an incredible fluid and realistic animation from the characters.

IMO Game of The Year (of course I know its not going to win it....has to many things against it, like being a exclusive on the so much hated PS3)

Say what you will about the PS3, but Uncharted isn't just a standout for Sony -- it's a standout for gaming as a whole -Greg Miller

eXo
Dec 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-12-20 17:55, Subestimado wrote:
The demo doesnt do this game justice....

The production value, voice acting, graphics and music are incredible.

also the cutscenes on the game ar motion capture, which makes for an incredible fluid and realistic animation from the characters.

IMO Game of The Year (of course I know its not going to win it....has to many things against it, like being a exclusive on the so much hated PS3)

Say what you will about the PS3, but Uncharted isn't just a standout for Sony -- it's a standout for gaming as a whole -Greg Miller

I agree with you on this the cutscenes are so beautiful,I constantly find myself struggling to determine actual gameplay vs cutscenes, until i die and then im like OMG i better sit up =)

Kylie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-12-20 14:58, eXo wrote:

To be fair, I do admire Angelina as an actress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But that's not why I like Lara, nor is it because I think she's hot. >_>; In fact, I don't; I'm a heterosexual female tyvm. But I guess the feminist inside of me likes playing such a kick ass woman in a game for once.

amtalx
Dec 21, 2007, 02:21 PM
I guess everyone would ask for a refund on my 2 cents if I said both Uncharted an TR aren't that great...

eXo
Dec 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-12-21 10:48, Lorelei wrote:

On 2007-12-20 14:58, eXo wrote:

To be fair, I do admire Angelina as an actress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But that's not why I like Lara, nor is it because I think she's hot. >_>; In fact, I don't; I'm a heterosexual female tyvm. But I guess the feminist inside of me likes playing such a kick ass woman in a game for once.

lol riight on girl power excellent !!!

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-12-21 11:21, amtalx wrote:
I guess everyone would ask for a refund on my 2 cents if I said both Uncharted an TR aren't that great...

Internet slap!

Anyway, I guess I'm a little sexist, but I enjoy games about 10x more if the lead character is female. I'll make exceptions for RE and SH, but yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif