PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Moo2u
Dec 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
So, I haven't played it yet, but I hear it's been getting mediocre reviews. Anybody get a chance to play it? What'd you think?

Monochrome
Dec 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
This isn't the answer you are looking for, as I have yet to play it -- but judging by the Play Magazine review, it sounds like another next-gen "Sonic the Hedgehog" debacle, where one wants to scream "I just wanna play the damn level!!!" I love Sonic Team but their newer titles seem lacking in a streamlined focus like the ST of old. Just my thoughts..

If my roommate gets it for Christmas I'll certainly update this.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
Magazine reviews are like a$$holes and most reek of shyte. Rent it from GameFly or something, if you really enjoy it then buy it is my advice.

From several post on Sega's boards I've read, in-the-view fans of the original and even newcomers, Nights:JoD is pretty damn good and fun.

Addendum:
I swear if PLAY is starting to become another biased Media mouth piece for Uber-hyped games for the 360 and PS3 I will very likely not to buy their magazine ever again. *sigh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-12-24 11:21 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 25, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm going to tag this thread for future reference. If Sega finally made a good game, I want to be there.

amtalx
Dec 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm still on the fence about buying this game...so someone tell me if its good or not. NOW! Thanks.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Feelmirath
Dec 26, 2007, 09:04 AM
On 2007-12-25 05:40, Zorafim wrote:
I'm going to tag this thread for future reference. If Sega finally made a good game, I want to be there.

Sonic And The Secret Rings was a good game :<

Moo2u
Dec 26, 2007, 01:32 PM
Sonic and the Secret Rings was an ok game I found. I thought the controls needed some work (especially if you needed to move backwards.)

Still waiting for someone to post their thoughts on NiGHTS...

Shadow_Wing
Dec 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
7/10 maaaaybe 7.5/10 but I'm leaning towards 7/10 more, IGN's review was pretty spot on what was good and what was bad. Speaking of which I gotta return it today lol.

It's fun but it has some glaring flaws that just gets in the way after a while. It's definitely worth at least a rental but not a buy, like secret rings it was fun but there's some fundamental flaws that make it rather annoying to play. Controls are something that really needed some work here, unless you use the classic controller which imo is the best one out of all the choices, but it wasn't too bad overall (But definitely lose the wiimote setup, it's unplayable with just the wiimote). Another quirk I didn't like was some framerate issues in cutscenes which made the cutscenes a bit glichy but that's a minor detail. It's the right track on Sega's part but it does indeed feel unpolished and could have done a bit more work here and there, but it's a slow improvement however I feel Sega is getting what they lost all those years ago back again.

Angelo
Dec 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
It's worth buying for the music alone.

Nisshoku
Dec 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
Well, I got it for Christmas, and I've got to admit, it's a fun game. But don't take my word for it, though. No one really does. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShadowDragon28
Dec 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
I more leaning towards trusting your opinion Nisshoku then most of the pr*cks that review games...

ShinMaruku
Dec 29, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-12-25 05:40, Zorafim wrote:

Virtua Fighter. You mean ST not Service Games. It's just that they whore out ST which is trash.