PDA

View Full Version : How to run BB on Vista.

Turbobrain
Dec 31, 2007, 08:24 AM
In case any of you are still having problems, here is a quick and dirty guide. Also I thought I'd throw in a tip on what to do if for some reason notepad wont allow you to save files for whatever reason;)

Just thought I'd share how to fix this.

1. When you've done downloading ALL files, install BB.
2. Rightclick on PSOBB(Icon on desktop) goto compatibility at Privledge level change to 'RUN as administrator'.
3. Just a general tip here, if Vista wont let you modify certain files then whatever program in Administrator mode(ie notepad, right click click 'run in administrator mode' then you'll be able to save files that previously you could not)... read in between the lines here!

Keyboard issues.
1. Goto Control panel> keyboards+languages> etc. Add keyboard Japan AND Japanese IME, goto Japanese IME properties at Input Method to Romanji, defual Kay input mode> fell length Katakana and Space Always full length.

Thats how it's done! I've been pretty sketchy withn the directions but I'm sure you'll all figure it out in no time.

This also works on PSU and the GG issues(changing the game to run in Admin mode) and if you want to use those funky symbols the language thing is usefull to!

If anyones still stuck, or is having problems I'll try and go into more depth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-07 05:36 ]</font>

Dhylec
Dec 31, 2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, though it's late, but this looks like it could be helpful to anyone trying to run on Vista. I'll have this added to the sticky list so it can be bumped & referred to.

zmike1981z
Jan 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
i also went into the folder and with administration abilties, made all three exe files open in windows xp mode. it seems to work on my laptop and my girlfriends laptop.