PDA

View Full Version : Androids are not worth training and heres why

RobAkaBobby
Dec 25, 2007, 05:46 AM
I hate training androids, they cant do magic, their only health is monomates and dimates, their traps are practically useless cuz the traps activate too late, i just dont understand how ppl use them, i have a Lv.110 HUmar cuz i need healing powers, i cant see androids surviving in Ultimate without healing, it seems impossible to me, but yet i believe it cuz i have seen lv 200 androids before, i have trained a android but i dont like training them, its useless to me, who has trained a android to Lv.200 before?

kizu
Dec 25, 2007, 07:31 AM
although i have never trained a lvl 200 cast, i have taken one up to 100. they are not that hard to train actually. they usually have very good stats and have hp regen. this ability sucks at lower lvls but higher up it becomes very useful. its true that its hard to heal them but they rarely need healing if you know how to play. Ranger casts shouldn't worry about healing since they can stand away and snipe. Hunter casts have a tougher time but have good atp and def to make up for it slightly. My old HUcast could rip through rooms easily with minimal damage taken. If you want to heal yourself, give your cast char a good hp stealing item. also, a cast can pull out a handgun, set a freeze trap, shoot it, then wipe up the remains with a good multihit wep. its not perfect but works decently.

AlexCraig
Dec 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
Casts are great for training with. Especially RAcasts. They are far from harm, thus they recieve less damage. And the little damage they do recieve heals automatically due to their cast heritage. Not to mention they are immune to most conditions and can instantly see traps.

I have a level 118 HUmar. So what? Does that mean I like humans more than casts? No. Just means I play him a bit more. I have a RAcast on the virge of V Hard mode. Seriously, why is it people hate other classes/races? It is stupid.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
no magic means other stats are better then newmans or even humans, hp regenerate, healing items cure faster then techs, (some ppl even use healing items when they have resta as an option), traps can be activated with a simple gun, shot them and they will explode.

Mudkips
Dec 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
Well, androids are a bit of a pain to train, but it pays in the long run! Keep in mind (Like the others said), you do receive less damage, you usually have more heath (depending on which); but anyway, they are overall a good class specification... Use them if you have the patience.

Obscenity
Dec 25, 2007, 03:19 PM
Traps are much more useful if you shoot them instead of waiting for them to go off. Gush weapons are also helpful when you're playing a cast. I get bored with having to cast S/D/J/Z all the time before I can even kill anything when I'm playing a human/newman Hunter or Ranger, which is why I only have one HUnewearl and one each of all the cast Rangers and Hunters.

androids > meatbags

x_Shadow_x
Dec 25, 2007, 05:15 PM
all charters have there downs and ups o so you hate becuz they dont do magic....maybe they dont need....your humar magic bites anyway so its like he doesnt even have it so just chill

RegulusHikari
Dec 25, 2007, 09:32 PM
You'll learn to respect traps when you hit VH and Ult. Don't ever underestimate Casts, if I can get a HUcast to Ult Forest at 53 and Ult Caves at ~65, you shouldn't have too much trouble. All it takes is a little thinking and some Scapes and you're good to go.

Oh yeah, that 40h Chainsawd comes in handy too. >_>

x_Shadow_x
Dec 25, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-12-25 18:32, RegulusHikari wrote:
You'll learn to respect traps when you hit VH and Ult. Don't ever underestimate Casts, if I can get a HUcast to Ult Forest at 53 and Ult Caves at ~65, you shouldn't have too much trouble. All it takes is a little thinking and some Scapes and you're good to go.

Oh yeah, that 40h Chainsawd comes in handy too. >_>

that's what im saying if you get them high engh there good the problem is that they dont have S&D so just get a mag and then your good and good weapons with that i think they are betterm:yes:

Splash
Dec 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lolz, that would be how a typical person who cannot play well because they need "OMG resta spamz for heal" would say.

Let's make it simple. If you need to rely on healing capabilities, you just fail at this game, period. The healing capabilities are just for back-up purposes in case you need to use them on the occassion, not when you need to use them because apparently you want to face a monster head on and cannot kill them without losing some high amount of HP.

That would be how a typical novice player would play. A good player would actually consider the situation and try to minimize the use of healing, and this is how androids can manage to play effectively. If there are a group of monsters, place a freeze trap, detonate, pull out a multi-target weapon and kill them. If you don't happen to have one, you use confuse traps so they can attack each other while you pick on them one by one from the sidelines, so to speak. It is really that simple, and it doesn't need Resta spam in order to pull it off well.

AlexCraig
Dec 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
Exactly. My HUmar, Alex, only uses Trimates. And he ONLY uses them when he is in the danger zone of HP. Other than that, he can take as much damage as needed. I, quite literally, never use Resta unless the 1/100000 chance he no longer has Trimates, Dimates, and is in severe trouble.

My RAcast, AR-7, uses Dimates ONLY when he needs to, which is not often. He can pretty much keep the enemies at bay for as long as needed.

Cry0
Dec 27, 2007, 09:22 AM
traps increase in effectiveness about a milion times when on ultimate. they explode faster. and indeed, it's not about healing, it's about preventing getting hurt. I have a hucast lv 200, and my fighting style is go in, draw first blood, get hit (if not avoidable), laugh at the petty damage, and destroy the enemies further. it's easy once you get used to it. i darry dimates and trimates, and almost never reach trimates. (i use up dimates first)

Banish
Dec 27, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-12-25 02:46, RobAkaBobby wrote:
I hate training androids, they cant do magic, their only health is monomates and dimates, their traps are practically useless cuz the traps activate too late, i just dont understand how ppl use them, i have a Lv.110 HUmar cuz i need healing powers, i cant see androids surviving in Ultimate without healing, it seems impossible to me, but yet i believe it cuz i have seen lv 200 androids before, i have trained a android but i dont like training them, its useless to me, who has trained a android to Lv.200 before?

This person has no idea what they are talking about...

Bliven
Dec 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
Their only health is monomates and dimates..... have you never heard of trimates? >.>

kizu
Dec 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:31, Bliven wrote:
Their only health is monomates and dimates..... have you never heard of trimates? >.>

as well as star atoms

Neith
Dec 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
You DO know you can shoot your own traps to detonate them, yes?

If you can't play without Resta, don't play an Android, its simple. It doesn't make them bad though, the traps make up for it if you know how to/remember to use them.

Splash
Dec 28, 2007, 03:58 AM
OMG, Cyro still comes here? o_O

kevlar_pso
Dec 28, 2007, 05:45 AM
On 2007-12-25 02:46, RobAkaBobby wrote:

If you only had some patience you would see the purpose of a hucast. For myself, v. hard through the lower range of ultimate was very hard. It was worth it. I am now lev. 173 and can handle myself fairly easily. A humar excels at nothing, a hucast excels at damage dealing. A lev. 110 character is fairly new. I can see from your sentance structure how leveling a hucast would be a problem for you. . . .

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 07:21 AM
wow u all sound real dumb right now but it doesnt matter now, i used a cheat so now i have 99 of everything for my HUcast so it doesnt matter u guys say, and yea im a good trainer, and yea i can handle a hucast duh i mean who cant i mean seriously, if u guys really get this deep in conversations then u really have no lifes but PSO, srry to be harsh but its true, PSO is a simple game and anyone can get to Lv.200 if they tried to, theres really no challenge in it to me, just sayin

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
oh and by the way i have seen way harder games then PSO so yea PSO isnt all that great ok ppl damn, sometimes u get too much into the conversation i mean really lol

kizu
Dec 28, 2007, 07:38 AM
On 2007-12-28 04:21, RobAkaBobby wrote:
wow u all sound real dumb right now but it doesnt matter now, i used a cheat so now i have 99 of everything for my HUcast so it doesnt matter u guys say, and yea im a good trainer, and yea i can handle a hucast duh i mean who cant i mean seriously, if u guys really get this deep in conversations then u really have no lifes but PSO, srry to be harsh but its true, PSO is a simple game and anyone can get to Lv.200 if they tried to, theres really no challenge in it to me, just sayin

if you did the stacking glitch on your HUcast and say your a good trainer, man thats hypcritical. a good trainer would know how to train a HUcast with no cheating. also, if you really did the stacking glitch. i hope you know that you can't find rare items any more. also, what do you mean that we have no lifes but PSO? PSO is great but i don't stick to it every waking moment. There are other great games out there to play besides PSO.

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 07:41 AM
wat do u mean i cant find any more rare items?

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 07:49 AM
and if i really cant find any more rare items how do i reverse the effect of it so i can find rare items again then?

Mystral
Dec 28, 2007, 08:42 AM
Very easy to find information regarding drop rates, in fact it's the very first sticky you see upon entering the CHEATERS forum.

Since I know you'll be too lazy (everyone is), pre-emptive "where is it?" answer: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=101010&forum=4&60

Personally, though, you just sound like a bit of a sore loser. You start off saying they suck, then you turn around and say that nothing in this game is hard and anyone can get to 200 on any class. Mhmm.

Scathing comments aside, androids are good for some things, just like humans and newmen are good for something else. To each their own, if your playstyle isn't that of an android's, don't play them, plain and simple. No one's holding a gun to your head that you must play this class or that class.

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 09:26 AM
so how do i disable the glitch? do i just get rid of all the stacked items and the photon drops?

RegulusHikari
Dec 28, 2007, 09:31 AM

New to the internet? That's fine, you'll grow up eventually.

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 10:10 AM
grow up? dude its a fuckin game u idiot, u need to grow up and stop playin games, seriously get a life, its for ur own good

chain_saw
Dec 28, 2007, 10:22 AM
uhhhhh im new here im a level 92 HUcast and there awsome they have the highest atp and traps i youse the freez traps the
most then i wipe them out with my ddragon slayer + 28

and dont swear you sound like an idiot trying to be cool when you do

MagnumOpus
Dec 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
I have a level 136 RAcast and I love him. He is quite effective on ultimate. In fact, I can easily clear ultimate ruins using him much more efficiently than I can using my HUmar level 198. Properly placing and using traps is the key as well as a good long range weapon. I agree with the other posters, resta is only used when in dire need. Plus, if you were lucky enough to find a frozen shooter or spread needle, a RAcast is one very powerful adversary. PEACE!

kizu
Dec 28, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-12-28 06:26, RobAkaBobby wrote:
so how do i disable the glitch? do i just get rid of all the stacked items and the photon drops?

if im not wrong, take all your hacked/stacked items, drop them, save and power off. if this doesn't work, then its your own fault that you screwed your game.

Banish
Dec 28, 2007, 01:17 PM

You really are close-minded, cheats aren't gonna help you much in PSO, they bring you down. There is indeed a challenge of reaching Level 200 LEGIT, not just having a Level 1 turn into a Level 200 by a simple code... What is simple is the code/hax, no effort needed for that stuff.

Saying we have no life is just a figurative saying, you know, you live your life they way you want, just another way of saying go do something else. Doesn't bother me for the most part.

I really don't like how this topic turned out, an inexperienced person who claims androids suck, and then blabs about hacks. In fact, this topic is now beneath my notice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-12-28 10:18 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Dec 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
I completely and wholeheartedly agree, Banish. This guy really has no concept of what these forums are here for. He burns casts then talks about cheating while simultaneously flaming the people who are discussing this topic. I await the locking of this topic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

RobAkaBobby
Dec 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
wow unexperienced, im unexperienced, i been playing PSO for a while now so u cant say im unexperienced iight, oh but i see how it is though, everyone tryin to put me down just because i dont like training androids, ppl seriously its just a game so stop argueing about it damn, be mature for once i mean seriously, i mean if u want a fair one come to New York if u want to start shit but if u cant back ur shit up then shut the fuck up then iight damn, ignorant ass ppl

MagnumOpus
Dec 28, 2007, 03:40 PM
I like androids. I have a RAcast and a HUcaseal. Both of which are excellent on the battle field. Overall, the RAcast, level 136, fairs much better in solo battle then my HUmar, level 198. Peace, love and hair grease. I agree, this topic has become very derogatory and mean. Why all the foul language?

AlexCraig
Dec 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-12-28 11:40, RobAkaBobby wrote:
wow unexperienced, im unexperienced, i been playing PSO for a while now so u cant say im unexperienced iight, oh but i see how it is though, everyone tryin to put me down just because i dont like training androids,

We are not putting you down because you hate androids. We are saying your reasons FOR hating androids are kind of weak. And it is INexperienced, not UNexperienced.

ppl seriously its just a game so stop argueing about it damn, be mature for once i mean seriously,

Let the preacher practice what he preaches. We are not argueing. We are giving criticism and insight. The only one yelling, swearing, insulting, and argueing here is the OP; ie. you.

i mean if u want a fair one come to New York if u want to start shit but if u cant back ur shit up then shut the fuck up then iight damn, ignorant ass ppl

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif That is mature [/sarcasm] We aren't starting anything. And I reccomend you read the Forum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum) before you dig your hole deeper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-12-28 13:45 ]</font>

kizu
Dec 28, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-12-28 11:40, RobAkaBobby wrote:
wow unexperienced, im unexperienced, i been playing PSO for a while now so u cant say im unexperienced iight, oh but i see how it is though, everyone tryin to put me down just because i dont like training androids, ppl seriously its just a game so stop argueing about it damn, be mature for once i mean seriously, i mean if u want a fair one come to New York if u want to start shit but if u cant back ur shit up then shut the fuck up then iight damn, ignorant ass ppl

we're not putting you down, we're showing counter examples. now for the mature part, whos cussing us up? also, go read this too http://pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum

TalHex
Dec 28, 2007, 08:07 PM
in many ways spells like resta are a bad thing and using mates is actually a much better idea, everytime you use resta you have to stop moving which leaves you with an opening, while mates heal quickly and you can move why they are in effect, i tend to only use them most of the time even though i'm a FOmar, and my other character is a HUmar

Ketchup345
Dec 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
Locked. Obvious reason.