PDA

View Full Version : Material: Natural or Tried & tested?

Kay_Richter
Jan 11, 2003, 02:38 PM
Now that in EP 1&2 character's have a set limit of "mats" they can consume I've been trying to decide how I wish my characters to grow. On the one hand I can simply use all the random mats I find and at the end of my character's growth look upon it's unique stats or, plan exactly how much of each type of mat I want it to have.

I already map out my Mag's growth in great detail whenever I'm rearing one yet, I feel compelled to let fate take it's course with my character's own stats. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Please discuss.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 11, 2003, 06:32 PM
Depends on how much time you plan on investing in your character. Those that have level 200 as a goal will no doubt plan what types of materails to use. Others take materails more freely, but still put certain restrictions (Bad for FOnewearl to take Power Materials)

Bato
Jan 11, 2003, 07:01 PM
my humar uses all the def, pow, hp, evade mats he gets, but no mind or tp mats.

Webapprentice
Jan 11, 2003, 07:05 PM
For a HU character I have, I'm working on Luck Materials to increase critical hit rate.

Kay_Richter
Jan 11, 2003, 07:07 PM
I see what you mean TeamPhalanx. I have a rough plan for my characters, I use whatever I find to an extent but I'll always keep my character's class in mind. Back in the Dreamcast version, to me and I'm sure a lot of others it was all about maxing stats but now we can have truly unique characters.

There really isn't a down side if you use a little common sense though, with the extreme design of some character classes players will need some structure. Also, the effort towards maxing stats is like a science now, far far harder than raising a mag as materials aren't easy to come across unless you cheat, and that defeats the purpose doesn't it.

Sedyne
Jan 11, 2003, 07:43 PM
pfft =)
I'm going to max my FOmar in all areas. I allready found the formula. Which i have to edit later because i noticed i has 5 excess opints in DEF that can be atrributed to something else but it won't make much of a difference.

Only crappy thing i've noticed is that i'm pretty damn sure Newmans and Newearls can't max all stats. They extremely excel in one area usually. Casts/Caseals i havn't looked upon yet.

Cloud_01
Jan 11, 2003, 07:49 PM
I think it's stupid how you can only use a certain amount of materials on your character. It should just be like the DC version, unlimited uses until maxed stat.

Ness
Jan 11, 2003, 07:59 PM
The limit is not a total amount. It's a limit on each type of material so use all the mats you want and when you max out on mats for that stat you'll know. You can still use mats for other stats though.

Raist
Jan 11, 2003, 08:47 PM
natural, in the end the difference isn't going to be all that huge, and you probably wouldn't notice the difference in a run so why bother with the hassle

Kasera
Jan 11, 2003, 10:16 PM
On 2003-01-11 16:59, Ness wrote:
The limit is not a total amount. It's a limit on each type of material so use all the mats you want and when you max out on mats for that stat you'll know. You can still use mats for other stats though.

Bzzt wrong. Only HP materials are not counted towards the 250/150 material limit. When you max on power materials for example, you've just maxed on def, evade, luck, and mind as well. HP materials you can use 125 of which is counted seperate from all other materials.

As for planning out materials, I think its worth it. The last thing you'd want to do is to get stuck with 22 luck or something for your entire characters life

ManInBlueHat
Jan 11, 2003, 11:32 PM
I know it's sad, but I planned my mat use before I even started playing the game - their use I set to preserve the ratio between every 200 max stat (without the mats) However, since tp mats are almost impossable to find, that ratio will probably be natural, and since i like being lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll use the max # of luck mats.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 11, 2003, 11:50 PM
My HUnewearl will have max ATA, ATP, LCK, and resists from units at level 200. Can't beatneko that!

DeathCheese87
Jan 12, 2003, 12:06 AM
wait, if your stats are maxed at 200, whats the point? you cant lvl up your lvl 200 char.

i guess its just for satisfaction?

rena-ko
Jan 12, 2003, 09:25 AM
your stats dont reach gold-status (absolute) when you hit the 200... you'll have to do this with wise mag/mat-use.

i for my part will collect some mats, then make a plan for each chara i'll make and then use them...

so far ep1&2 seems to need a plan for everything - we even were plannin where to meet in 2 months, yesterday night ^_^;;
i also have a plan to pass the waiting better: learning for the exam week end of february -_-;

EsperJ
Jan 12, 2003, 10:36 AM
I never knew any of this!

Guess I'm gonna be sticking closer with Def and Luck mats for my HUcaseal

Ian D
Jan 12, 2003, 02:02 PM
Meh, I just feed my RAmar what I find.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 12, 2003, 06:09 PM
I just use ANY material I get. Except Minds... Doesn't matter to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hiirigazawa on 2003-01-12 15:10 ]</font>

Ness
Jan 12, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-01-11 19:16, Kasera wrote:

On 2003-01-11 16:59, Ness wrote:

Bzzt wrong. Only HP materials are not counted towards the 250/150 material limit. When you max on power materials for example, you've just maxed on def, evade, luck, and mind as well. HP materials you can use 125 of which is counted seperate from all other materials.

As for planning out materials, I think its worth it. The last thing you'd want to do is to get stuck with 22 luck or something for your entire characters life

Well then I stand corrected.

Moriva
Jan 12, 2003, 06:59 PM
i didn't know there was a limit to how many materials you use... i was just using them as i got them and figured i could max out my characters stats like i tried to do on dreamcast... ;x now i have to save them....