PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band on PS2

Eihwaz
Dec 29, 2007, 06:57 PM
Rock Band is awesome, yes. However, the PS2 version is wholly inferior to any of the next-gen versions. The "Band World Tour", instead of featuring globetrotting and character customization, features...a list of songs, divided into tiers, with no character creation and no globetrotting. For fuck's sake, those features are the reason I asked for the game.

I'm normally intensely anal about the minute differences between varying versions of games, movies, special editions of whatnot, etc. I hadn't heard that the PS2 version had the drastically reduced Band World Tour, otherwise I would've dipped into my bank account and picked up an Xbox 360, and gotten Rock Band for that.

I suppose the PS2-style DVD can't hold the same amount of data as whatever format the current-gen systems are using. It's just really frustrating, is all.

EDIT: I suppose I should mention that my uncle offered to get Rock Band for my sister and me after we had played it on his PS3. I don't have a 360 or a PS3, so I had to ask for the PS2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-12-29 16:07 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Dec 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately this is where a little more research would've been called for. I'm always cautious when a new game, especially one with a deal of extra peripherals, seems made for the next gen consoles only to have a version tossed in for the previous generation of consoles. In particular this seemed odd to me as the game was on the PS3 as well as 2, as opposed to if it wasn't on 3 to begin with. It seemed enough to warrant closer inspection, anyways.

Basically I would've expected the PS2 version to be a watered down version or just simply not hold the same amount of features, but eh.

Eihwaz
Dec 31, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, it was pretty ironic considering that I am paranoid about all things, but especially getting the "wrong" edition of something. At any rate, one of my sister's friends came over yesterday, and we spent many gleeful hours plowing our way through Rock Band. We had tons of fun, so I suppose it doesn't matter much overall.

I guess I'm just bitter over losing my Doctor Who What jacket. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif