PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favorite PS Game?

VertigoZero
Dec 19, 2007, 03:16 AM
Just wondering what other phantasy star games ppl like. My favorite is phantasy star IV.

AnamanaAU
Dec 19, 2007, 03:45 AM
PSU, I'd love to play PS1 & 2 in generations flavour, but I couldn't go back and play them as they are on MS/Gen, it's too dated to hold my attention these days.

Weeaboolits
Dec 19, 2007, 03:47 AM
PSO, PSU, and PSIV not named in any particular order, though PSU is holding my attention the most.

Laranas
Dec 19, 2007, 08:26 AM
Even though I spent 15,000+ hours on PSO (estimated, probably around 17,000 if I was able to count characters deleted because of NOL) I still hold PS2 as my favorite.

joluh
Dec 19, 2007, 08:29 AM
On 2007-12-19 05:26, Laranas wrote:
Even though I spent 15,000+ hours on PSO (estimated, probably around 17,000 if I was able to count characters deleted because of NOL) I still hold PS2 as my favorite.

Yeah, one year later and I have the feeling that PSU is finally getting close to PSO's days of glory.

SonKevin
Dec 19, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-12-19 00:45, JubeiSaotome wrote:
PSU, I'd love to play PS1 & 2 in generations flavour, but I couldn't go back and play them as they are on MS/Gen, it's too dated to hold my attention these days.

Exactly what I think.

Xencia
Dec 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
It's tough,I was introduced to PS by PS3. Seemed like a great game and the generation system was a fun way to make it replayable. I'd have to say PS4 though because of seeing your characters attack,great battle themes,good characters(Alys totally shoulda been the main),vehicle combat,the story and comic-style cut scenes,and the great combo attacks. PSU/PSO are so different from the rest you can't really put them together in the same catagory,they're not true MMOs but not story centric RPGs either.

Angelo
Dec 19, 2007, 09:15 AM
I had an insane amount of hours on PSO, around +2500. To be honest I believe most people who hold PSO higher than PSU do it for the sake of nostalgia. In that sense PSO definitely gives me a warmer, familiar feeling more than any other game in the world. All the flaws of PSU are simply on Sega's behalf and not the game itself (Holding back content on the disc, haxeta, etc.).

As for the Phantasy Star games, I have to say that in terms of gameplay it's not really my ideal RPG. It's not all that fun to play, but I love the story that revolves around the games. I think the "lore" of the PS games is awesome and enjoy how (translation errors aside) they are canon and sequencial to eachother (something games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest don't do).

All and all I'd rather just say that I love the Phantasy Star series as a whole than have to pick and choose which ones I like best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-12-19 06:21 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
PSU followed closely by PS IV.

Greaus
Dec 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
Personally I like PSII, PSU, PSO in that order.

Eclipse9
Dec 19, 2007, 11:50 AM
psu is finially starting to improve, but it's still nowhere near the greatness that was PSO ep I and II on the cube. It's been a rough year, but the future looks bright. redo this poll in a year, and unless sega really screws up my vote will likely be different.

darkante
Dec 19, 2007, 01:01 PM
Would say PSO cause of all the fun memories and nostalgic feeling it gives.
Also because there you feelt really overpowered offline with your force. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Broodstar1337
Dec 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
Since I never played anything else, PSU.

chibiLegolas
Dec 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
PSO hands down!
I love action rpg's the most. And PSO's got a special place in my heart.

I've tried PSII and felt like I wanted to tear my hair out cause of the insane dungeon levels during end game boards.
PSIII is only memorable to me cause of the opening song.

Jakosifer
Dec 19, 2007, 01:23 PM
PSU followed by PS4 (<3 Rika >.>)

Spent more hours on PSU of course but...meh.

zemog
Dec 19, 2007, 01:38 PM
Phantasy Star IV(7)

Got me the most excited as a kid, and had an incredible presentation for it's time. It's storyboard cutscenes paved the way for the full FMV's of the next gen.

doubleEXP
Dec 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-12-19 08:50, Eclipse9 wrote:
psu is finially starting to improve, but it's still nowhere near the greatness that was PSO ep I and II on the cube. It's been a rough year, but the future looks bright. redo this poll in a year, and unless sega really screws up my vote will likely be different.

I feel pretty much the same way as Eclipse9.

Ask me in a year and I'll probably say PSU, if things keep on the track they are now.

However, to be fair, at this point I would have to say PSO. I have never spent more time playing and enjoying a game ~ offline or online ~ than PSO. From my very first online PSO game, back in Late January 2001 on Dreamcast, to the golden days on GC (JP & NA versions), even on to the early days of BB. Just a ton of good times, especially on DC and GC. That's where the character of Platinum the Hunewearl was 'born'... and I've been playing that character ever since, right into PSU.

joluh
Dec 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-12-19 10:01, darkante wrote:
Also because there you feelt really overpowered offline with your force. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You can be overpowered on PSU as well.

Noblewine
Dec 19, 2007, 02:18 PM
PSU it's fun and it still has a couple of challenges after the updates.

VanHalen
Dec 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
PSU, PSO, and PS IV for me. Mainly PSU since I haven't been able to really play any other videogames after purchasing it.

darkante
Dec 19, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-12-19 11:15, joluh wrote:

On 2007-12-19 10:01, darkante wrote:

You can be overpowered on PSU as well.

True, but in PSO.
You really felt you had the power.
Where Jellen and deband made a huge difference, between lethal enemies and they becoming absolute wimps.
Rafoie reaches very very far at max lv, Razonde gives an extreme area damaging effect and Rabarta with the constant freezing effect.
You could stun them without caring where the hell you aimed or nuke them into oblivion before even coming in reach. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

In PSU, enemies are wimps by themselves already.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 19, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-12-19 05:26, Laranas wrote:

I find that hard to believe... that's 708 DAYS of play time. I played FFXI almost religiously for two years and ended up with just 3000 hours. I don't leave my games on accumulating time in the timer either, so you can't count that since you weren't playing if you were away. Even if you played it every waking 16 hours a day (I'm assuming 8 for sleep), that means you claim to have played 472.236 days. Puh-lease. My friend and her boyfriend who've been playing FFXI for 2-3 years don't even have 17,000 COMBINED and they play every freaking day.

HFlowen
Dec 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
PSII followed closely by I and IV.

And lol at 0 votes for III.

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-12-19 06:15, Angelo wrote:
I had an insane amount of hours on PSO, around +2500. To be honest I believe most people who hold PSO higher than PSU do it for the sake of nostalgia. In that sense PSO definitely gives me a warmer, familiar feeling more than any other game in the world. All the flaws of PSU are simply on Sega's behalf and not the game itself (Holding back content on the disc, haxeta, etc.).

QFT. PSO has a certian feel to it that PSU does not, but its entirely on me and not the content of the games themselves.

SEGA is seriously lacking as of late, ESPICALLY Sega of America. Spinoffs of games to cash in Money (the new NIGHTs sucks) and little fuck-ups that end up being huge (What the FUCK was a debug mission doing on the public fucking servers? Really? Are you fucking serious?) I can see where they want to slowly release the content, but it pisses me off really how they are doing this. Most games add new content as they go, but PSU decides to just release content they've already finshed.

All the PS games ive played have been good though. I would like to say PSO gives me one of the warmest most nostalgic feelings ever, but id have to give that title to Breath of Fire 3. (Still my favroite RPG ever.)

Esufer
Dec 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
If you don't answer PSII, you're a moron. True story.

Zorafim
Dec 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
Well, the answer depends entirely on a number of situations. If I want to play a traditional old-school RPG, PSIV will be my answer (the older ones, while good in their own right, are just too old to be played enjoyably). If I'm playing with a group of friends, especially those who own PSO themselves (read: none of them), I'll pop in PSO and have a blast playing a co-op RPG. If I'm by myself, and have a day or a few hours to kill, I'll level up my PSU character and try to get some items.

So, if I want to play a traditional RPG, I'll play FFIV. Problem is, I may want to play one of SE's many FF remakes instead.
If I want to play a co-op RPG, I'll play PSO. Problem is, we may want to play a more casual game.
If I want to play an MMO, I'll play PSU. Since other MMOs take too much time, this tends to happen the most.

Wash
Dec 19, 2007, 05:34 PM
I said PSO because of its diversity in items alone. The huge assortment of weapons and units made everyone unique in some way, not to mention all of the rares looked very different. There was always something cool to look for, and thus always something to do.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
PSO and PSU over the Originals?!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY! THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Lolitecher
Dec 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
For me, it was a close tie between PSII and PSO. I was going to vote PSII, until I abruptly realized I never played the game and was voting solely on the "Nei Factor", ahahaha ^_^

AlexCraig
Dec 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
PSO. Tried PSU; did not like it at all. Tried the other games (the ones that were on Phantasy Star Collection) and did not do so well. But PSO gives me that drive and urge to play.