PDA

View Full Version : What makes a better Fortefighter?

Rosenkrantz
Dec 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
I want to have the best race and job combo. So i made this poll to see what you guys and gals think would make the best fortefighter.

MetalIdol876
Dec 25, 2007, 08:54 PM
Beast Female.

magenta
Dec 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
human female
-_- well ive done okay i think..

jayster
Dec 25, 2007, 08:57 PM
male beast hits the hardest and maybe the most hp, not positive. People might say that a cast makes a good fortefighter but they won't hit as hard, recieve the race / class bonus and the accuracy really doesn't matter much with fortefighter.

Just make it a beast, doesn't matter if it's male or female, personally I dont like how the female nanoblast looks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-12-25 18:02 ]</font>

HaydenX
Dec 25, 2007, 08:58 PM
newman female

Telina
Dec 25, 2007, 08:59 PM
your gonna have to be more descriptive than the "best" fortefighter, male beast has the highest attack power for offence but females get more defensive stats because of the gender boosts. Casts are good for accuracy if you don't mind a little reduction in power, but really it doesn't matter. This game isn't quite what people would call mainstream yet i think so just pick what you want and pick weapons to match it. Just make sure you'll live with it down the road lol

Rosenkrantz
Dec 25, 2007, 09:03 PM
Well I have a human male fortefighter, but he i just not hitting as hard as i thought he would.

Dragwind
Dec 25, 2007, 09:06 PM
fF is so strong, just be any race. Yes, even newman. <_<

jayster
Dec 25, 2007, 09:09 PM
People are naturally going to say whatever their race / fortefighter is but honestly, the picture perfect fortefighter is a male / female beast just like cast's are the best fortegunner and newmans are the best fortetecher.

Choose male beast if you want to do more damage and female beast if you want a little higher defense.

MetalIdol876
Dec 25, 2007, 09:10 PM
If you do Male get ready to BAWWW alot when you're 1 DFP away from that new armor on your next level up. lol

Turbobrain
Dec 25, 2007, 09:31 PM
Beast M.... I like Cast's and will soon be raising my FG(keep getting super holy luck at temple on Azatoth so Davros wll have to wait).

Sure the SUV's good... I dont think one is better than the other, they both excell in different situations. What I would point out is that a SUV takes an extra slot, a beast nanoform does not.

Having said that, I LOVE FF!!! it's a great job and I will take the Pepsi challenge on any other race for THIS job. M/F the difference are subtle IMO but Beast is a MUST for FF IMO.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 01:46 AM
If you're a total stat whore, pick male Beast. If you don't care, choose the prettiest one. And I don't think CASTs are really so bad at FF, yeah, they won't hit as hard as a Beast, have less HP, and ATA may not be so important, IMO CASTs can make pretty awesome Fortefighters. Of course, Humans do really good at this job too since they're good at ALL jobs so don't count them out, and Newmans aren't too bad either.

physic
Dec 26, 2007, 02:03 AM
accuracy matters, dont beliee the hype. unless your only gonna do missions after your way higher than them, or have an acrotecher that hangs with you all the time

TheTofuShop
Dec 26, 2007, 05:10 AM
for pure damage, male beast, but I think female beast is awesome too...

however... I enjoy being a Robot, so... CAST male for my toon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miren
Dec 26, 2007, 05:14 AM
double post >.<;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miren on 2007-12-26 02:17 ]</font>

Miren
Dec 26, 2007, 05:16 AM
Where is the option for female newman?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miren on 2007-12-26 02:17 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Dec 26, 2007, 05:42 AM
go with whatever Race you like...

afterall, its YOU that's going to play it.

Not us...

AnamanaAU
Dec 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
Cast, because I prefer the SUV. Balanced accuracy and physical stats too.

Shardio
Dec 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
Newman of course!
Just kidding, I think Beast is the best Fortefighter race. After all, they get the job bonus and fit the job description perfectly.
But, it's been said before, it doesn't really matter what race you pick for Fortefighter; you're going to be strong either way.

_K1_
Dec 26, 2007, 07:35 AM
On 2007-12-26 02:16, Miren wrote:
Where is the option for female newman?

I was wondering too... humans but no newmans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Beast will be best for ATP, but if you like the way CASTs look, the difference won't be too too much. Fortefighter is a fun class either way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _K1_ on 2007-12-26 08:14 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 26, 2007, 09:11 AM
Since most fFs just want LOLw00tBIGNUMBARZ!!1!, go with Male Beast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chron1
Dec 26, 2007, 11:18 AM
Male FF

lethe
Dec 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
i Prefer male cast over Male beast, SUV's do good on large groups of enemies, but lack in boss battles, nanoblasts are ok at large groups but not as much as they excel in boss battles, but with the current stat boost the difference between male beast and male cast has changed, ATP wise they're pretty close although cast will always be weaker, ATA wise cast is better and while beasts may be doing bigger numbers, casts will be hitting a very low amount of zeros compared to beast, thus a cast's DoT is better, but with how easy all the missions are nowdays, alll the points i made are null and void so pick what suits you
run on sentences ftw

BahnKnakyu
Dec 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
If you want to do 25% to 50% less damage than your beast counterparts, go ahead and be "unique" and play a female newman fortefighter.

If you actually want to be a bit durable and dish out good damage, casts and beasts are the way to go for this class. I remember a discussion about this awhile ago, but in general beasts do decent damage with occasional misses, with LOTS of spikes due to their raw ATP, while casts do less damage, but stable damage over time. Less EVP also makes you less prone to blocking in the middle of a PA, which can be a good and bad thing depending on how you play.

VanHalen
Dec 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
Newman male B.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 12:45 PM
Well, its true that a Female Newman would have like 72% of the ATP of a Male Beast at Fortefighter, some of it may have to do with the stat bonus of Beast at Fortefighter, but yeah, its there. At lv 120/15, its a Male Beast with 1782 vs. Female Newman with 1281. But, when you put an Axe, lets say, an Okanoh (which drop quite a bit now), which gives 1259 ATP, Male Beast will have 3041 and Female Newman will have 2540, give them both a Hard Power Charge, and its Male Beast with 3201 and Female Newman with 2700, yeah, Beast still wins, but 3201 vs. 2700 isn't as extreme as 1782 vs. 1281.

Neith
Dec 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
Eh, Female Newman isn't all that bad. If you can put up with having slightly lower ATA than a Cast, and significantly less ATP than a Beast, its ok. You still deal reasonable damage (2000+ with Chikki Kyoren-jin, that was at Lv88, on aF which has less ATP than fF, with a 20% 8* Slicer). Yeah, a lot less than a Beast, but 2000 damage isn't exactly poor either. You can still beat things up easily, I solo HIVE S2 with my Female Newman, at Lv88.

Female Newman Lv110/fF15 Stats (Thanks to Amesani):
HP: 2661 (-741 of Female Beast)
ATP: 1219 (-414 of Female Beast)
ATA: 413 (+83 of Female Beast)
TP: 370 (+112 of Female Beast)
DFP: 276 (-45 of Female Beast)
EVP: 195 (+23 of Female Beast)
MST: 285 (+156 of Female Beast)

Would've compared to Male Beast, but Amesani doesn't have those stats yet.

Obviously, 'gimped' compared to a Female Beast, because Beasts are designed to be Hunters, wheres Newman is more or less forced into Teching. If you're looking for optimal, then I'd say either Male Beast/Female Beast/Male Cast/Female Cast is the best choice.

Outside the realm of optimal combos that everyone is stuck in, any race/sex combo can be Fortefighter.

Shiryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 01:17 PM
Male beast. It's really pointless to recommend anything else if you actually read the first post.

pikachief
Dec 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
its funny i think im the only one who loves every lass in the game and HATES Fortefighter XD lol

i play it for like 10 min and im bored and sick of it and switch back to a random class http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

physic
Dec 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-12-26 10:17, Shiryuu wrote:
Male beast. It's really pointless to recommend anything else if you actually read the first post.

Ehhhh im a male beast, but i got to say the best at the job is probably cast male. cast will have like 200 less atp and way more ata, thus allowing them to use less accurate but powerful attacks, if beasts miss 1 out of 10 hits more than cast, thats a 10% drop in max dmg.

Not to mention, the stronger our weapons and items get, the weaker nanoblast is by comparison, my beast can already outdmg any nano but power with his regular weapons, it has use in some situations, but the higher we get, the less and less it will be useful. Whereas cast suv is currently strong, and they are still improving and expanding on its abilities as we speak, every higher rank does more dmg, has more end.

honestly cast is basically the best at any job that doesnt use tp.
beast gives you the biggest numbers though, if you just like to see big numbers scroll

pikachief
Dec 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
yes! i try telling people this but they dont listen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

My friend was a cast fortefighter and there was my beast Fortefighter friend both in a party using axes.

The cast used 2 full combos and didnt hit a single zero, the beast missed half the the first PA and almost entirely the second time!

our atp isnt that much lower either, and we can use a solid / power S without much of a downfall on us either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

which lowers the gap of atp even further!

of course people will argue on how male beasts are still best and no one will change their mind since i've been trying to explain this to people since crimson beasts :/

Guildenstern
Dec 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
Where's the option for Newman? :/

Newman FFs are the neatest to look at.

Gen2000
Dec 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-12-26 10:17, Shiryuu wrote:

Yeah really, he ask for the best and Male Beast is the best, simple. Thread going on longer than it needs to be and people trying to pull the "play whoever you want/play least ugly one/it doesn't matter" card. This isn't the thread for that.

And nothing comes close to outdamaging Power Nanoblast from a Male Beast unless you suck...hard at JA'ing or somehow managed to get like 200% element weapons.

Xaeris
Dec 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
Beast. I'd say female; the innate 2 STA they get over the males is necessary for attaining immunity to deljaban Megid if you want every tangible advantage possible.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Dec 26, 2007, 02:42 PM
Male Cast FF here. The racial accuracy boost is well worth the (relatively) slight ATP hit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif