PDA

View Full Version : Router and or Adapter issues.

EphekZ
Dec 31, 2007, 04:32 AM
So, here's the deal. Recently, probably about a week or two, my adapter started randomly disconnecting itself from the network. This was on an XP operating system. If I reconnected via the computer it would give me a limited or no connectivity error. However, if I disconnected the router and cable box it would work fine. On saturday, I got a new computer, which is running on Vista. The same problems persist, and I have no idea what to do. I talked to the manufacturer, Linksys, and they insisted it was a driver issue. Which may be the case, but it doesn't explain the problem on XP.
Any insight?

KodiaX987
Dec 31, 2007, 09:09 AM
The router checklist:

1) If using wireless, go wired.

2) If wired, try a different wire and/or port.

3) Update the router firmware to the latest version.

If all else fails, sacrifice a virgin to Kali and hope for the best.

EphekZ
Dec 31, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-12-31 06:09, KodiaX987 wrote:
The router checklist:

1) If using wireless, go wired.

2) If wired, try a different wire and/or port.

3) Update the router firmware to the latest version.

If all else fails, sacrifice a virgin to Kali and hope for the best.

Thanks, Kodia, for an Incredibly Useless Answer

No shit, I would go wired if I had the ability, it's not something I can do though.

KodiaX987
Dec 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
You're welcome. Remind me not to help you if I find you in the midst of a flaming car crash on the highway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-12-31 13:30 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-12-31 10:47, EphekZ wrote:
Thanks, Kodia, for an Incredibly Useless Answer

No shit, I would go wired if I had the ability, it's not something I can do though.

That shitty attitude and fact covers #1 but not 2 or 3.

Try to be grateful anyone responded and if #1 didn't apply, go to the supplied #2 or 3, then discuss without being Angryman Dinner how those could or could not help you.

With such a response to possible help, should anyone want to help you in the future?