PDA

View Full Version : Best NPC to bring on solo missions

drankakeg
Dec 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
Who?

Laranas
Dec 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
I think it depends on your class and your PM. As a Human WT/AT, I like to bring Beast NPCs with me for the extra damage. I can heal, so I don't really need a support NPC to join me.

YUKI_N
Dec 30, 2007, 09:41 PM
Tonnio and your PM

HaydenX
Dec 30, 2007, 09:56 PM
I use laia and Hyuga.

They always run right up and get killed (they are great meatshields). While they are being all stupid and silly, I get the real work done.

chibiLegolas
Dec 30, 2007, 10:45 PM
Ethan's little sister (I forgot her name), is a great tech support NPC. She casts giresta constantly and does attack techs often enough.

I_Am
Dec 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
In general, as NPCs go, I like Leogini, but that's just me, and I haven't pulled an NPC along in a while.

Genoa
Dec 31, 2007, 12:48 AM
Lumia's great. Laia and perhaps Hyuga. Just don't bring Maya <_>, unless you just want some eye-candy >___>

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 12:49 AM
My PM GH 433 usually heals as i get low hp, pretty low heals but saves a dimate for each heal so you can guess the healing number.
And the pace i actually get damaged is slow enough to fully heal me seeing how i have a easy time to avoid enemy attack.

That PM and i also bring Maya (glasses w/e girl) or Ethan Little sister which giresta`s me when their brain works.
Usually theirs donīt so my PM have to do the job most of the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 01:27 AM
i usually bring my GH 452 because she buffs a lot and Maya because she heals a lot. IMO, Maya is the better NPC just because she heals for 1000+ hp and very often.

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 01:36 AM
I would love if my monkey Maya worked as it should as it seems to be for you RubySion.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 02:21 AM
refering Maya as "it" is kinda harsh. I dont bring her because of how she looks. She does her job just fine for me and that is all i wanted from an NPC. If she do badly, i would never bring her along. :S

Laranas
Dec 31, 2007, 02:24 AM
On 2007-12-30 23:21, RubySion wrote:
refering Maya as "it" is kinda harsh. I dont bring her because of how she looks. She does her job just fine for me and that is all i wanted from an NPC. If she do badly, i would never bring her along. :SI consider a Force that just fires her xbow every 3 seconds as doing badly... but that's just me.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 02:27 AM
Her damage suck really bad, yes. I only bring her along so that she heals. Your Maya doesnt heal often? That is weird because mine seem to heal pretty often. I can do most of the damage without the other NPC, i only need an NPC that heal. Maya works for me, but probably not for you guys. :S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2007-12-30 23:28 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 02:42 AM
On 2007-12-30 23:21, RubySion wrote:
refering Maya as "it" is kinda harsh. I dont bring her because of how she looks. She does her job just fine for me and that is all i wanted from an NPC. If she do badly, i would never bring her along. :S

No the reason i call here a monkey is because she acts like one.
One who doesnīt know what the hell she is doing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
She looks more like a bimbo if you want me to express my words viewise.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 02:47 AM
ok, so she does suck in almost everything else. >_> And maybe acts like a monkey..lol, but she heals. That is all what i look in an NPC. She heals a lot for an NPC, even more than my 452 PM. XD Oh, and i bring her and my pm when i solo. If you bring her on a group mission, maybe then, she will be a complete useless npc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Para
Dec 31, 2007, 03:26 AM
If you are a techer that heals well, Tonnio/Leo/Laia and Tonnio/Leo/Laia (Laia only if you need fire resist).
If you are a melee/gunner with little or no resta capability, go with a Support(resta)PM/Maya and either Tonnio/Leo/Laia.

The reason I suggest the beast NPCs is because Tonnio and Leo can really tear it up. If you keep them alive long enough, they nanoblast, you just keep them alive and they will tear everything down for you. Laia is just an alternative (albeit weak alternative) incase you can't keep up with the resta against fire damage that Tonnio and Leo take (aka foie).

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 03:38 AM
On 2007-12-31 00:26, Para wrote:
If you are a techer that heals well, Tonnio/Leo/Laia and Tonnio/Leo/Laia (Laia only if you need fire resist).
If you are a melee/gunner with little or no resta capability, go with a Support(resta)PM/Maya and either Tonnio/Leo/Laia.

The reason I suggest the beast NPCs is because Tonnio and Leo can really tear it up. If you keep them alive long enough, they nanoblast, you just keep them alive and they will tear everything down for you. Laia is just an alternative (albeit weak alternative) incase you can't keep up with the resta against fire damage that Tonnio and Leo take (aka foie).

Well, i usually take Leo instead as front attacker and my PM for healing.
Makes it my life a little easier to spread around traps or use rifle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cry0
Dec 31, 2007, 06:19 AM
my pm (413) and hyuga. they seem to heal me more then i need, so, i never have any issues.

amtalx
Dec 31, 2007, 09:44 AM
If you can heal yourself, bring the two with the most HP. If you can't heal yourself, bring someone that heals a lot and and the other should have a lot of HP. You are kidding yourself if you think that any NPCs are combat effective (that I've seen anyway). Just pick something to stop those Diga balls. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wander117
Jan 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
On 2007-12-30 19:45, chibiLegolas wrote:
Ethan's little sister (I forgot her name), is a great tech support NPC. She casts giresta constantly and does attack techs often enough.

whoa whoa whoa .....wth?how the hell do u get lumia's sister?are u guys talking about online episode 3 or something?

joluh
Jan 1, 2008, 07:51 AM
On 2008-01-01 04:46, Wander117 wrote:

whoa whoa whoa .....wth?how the hell do u get lumia's sister?are u guys talking about online episode 3 or something?

Yes, I asume they are, I read something about her being on the 1st chapter of Episode 3, we can't get her in AotI offline P;

Wander117
Jan 1, 2008, 07:58 AM
On 2008-01-01 04:51, joluh wrote:

On 2008-01-01 04:46, Wander117 wrote:

Yes, I asume they are, I read something about her being on the 1st chapter of Episode 3, we can't get her in AotI offline P;

are u serious?arrrgghhhh!!!man onliners get everything......i was looking through the topics and i saw this list of pics and stats of s-rank weapons...but i think most of them are online only weapons....u should check it out.....u'll be shocked....

joluh
Jan 1, 2008, 08:13 AM
I know of it's excistence, I just rather not check it out because it would make me pissy for a while, I just don't like playing online to be honest, and anyway, we do get a lot of things offline, no complains. Besides, chances are that once you get a weapon you really like, you stick to it don't you?.

Wander117
Jan 1, 2008, 08:16 AM
On 2008-01-01 05:13, joluh wrote:
I know of it's excistence, I just rather not check it out because it would make me pissy for a while, I just don't like playing online to be honest, and anyway, we do get a lot of things offline, no complains. Besides, chances are that once you get a weapon you really like, you stick to it don't you?.

well yeah i love my daggers of serafi......and my carriguine-rucar......ehh i guess ur right ^_^....

joluh
Jan 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
I love my Uransaras and Delpis <333, I'm mostly a Force of course, but I'll probabbly go train hunter class later, using that Carriguine-Rucar, I know there's a better Double Saber but meh 3: it's not as pretty, rawr.

Wander117
Jan 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
On 2008-01-01 05:20, joluh wrote:
I love my Uransaras and Delpis <333, I'm mostly a Force of course, but I'll probabbly go train hunter class later, using that Carriguine-Rucar, I know there's a better Double Saber but meh 3: it's not as pretty, rawr.

ohhh ohhh i found so many of those Uransaras rods......i want to switch to a force just to see what it looks like....hmmmm.....ohhh and uhhhh don't get the ragun-ragun......it sucks......well thanubis might say it's epic but it looks like crap....and it has this very distracting aura that emits from it and makes the weapon look like it's farting or something...i hate it so much.....it's a waste of a mil.....oh i'm a very rich celebrity hunter at the colony and throughout the gurhal system.....lol...i have about...23 mil.......i wonder what's the most u can have...

joluh
Jan 1, 2008, 08:32 AM
LMAO "Farting Weapon" xD. I have about 10 million only, and yes, I wonder that too...

Let's keep this chat on the offline drop thread, we're totally switching the main point of this thread >_>;;

Wander117
Jan 1, 2008, 08:36 AM
On 2008-01-01 05:32, joluh wrote:
LMAO "Farting Weapon" xD. I have about 10 million only, and yes, I wonder that too...

Let's keep this chat on the offline drop thread, we're totally switching the main point of this thread >_>;;

okay yeah that's a good idea hehe....

Bitey
Jan 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
I always bring my PM first, for obvious reasons.

Then I bring Tonio. He is the only NPC that can break 1000 damage without beast mode and even better, he is the second best Healer (he heals for more than Lumia). Of course, you cannot forget Attack Beast mode either.

If I do not bring my PM, I bring Leo. His Dus Robado is level 30 and really hurts entire mobs when he uses it. Plus he has it linked to a high level Spear. Also, Attack Beast mode.

Pandorasbox
Jan 1, 2008, 08:47 PM
My two cents: PM. If not some good choices are:
Tonnio-hes the most aggressive attk type out of the npcs.
Hyuga-Decent attk skills heals quite a bit.
Lou-decent all rounder. Heals a fair share, fights, freezes with rifle.
Lumia-aggressive techer type.
Hope this helps but are obviously of my opinion.

IsoDonk
Jan 2, 2008, 06:34 AM
Always my PM; Tonnio if I'm using my FT, or Maya if I'm using my PT.

Gen2000
Jan 2, 2008, 11:43 AM
Leo, Tonnio and Maya are the best to me.

Leo is the best attacker and Maya is a great healer. Lou actually heals a lot now too but sadly it's only for like 250, I like her effort though and she looks better than Maya.

Tonnio is close up there with Leo but I don't like how he knocks enemies around since he tends to use Combo 2 of the PAs alot, this slows down my runs. Leo mainly just use Robado or Spinning Break for sick damage. He rarely uses Combo 3 of the PAs so he's not knocking the enemies all over the screen which works well with my FT. Tonnio excellent vs. mini-bosses and bosses though when paired with Leo.

Somehow Laia deals like 10 damage at lv.113...with an Axe, don't know what's the deal with her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-01-02 08:44 ]</font>

_K1_
Jan 5, 2008, 06:32 PM
On 2007-12-31 06:44, amtalx wrote:
You are kidding yourself if you think that any NPCs are combat effective (that I've seen anyway). Just pick something to stop those Diga balls. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifKeep Tonnio alive long enough to Nanoblast, and he's fairly helpful. I've been doing Sleeping Warriors S2 and he does pretty good damage against the Svaltuses.

But yeah, if you're not a force, NPCs are basically meat/metal (as the case may be) shields.

RedRaz0r
Jan 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
Leo/laia and your pm, hands down.

Gilliam
Jan 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
Leo and Laia, especialy if u can use resta on em, you'll get them nanoblasting once in a while. also they're both FF/hunter so they both use spears/hard hitting weps ect.

RedRaz0r
Jan 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
On 2008-01-09 09:09, Gilliam wrote:
Leo and Laia, especialy if u can use resta on em, you'll get them nanoblasting once in a while. also they're both FF/hunter so they both use spears/hard hitting weps ect.

exactly, leo/laia FTW

funnymatt
Jan 9, 2008, 03:36 PM
I used to always bring a beast (Tonnio/Leo/Laia) and my PM, but now I'm a Maya man all the way. I brought her in a mission just to see if she'd changed since I last brought her along about 6 months ago. I was out of scapes and got killed- Maya then cast Giresta and brought me back, and I was able to finish with an S rank. That's about the best thing an NPC has ever done for me.

OldCoot
Jan 11, 2008, 01:48 AM
I go with Tonnio and a PM mostly. Tonnio goes red if you can keep him going and he can and will clear the mob.

One unbeatable combo for a techer is thow out resta keeping Leo and Tonnio going so they both Beast. Fight over.

Non techer character. The right PM who heals often and has a decent Bst and Maya. Tried Lumina, but she spends a lot of time trying to hit things with attack techs.

Dopples
Jan 11, 2008, 03:57 AM
I usually use Leo and Hyuga, though I may switch Leo for Tonnio if what I hear from you guys is true. Extra damage is always nice =)

GuerillaPimp
Jan 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
personally, i bring Laia and Hyuga when i Play a FO class. if i play HU or RA i bring Lumia and Maya for support