PDA

View Full Version : death by baby

Foggy_Pete
Jan 10, 2003, 07:54 PM
i just got home with my 'baby thinkitover' the mechanical baby that makes a crying noise from the pits of hell and is sposed to make teens think carefuly before they get it on and risk becomeing parents. its required by law that this baby must be taken home one weekend a year from school to decimate your social life and keep you awake at night. ANYWAY, some of us who had to take this terror home were at driving age and were warned not to attend to the baby untill you had safely pulled of the road. two stories were acompanied by the warning...one told of how baby thinkitover began howling in the back seet of a high school students car while she was driving. she turned to get the baby and move it to the front seat for care and she slipped into oncoming drafic and was killed...but babythinkitover lived and was unleashed again a year or so later to claim anouther victim. the uneathly mechanical yelling sounded from the back of anouther students car, he pulled to the side of the road and was reaching into the back seet when his car slipped off the shoulder and tumbled down a steep hill claiming a second life...not detered baby thinkitover once again rose and stares at the side of my chair while i rock it back and forth with my foot. death rests in a plastic rocker in my computer room and bears the name...'baby thinkitover'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2003-01-10 22:31 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jan 10, 2003, 08:04 PM
Im so glad we dont have those in the UK! And if they had given one to me, i would of just stuck it in a box somewhere. Pfft, im not staying up all night for a doll.

X-thirteen
Jan 10, 2003, 08:34 PM
ive never heard of such a thing.

but yea.. try and not die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

LamerPanda
Jan 10, 2003, 08:47 PM
I had to raise an egg. Twice.

The thing is, it wasn't very accurate since you didn't feed it or play with it, you stuck it in the refrigerator for naps, and it rotted after a week or so being carried around by its "mother".

I also don't believe I'd ever have an urge to cook and eat my child.

Good luck with your kid. =P

DeathCheese87
Jan 10, 2003, 09:42 PM
the moral of the story: babies will kill you

dude3282
Jan 11, 2003, 06:31 AM
On 2003-01-10 18:42, DeathCheese87 wrote:
the moral of the story: babies will kill you

Amen! Just look at your parents, and your friends' parents!

Abaddon
Jan 11, 2003, 06:58 AM
why pay X amount fo dollars for an imitation when you can get the real thing for...free?

well, its not really free...several grand goes into their education, bringing them up, clothing, feeding, having their stomachs pumped after drinking binges...ehehehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Subliminalgroove
Jan 11, 2003, 07:23 AM
I am SOOOO gald I got out of high school before they instituted that idiodic concept. It teaches absolutly nothing accept possibly how to tamper with the thing so it remains quiet for the weekend without leaving any overt signs that you messed with it. I would have loved to have been at the PTA meeting where parents decided it would be a good idea to unleash this monstrosity among their children.

I still don't understand why most high schools don't make condoms readily available in bathroom vending machine thingies. Teenagers are going to have sex. Its that simple. Putting a mechanical baby in the hands of a student for a weekend is not going to stop that. The only thing to do is realize that fact and make it possible for teenagers to get ahold of protection or birth control without feeling idiotic. Of course maybe I will feel differently when it is my daughter or son in high school. I hope not.

IceBlink
Jan 11, 2003, 07:44 AM
Actually, you can apparently ask the school nurse for condoms. Or if in college, student services area. o_O

The baby thing... reminds me of Batman Beyond. Hehehe. Just don't go out crime-fighting with the baby. XD

Subliminalgroove
Jan 11, 2003, 07:52 AM
The problem with asking the school nurse for them is you have to ask the school nurse for them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If at college you can also get them from your RA or CA (whatever they are called at your school). Well, at college it really isn't that big of a deal. It becomes much easier to get them. They just seem to pile up in your room like dirty laundry. Even when you are, shall we say... busy.

SorceressofTime
Jan 11, 2003, 08:47 AM
On 2003-01-11 04:52, Subliminalgroove wrote:
The problem with asking the school nurse for them is you have to ask the school nurse for them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If at college you can also get them from your RA or CA (whatever they are called at your school). Well, at college it really isn't that big of a deal. It becomes much easier to get them. They just seem to pile up in your room like dirty laundry. Even when you are, shall we say... busy.

why can't you just go out and buy them from a store? or is there a legal age limit for those kinda stuff? O.o *faints*

Abaddon
Jan 11, 2003, 09:11 AM
There is no legal age. some people just dont have the nerve to buy it publically, which is understandable.

Foggy_Pete
Jan 12, 2003, 06:35 AM
when i was 8 i bought some for an older friend who was waiting outside. the lady at the counter was looking at me weird >_<

Sedyne
Jan 12, 2003, 09:55 AM
I had to take that horrid crap home 3 weekends ago. Except we did it as a "divorced parenting thing" (some stupid thing we're doing in health class). Where one of my female friends got the child Thursdya+Friday night and i got it Saturday and Sunday and we were reliable on eachother for its good care to get a good grade. So Saturday night it was fine, it cried maby 2 times, but Sunday night it was crying like a mofo, it woke me up at 11pm, 3am, 4am. This was so bad because i had to get up at 6 am to get ready for school because my schoolin" starts at 7:15 which is the worssstttttt i'm seriously never having kids till at least 28

Rykomi
Jan 12, 2003, 01:34 PM
My school is too damn cheap to buy an electronic one.. they went with the egg.. can you believe that almost 98% of the other people in my class BROKE their eggs on the FIRST night?! Is it really that hard to stick it in the fridge or even if you break it... oh i dunno.. GET A NEW ONE?

As for the electronic ones, i introduce to you my best friend Mr. Screw driver. He takes things apart and puts them back together. Also, i'd like to introduce you to another friend of mine: Mr. Batteries. Mr. Screwdriver will help you meet Mr. Batteries and if you pay attention to the electronics inside the baby, you can take Mr. Batteries out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Then you stick the baby, Mr. Screwdriver/Batteries in the closet until the assignment is over, write a BS report on the whole thing, making sure you please the teachers by saying "wow, i never knew how hard it was not sleeping!", then get the baby and Mr. Screwdriver/Batteries and then reverse the process and Voila! Instant A+! And a quiet goddamn baby http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Can't beat that!

X-thirteen
Jan 12, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-01-12 10:34, Rykomi wrote:
My school is too damn cheap to buy an electronic one.. they went with the egg.. can you believe that almost 98% of the other people in my class BROKE their eggs on the FIRST night?! Is it really that hard to stick it in the fridge or even if you break it... oh i dunno.. GET A NEW ONE?

As for the electronic ones, i introduce to you my best friend Mr. Screw driver. He takes things apart and puts them back together. Also, i'd like to introduce you to another friend of mine: Mr. Batteries. Mr. Screwdriver will help you meet Mr. Batteries and if you pay attention to the electronics inside the baby, you can take Mr. Batteries out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Then you stick the baby, Mr. Screwdriver/Batteries in the closet until the assignment is over, write a BS report on the whole thing, making sure you please the teachers by saying "wow, i never knew how hard it was not sleeping!", then get the baby and Mr. Screwdriver/Batteries and then reverse the process and Voila! Instant A+! And a quiet goddamn baby http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Can't beat that!

hahahaha!
its exactly what i would do if i was put in that position.
well.. i would throw it in a school garbage the moment i walked out of the classroom with it.

Ness
Jan 12, 2003, 06:21 PM
Those babies are evil!! They must be destroyed so no one else will die!!!

Nidarrock
Jan 13, 2003, 11:31 AM
Thank goodness I graduated before that!! I would have taken the batteries out and thrown the thing in the closet. But does the crying wake your parents up too? If my daughter(yes I have a daughter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) ever brings that thing home I would still take out the batteries and toss it in the closet. Then I would tell her MY experience raising her.

As for taking care of an egg... scrambled or eggs over easy?

Percival
Jan 13, 2003, 12:20 PM
This all sound like a 1950's B series horror movie... and I'm not even refferring to the dying part. I understant the "noble" cause behind this project but I can't see how they expect this to work. Then again, I'm no psychologist.

Noble cause. Misguided pursuit?

Meteor
Jan 13, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-01-10 17:04, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Im so glad we dont have those in the UK!

We still have teen pregnancies in the UK, so why don't we have the electronic death-babies over here?