PDA

View Full Version : What Gaming Generation are you from?

eXo
Dec 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
Please allow me to elaborate a little bit on exactly what im asking. Im speaking in terms of the first time that you picked up a console controller, and got you game on.

Im not 100% sure however i believe that i am classified as a second generation gamer, because my first system was called a Coleco Vision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

and the first game that i ever purchased was called Mouse Trap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Trap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Trap

Those where the good old days, anyway with that being said what gaming generation are you from?

Angelo
Dec 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
According to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28third_generation %29

I started gaming at the age of 3 in the Third Generation. I've also heard it called the "Silver Age" of Gaming.

eXo
Dec 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
woot nice link !

Randomness
Dec 18, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yep, third gen here as well. Though, I ended up playing somewhat late in the third gen, never got a 4th gen system, and then got 5th gen.

PhotonDrop
Dec 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
Third gen, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Tetris.(best Christmas ever)

Sord
Dec 18, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-12-18 15:51, PhotonDrop wrote:
Third gen, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Scrub
Dec 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
I dont really know how to classify myself.

Back when I was 2-5 I used to play my mom and dad's gaming system a lot. It was an old atari, or colecovision, or something, I cant remember. I DO remember playing Pitfall like a motherfucker, however. I often played my friends' NES' and shit like that, as well. It was something to do, but it wasnt really the focus of my entertainment, as I'd have rather been outside playing

When I was 5, I got my first system for myself, Sega Genesis. I started spending as much time playing it as I did outside playing football and soccer and whatnot, and times were good.

When i was 8, I moved in with my grandparents. Not knowing anyone, and living on a highway, I spent a lot of time with my Sega, and eventually my N64. I would go outside to play by myself(;_;) occasionally, but not often.

Cut to me nowadays. I only step outside to go somewhere, and I'm in my house playing video games at all other times. Been that way for a long time now.

I don't know how to 'classify' myself. Born in 88 if that helps, so around 1990 is when I was first using that good ole joystick.

Zelutos
Dec 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
I played my brothers NES when I was a kid. I played mostly Mario on it.

Then I had a Sega Genesis.

But MY first console was the N64, that I bought after playing LoZ: Ocarina of Time at a friends house.

Anduril
Dec 18, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm kind in the 3rd gen 4th gen limbo. I got a hold of both the NES and SNES at the same time when I was little. OF course I guess I would be 4th gen because by that time the NES was all but obsolete.

Sinue_v2
Dec 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
First Generation. Probably actually the Second Generation, but I started on a First Gen system - the Sears 6-in-1 home video game system - in which every game were all basically variants on Pong/Breakout. It didn't have controllers. Instead, it had a VERY long AV cord and you held the console in your lap. It had a knob on the top and two buttons on the sides. We quickly moved up to a TI99/4A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI_99/4A) partially for the games, and partially for the ability to program on it (using a tape cassette recorder).

A few years later we moved up to a Sega Master System - and it was here that I really became a gamer. Not on consoles, but on my Gateway 386DX PC with This Game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Quest_IV)

I still played consoles, of course, but the PC was far more accessable for me - especially as a kid with no source of income. I could simply hop on a local BBS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBS) and download both freeware and full versions of games. (in a day or two for a 10Mb game - lol 2400baud) Not to mention online multiplayer games like Legend of the Red Dragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Red_Dragon).

xeku
Dec 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
I fall somewhere in between the first and second gen, based on Wiki's time line.
I started with the pong home unit in the late 70's, though spent most of my early gaming years with arcade machines (Pong was my parent's "toy").
My brother and I were given an Atari 2600 circa 1980..
Still have the Pong console.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
Whichever generation to which the Intellivision belongs. That controller was ass, even in its prime.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 18, 2007, 09:23 PM
I'm from the third generation as well. Starting my gaming life, at the age of four, with the very first Final Fantasy game released on the NES stateside, followed by playing some Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda, I moved on shortly after to the SNES, 32X, Sega Genesis and the Sega CD, stepping into the Fourth Generation of gaming.

After playing a few known titles such as Streets of Rage, Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (I think?), and Sonic the Hedgehog, I moved over to some titles for the Sega CD, such as: Sonic CD, Samurai Showdown, Ecco the Dolphin, Sewer Shark (which actually came with the Sega CD), and Lunar.

I played a few memorable titles on the SNES as well, such as: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy II (as it was called in the States), Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, Gemfire, and lastly..Out of this World.

Before long, I had found myself in the Fifth Generation of gaming playing multiple systems such as the Sega Saturn, the Sony Playstation, and the Nintendo 64.

From the Sega Saturn, I remember playing games such as: Nights, Sonic R, Albert Odyssey, Dragon Force, and Fighters Megamix. From the Sony Playstation, that's where I encountered Final Fantasy VII picking it up without a second thought even though the last one I played was III on the SNES, lol. I also played such games as Street Fighter EX: Alpha, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Rival Schools.

I then played a few games on the 64. I wasn't too much of a fan of it, honestly. More of a Playstation kind of guy, I guess. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the titles such as: Quest 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Castlevania (the first one), and Goldeneye.

The Sixth Generation finally approached and I was certainly more than ready for it. I bought a Playstation 2 on launch date, then found an old Dreamcast being sold about a year later, picking it up, then decided to get a Gamecube, and an XBOX was given to me as a Christmas present.

The Playstation 2 has some really great titles which I have thoroughly enjoyed, such as: Steambot Chronicles, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Melty Blood, Ryu Ga Gotoku (known as, "Yakuza" in the States), Sengoku Basara (known as, "Devil Kings" in the States), and .hack//G.U. . Those are just to name a few, anyway.

I'm still enjoying my PS2 to this day, but..on the Dreamcast, there were also a few titles I enjoyed playing, like: Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Record of Lodoss War, and Project Justice (the sequel to Rival Schools for the Playstation)

As for the XBOX..well..I didn't ask for it for Christmas, so I didn't get much out of it. The only games I really enjoyed on that were: Shenmue II (as far as I know of, the sequel never made it stateside for the Dreamcast since the console was dead by then), Phantasy Star Online, Dead or Alive 3, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 (I liked being able to listen to my own music, but..I still prefer the PS2 version for controls)

The Gamecube was another hit-and-miss for me. I didn't get much enjoyment out of it, honestly. This was mainly due to the controller. However..I did still enjoy: Resident Evil 4, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Skies of Arcadia (which I could've played on Dreamcast anyway). I have Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, but I'm still hesitant about playing it, despite being a Tales fan, cause of the controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Last, but not least..we have our current generation. The Seventh Generation. I haven't exactly set foot into this one entirely yet. I bought a PSP for my birthday last year, but that was a small step compared to getting on the Seventh Generation consoles.

Some of the games I enjoy on my PSP are: DJ Max Portable (1 or 2), Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Fate/Stay Night: Tiger Coliseum, and Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki.

This Christmas Eve, I'll be stepping right into the Seventh Generation of gaming by getting a Playstation 3. I didn't want one at launch date because of the price, naturally..but another reason was because, seeing as I've been gaming for nearly 20 years (come 2009), the change from what I've grown up to playing to the PS2 games I'm used to playing today to PS3 graphics intimidated me a little, lol.

It seemed like such a BIG jump. I didn't know if I was ready for it, but this year..I decided, "If I want to continue gaming like I always have, I'll have to make that jump", so..in six days, I'll have my PS3 and we'll see what is in store for us in the next generation of video gaming.

Well, sorry for the long post, but I just felt like sharing how I've made it from point A to point B http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Monochrome
Dec 18, 2007, 10:01 PM
According to the previous posts, I would be 3rd generation. The first game I ever played was Duck Hunt. My first games were Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt combo and Legend of Zelda.

kizu
Dec 18, 2007, 10:03 PM
well, im a sixth gen and up gamer. I played 5th gen systems but at that time, my parents decided they wanted me to read and not play games. My first owned system was a GBA although I played Dreamcast and N64 alot at my friend's house. Man, majora's mask was a great game. After that, i got an SP because my parents hated me "straining my eyes". Oh well, it was free and was helpful for dark nights.
Anyway, a few months later, i got a GC and that served me for several years. Smashbros, Star fox assult, PSO, and others all were great to me. Next system was a DS which i have very few games for but love the ones i have. Right now i have Mario Kart DS, Advance wars DS, Pearl, and ACWW. I also decided to get a micro to kill some time in school and replace my failing SP.
My newest additon to my small collection is a 360. I thought about wii but decided it just lacked games at that time.I might buy a wii if i can actually find one for 250 instead of good old 400+ on Amazon or Ebay. Back to 360, at the moment, i have oblivion, halo 3, star wars battlefront 2, PSU, and a bunch of arcade games like Galaga. I'm debating about guitar hero 3, call of duty 4, mass effect, and assassians creed but until i repay my 360 debts, i can't get any of them.
For some reason, I never really liked the PlayStation line, they just seemed to lack games that Nintedo and Microsoft had. The PSP looks nice but with the DS, I just don't feel the need to get it. PS3 looks like a huge rip off since it seems that it has no good games.

DizzyDi
Dec 18, 2007, 11:31 PM
3rd gen. First game I remember playing is Master Blaster.

ngagerebel
Dec 18, 2007, 11:59 PM
If my first was a commador64 would that make me like an ancient? lol i started playing games when I was young

Turambar
Dec 19, 2007, 12:38 AM
I would be 3rd gen as well. Kirby was <3....

Broodstar1337
Dec 19, 2007, 01:00 AM
4th gen was when I really started playing games. Played the shit out of Super Mario World.

Blitzkommando
Dec 19, 2007, 01:11 AM
I started on Wolfenstein 3D, Sim City 2000, and Math Blaster. So, wherever that is.

Rubius-sama
Dec 19, 2007, 01:23 AM
Third-gen here. My first console was the NES with Super Mario Bros. 3 package.

http://www.computerverzameling.nl/picbig/item6-c.jpg

It was called the "Challenge Set"

Tetsaru
Dec 19, 2007, 03:13 AM
I guess I'd be mostly 4th-gen. I played a few NES games in my infancy as a gamer, but I grew up on Sonic and Sega games. Then I heard about the N64, lol... been a Nintendo loyalist ever since. Sega still makes some good games, though; I'm playing PSU and posting on this forum, aren't I? :3

kurisu1974
Dec 19, 2007, 06:24 AM
Also third generation. Started on the Sega MasterSystem with the games Ninja and Shinobi ^_^

Alisha
Dec 19, 2007, 07:18 AM
i guess im third generation too. my first 2 games were teenage mutant ninja turtles and r.c. pro am.

ulyoth
Dec 19, 2007, 07:33 AM
Im a fourth generation gamer, started with a megadrive and Sonic 2, then a few years later was given the choice one christmas between the N64 and the PS1, which was an extremely easy one to make. Which is when it become more of a hobby (if you can call it that) than a quick diversion.

On 2007-12-18 18:23, Kikumaru wrote:
The Gamecube was another hit-and-miss for me. I didn't get much enjoyment out of it, honestly. This was mainly due to the controller. However..I did still enjoy: Resident Evil 4, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Skies of Arcadia (which I could've played on Dreamcast anyway). I have Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, but I'm still hesitant about playing it, despite being a Tales fan, cause of the controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I personally cannot stand the Playstation controller, and still regard the Gamecube as the best console ive ever owned. Mainly because of the controller.

amtalx
Dec 19, 2007, 08:00 AM
@ulyoth: ACK!! The only controller I've used that was worse than GC is my Jaguar. If anyone owns a Jaguar...you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I started with PC games, but the first console I played was an NES.

Rashiid
Dec 19, 2007, 08:36 AM
4th here. Sonic on Genesis was my 1st. Then N64 with SSB. Then after my dad got Halo for the xbox, that's when I started to become a huge gamer....

Eihwaz
Dec 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
I always feel like I'm a latecomer to any given gaming "generation"...

I started with a GameBoy Color back in the heyday of Pokemon Red and Blue. That held me over for quite a while. I finally got an N64 right when the GameCube had first been introduced. I finally got one of those around the time Super Mario Sunshine came out. A few years later, I got an Xbox, and only a few weeks ago, a friend got me a PS2. It was literally only a few days ago that I started playing my first PS2 games.

So, I'd say I'm a child of the fifth and sixth generation. I have only slightly dipped my toes into the seventh generation (I got a DS for my birthday last year), but I plan on getting a Wii and a 360 at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-12-22 13:19 ]</font>

SabZero
Dec 19, 2007, 09:48 AM
Second to video game crash generation. Started with the white square on the TV (tennis?), also had a gun.

Then Commodore64/128, Amiga, Pc, Dreamcast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Never was much of a console person, PC ftw. Actually, Amiga is dead, long live Amiga ;_;

Shadowpawn
Dec 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
3rd gen, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt was my first game. The NES was my first console.

Neith
Dec 19, 2007, 10:45 AM
Fourth gen for consoles, started on a Mega Drive (Genesis for you Americans).

I first started playing on an Amiga A500 though, so yeah.

AlexCraig
Dec 19, 2007, 11:12 AM
First two systems I played were GameBoy and Super Nintendo (and I still have my SNES in great working condition).

SubstanceD
Dec 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
I'm a 3rd generation gamer as well. My first console was a NES and the first game that I really got into was Super Mario Bros. I had played video games before that ( my friend owned an Atari 2600 ) and I remember playing Pac Man on a friend's Amstrad back in 1984 ( or was it 1985 ) but I never really got anything out of gaming untill the NES came along, the only reason why I played these games/machines was because my friends wanted to show them off.

eXo
Dec 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-12-19 05:00, amtalx wrote:
@ulyoth: ACK!! The only controller I've used that was worse than GC is my Jaguar. If anyone owns a Jaguar...you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I started with PC games, but the first console I played was an NES.

I still own a jaguar,Kasumi Ninja and the rest.
IMO the atari Jaguar had one of the best turn on screens in gaming history next to DING ..SEEEEEGAAAAAA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2007-12-19 10:53 ]</font>

joluh
Dec 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Third Generation indeed.

Wyndham
Dec 19, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-12-19 07:17, Shadowpawn wrote:
3rd gen, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt was my first game. The NES was my first console.

same here.
I got my second system ( a Genesis) when I turned 4.

Sharkyland
Dec 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
3rd generation of gaming...
First game played: Super Mario Brothers
First game bought: Little Nemo the Dream Master (f---ing train stage)
Next game console bought: Genesis (w/ Streets of Rage)

ulyoth
Dec 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-12-19 13:21, Kikumaru wrote:

On 2007-12-19 04:33, ulyoth wrote:

I personally cannot stand the Playstation controller, and still regard the Gamecube as the best console ive ever owned. Mainly because of the controller.

Let's not turn this into a console war here, lol. I was merely stating that I didn't like the controller in regards to the games I like playing. No need to go out of your way and reply back to something like that, despite already answering the opening post.

Thank you for playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Ya know..now that I think about it...why wasn't there a poll added for something like this? We have a LOT of Third Generation players, it seems. I'd like to see how they fare against the others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-19 13:22 ]</font>

Heh i never meant it to be, i did say personally. i only mentioned it because i do wish i could use it more.
Id like to see that too, you do get alot of elitism is gaming, with people thinking because they have played longer than others they are better. My sister for example kicks my arse at Super Smash Bros Melee.

Ketchup345
Dec 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
Third/Fourth. I had a Nintnedo, but I really started heavily on the Genesis. I started off as mostly platformers, Mari, Sonic, etc. Did play some Coleco I think though.

BlaizeYES
Dec 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-12-18 22:11, Norvekh wrote:
I started on Wolfenstein 3D, Sim City 2000, and Math Blaster. So, wherever that is.

lol

god, i loved math blaster. i cannot believe someone said that. i played super nintendo more than anything, i remember being a kid and feeling like i had to beat super mario world before soccer practice.

ngagerebel
Dec 19, 2007, 08:28 PM
lol, C64 all the way!!!! Lazy Jones!!!! I did how ever love Jaguar64

Firocket1690
Dec 19, 2007, 09:47 PM
Ehhh.... 3.5 ?

I had a gameboy since forever ago.

Bothered friends' for their SNES and Super Mario World whenever possible.

Mother's (then) boyfriend gave me a Sega Genesis, which I've probably had for less than a year before she threw it away.

My first real console was the N64, which I got in 96 or 97. Best Christmas Ever.

eXo
Dec 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-12-19 18:47, Firocket1690 wrote:
Ehhh.... 3.5 ?

Mother's (then) boyfriend gave me a Sega Genesis, which I've probably had for less than a year before she threw it away.

Wow that really sucks I would have filed for a parental devoice....

My first real console was the N64, which I got in 96 or 97. Best Christmas Ever.

This was a noble gesture however, I would have requested a few games to make up for my genesis.

Firocket1690
Dec 19, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-12-19 18:57, eXo wrote:

On 2007-12-19 18:47, Firocket1690 wrote:
Ehhh.... 3.5 ?

Wow that really sucks I would have filed for a parental devoice....

This was a noble gesture however, I would have requested a few games to make up for my genesis.

Did you mean divorce (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=ppB&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=divorce&spell=1) ?

'cause they were divorced shortly before that. hence, mother's then boyfriend.

N64 was given from my father. Back then, I only needed Starfox64, and Super Mario 64 to be happy.

I'm still convinced that those were the best years of gaming ever. Rare (BanjoKazooie, DK64, Goldeneye) was with Nintendo, Pokemon Stadium looked amazing, and it was still possible to catch all the little bastards.

I'd like to mention Legend of Zeldas' Oracle games, but those two came out in 2001.

Blitzkommando
Dec 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-12-19 15:56, BlaizeYES wrote:

On 2007-12-18 22:11, Norvekh wrote:

lol

god, i loved math blaster. i cannot believe someone said that. i played super nintendo more than anything, i remember being a kid and feeling like i had to beat super mario world before soccer practice.

Math Blaster was the best educational game ever made. Ever. On the flip side, Mario is Missing was the most disappointing title ever.

eXo
Dec 20, 2007, 01:43 AM
lol @ wolfinstein thats a classic =)

Tigerram
Dec 20, 2007, 02:00 AM
2nd generation for me...the Atari 2600, and my first game I ever had was Pole Position. That was quite a very awesome Christmas. I believe I was in 4th or 5th grade, I can't quite remember. I mastered that game since it was the only game I had for awhile. That's until my cousin had a butt load of games for the 2600 he didn't need or want anymore, such games as Mega Mania, Star Wars, Haunted House, Football, E.T., Pong, and a few others.

Needless to say, my adiction to video games started to grow immensely. I used to like to play outside just as much, but I can say I played more games then than I do now. Games were simpler and more fun back in the old days. But yeah, I started pretty early, lol.

Midicronica
Dec 20, 2007, 02:18 AM
4th Generation kid here.

BigGoldRobot
Dec 20, 2007, 12:36 PM
4th gen

SNES I got for christmas in '93 ~ then came the Playstation ~ N64 was next ~ Dreamcast is still the best thing to happen in life ~ waited in line on launch for a Gamecube ~ flirted with halo on the Xbox ~ gt4 convinced me to trade in the 'box for a PS2

super mario world, gran turismo, shenmue, jet grind radio, perfect dark, link to the past, sonic adventure, ff7/8/9, metal gear solid, lunar silver star story/eternal blue, wild arms, super bomberman 2, mario kart, fable, colony wars, ARMORED CORE(!), so many good memories...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigGoldRobot on 2007-12-20 09:45 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Dec 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
I would say 3rd, as I've played SMB/Duck hunt on the NES, though I had played a small amount of Atari games. Yeah, I'm pretty old. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kylie
Dec 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
I started out on Super Mario Brothers, Metroid, and Link. Then I moved on to Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters, and Mega Man with SNES. Then I got into Resident Evil, 007 Games, Final Fantasy, and Tomb Raider with PS1 and N64. I mostly play PS2 games now, but that will change once I get a PS3 and some games for it... So I guess I change with the times? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 20, 2007, 05:29 PM
Third-generation gamer. Started on a shitload of Atari 2600 and/or 7800 games long before I could even remember, and still had occasional old-school Atari cravings even when I had NES. Mario was so awesome back then I'd watch those stupidass cartoons...

ShinMaruku
Dec 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
Third. Jump man (Aka Mario)

Noblewine
Dec 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
Around the NES-N64, for the GB-DS Lite. It was kirby and Mario for me then later on Metroid.

Nai_Calus
Dec 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
Depends on whether we count when/with what you started on, or the first thing you owned.

Oldest memory of gaming involves this stand-alone table thing with Pac-Man from god knows when. After that, Oregon Trail on an Apple IIe at school, and Super Mario Bros. on grandpa's NES. Then Sonic the Hedgehog on a friend's Genesis... Then a gap of several years when we moved around too damned much, and then I found emulators and ROMs and caught up on the SNES and some NES stuff I missed.

Now mind you, the gap was filled with the joys of Myst and Riven, so I wasn't totally gameless.

First system I owned was a PSX, though. Then a GBA, now I've got a PS2, GC, Wii and DS.

Shockingly, I've never owned a DC or played anything on one except for a few hours of DC PSO.

So yeah, all over the place.

Most of my favourite games are from the 16-bit era, though.

Aviva
Dec 22, 2007, 06:36 PM
i am not even old enough be be older that 3 gen

NES was my first....then i snowballed lol getting the classic game boy a few months later....mind you the NES came out in 85 and i wasnt born until 86 LOL
i got it at like 4 or 5....then got an SNES the year after....then Sega Gen...and Sega Saturn...continuing lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviva on 2007-12-22 15:48 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 25, 2007, 04:47 AM
Atari 2600 was my first system, and i've still got it with about 40+ games.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 25, 2007, 05:42 AM
Technically I'm suppose to be 4th generation, but I'm 3rd generation.

eXo
Dec 26, 2007, 07:12 PM
What generation would the virtual boy be considered part of?

Spacepest
Dec 27, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hmm, not sure what generation I'd fall under, but it would be very, very early.

One of my earliest memories as a child was to standing on a bar stool to play PacMan, Space Invaders, Qbert, etc. This was in an arcade because there were no home systems available for play yet.

Our first home systems were Atari, Collecovision, and some computer that my military uncle brought home from his base that had some really cheesy games on it (many were similar to Pong, Space Invaders, Asteriod, and the like, plus text based RPGish types of games).

Systems I've had in the order I bought them in: Atari>Colleco>Nes/Sega Mastersystem> Super NES/Genesis/Turbographix 16>Sega Saturn/N64/PS1>The oh So Godly Sega Dreamcast>PS2/Gamecube/Xbox>gaming PC.
Somewhere in there I got a Gameboy (old black and white one the size of frigging brick) and a Game Boy Advance, both which only get played while I'm on vacation...i.e. when I'm on a bus, train, plane, or being carpooled somewhere.

I'm not sure yet about this current generation of game consoles, as I now have a PC that can run alot of games on it. I might consider getting a Wii when it becomes cheaper and has more than 3 games I want to play on it. I'm still up in the air about the new Xbox360 and PS3 though (And Xbox360 only after the majority of the bugs get worked out. Every person I know IRL who has bought a 360 has had it break on them a few months later). And if I ended up travelling for work again, I'd definately want a DS. But for now, alot of the games that I want on these systems end up getting a PC version that I can play. And games like World of Warcraft don't usually end up on consoles.

(Hahah, now that I think about it I'm in my 30's, could this possibly make me a first gen player?! XD )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-12-26 23:50 ]</font>

Dragwind
Dec 29, 2007, 04:14 AM
Thrid Generation for me. First controller I touched was a NES controller, and Super Mario Bros with good ol pops. My life truly began that day... XD.

UnderscoreX
Dec 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
Sega Master System was my first it hurt, but I wasn't really that into games until I got my Snes/Genesis and met Sonic and Mario.

eXo
Jan 1, 2008, 02:31 AM
I agree with almost everything except that yea PS3 started off with an very lack luster line up but as of late games like, uncharted,R&C ,UT3, and im sure that im missing something atm but factor in those and imo PS3 is on pace for the best early 08 line-up.

RavenTW
Jan 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Fourth gen. My first system was a Turbo Grafx 16 with only 4 games (Bloody Wolf being my favorite). Later, my parents bought my two Game Boys and I fell in love with my first franchise, Metroid (I took me an hour to figure out I could shoot down when playing Metroid 2).

I've played some of the earlier generation videogames, but I didn't really get into it until the fourth gen.

eXo
Jan 5, 2008, 12:19 PM
What generation would cellphone games be considered/

hellojo
Jan 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
I guess I'm an early fourth generation gamer since my first console ever was the Sega Genesis. :3

I loved playing Animaniacs. X3

jayster
Jan 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
I started playing games with the nintendo / game boy( old fashion big grey one)

eXo
Jan 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
On 2008-01-11 08:32, hellojo wrote:
I guess I'm an early fourth generation gamer since my first console ever was the Sega Genesis. :3

Yea that was a fun game and welcome to the PSOWORLD community =)

hellojo
Jan 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
On 2008-01-11 11:42, eXo wrote:

On 2008-01-11 08:32, hellojo wrote:

Yea that was a fun game and welcome to the PSOWORLD community =)

thank you very much! :D