PDA

View Full Version : On artbooks and soundtracks

Mystral
Dec 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
I know I'm horribly late with asking this and all, but for several years now I've been poking around on and off for a copy of the PSO Artbook (Artbooks? I know of one, that had design sketches and the like for PSO, dunno if there was a second one released after that) and a good, complete soundtrack for the game, preferably for both Episode 1 and 2's music. I did a search on these forums, but I didn't come up with anything, unfortunately. Might have been searching stupidly, though.

Now, obviously, I know my chances of either still being in print is close to nil at this point after their release, especially with the official closing of the last PSO-related servers. What I'm wondering is, does anyone know of a store online or an import place or something I could still order them from, or barring that a digital copy available for download, assuming such isn't less than legal?

It's times like this I really wish I could understand Japanese, I'd have been able to browse those web stores and such, too. Ah well, hopefully soon; then I can maybe start importing some of those Japanese-only releases, too, and actually understand them...

Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope there's still a way I can actually get these items officially. On a slightly related note, I know there's been several doujins and a lot of fan artwork filtered around of PSO, and what I'd seen was usually pretty good. If anyone knows of good places to browse that, as well, I'd love to see some again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PinkyBloodyArt
Dec 21, 2007, 08:17 AM
I have both the pso dc sound track and an ep1 and 2 sound track I got through a friend in JP. I could rip them and upload them for you if you would like, you might also try amazon or even ebay

halohalo
Dec 21, 2007, 08:21 AM
PSOBB uses Ogg format for the music, so you can play the music by media players supporting Ogg.

Mystral
Dec 21, 2007, 08:32 AM
Oh, duh. For some reason, I'd never been able to find them on eBay, now it seems there are a couple of the Book of Hunters up there. Don't I feel stupid now.

Didn't know Blue Burst had ogg sound, thanks. I'm still curious if there's a place that sells the soundtracks, or what their names are to search eBay. Thanks for the ripping offer, though! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VioletSkye
Dec 21, 2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.animebooks.com/phantasystar.html

I ordered the Design and Material Collection artbook from there years ago and it's pretty nice. They used to have the Book of Hunters also, but I don't see it listed any longer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-12-21 10:23 ]</font>

PinkyBloodyArt
Dec 21, 2007, 01:21 PM
just search phantasy star online sound track on amazon and it will come up

AlexCraig
Dec 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
I have seen several artbooks on ebay stores. You can find them easily (Trust me. I work at an ebay store).