PDA

View Full Version : How to play on Xbox 360? (NAT)

Achaiah191
Dec 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm trying to play PSU on Xbox 360 and I can't seem to connect. I heard that I had to open my NAT to play...Is this true? What am I supposed to do if thats the case? I know how to configure my router but no clue how to open my NAT.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm

Misaki Ki
Dec 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
Try setting your DNS on the 360 to 4.2.2.1, see if that does anything for you first.

Achaiah191
Dec 29, 2007, 04:16 AM
setting the DNS to 4.2.2.1 didn't work. Anything else before I try all the things listed above?

DarkEliteRico
Dec 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
If you're direct connected to a modem you shouldn't have a "moderate" or "closed" NAT.....typically you've got a router on line somewhere. Find out what kind and check the xbox support area, and see it's listed on there. If your router isn't it's not the end of the world those are just the most compatible ones tested to work with xbox live if they are properly set up.

Make sure your firmware is up to date, and if it is you'll need to set up port forwarding. I believe Beatrixkiddo posted information on that for you. But the proper ports you need to open up are:

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

Worst case is that you need to call your router company and have them help you open these ports up, but that's not too hard if you can follow their instructions.