PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy in trilogies?

mariwan
Dec 31, 2007, 08:46 PM
NES or aka Famicom:
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III

SNES:
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI

Playstation:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

Playstation 2:
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII

Playstation 3:
Final Fantasy XIII(the rpg one of course)

So i guess XIV is the next and XV is the last for the current console? Oh and im talking about the main titles, the spin-offs,remakes,and true sequels shouldnt be included.

Its been coming in 3s where the first is very successful, the second is like..."hope it can be as good as the first in its system"(excluding FFXI since its online) and the last being a good game. *ahem* putting that aside its a trilogy for some reason...

Well if you wanna know more about the games go here... http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Please Discuss

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 08:53 PM
that's just because they can squeeze out about 3 per the life of the system, not because they intended it

THE JACKEL

Mixfortune
Jan 1, 2008, 01:45 AM
Oh and im talking about the main titles, the spin-offs,remakes,and true sequels shouldnt be included.

Not sure why this would be the case, as it's not necessarily like the unnumbered titles are any lesser in terms of being a game, nor are most of the numbered titles really a new heading for a line of miniseries.

Just seemed like a bit too heavy on the limitations to claim a trend is all, especially if Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, etc. would be considered "spin-offs" or what have you.

But, yeah, there's no huge gap between generations or anything like that.

TetsuyaHikari
Jan 1, 2008, 01:56 AM
Also, a lot of the titles listed were released for other platforms as well, such as the PSP, DS, and PC. So..it's not really following any kind of order, lol.

Not to mention..isn't it a little unfair to say the spin-offs and such don't really count, even though you count FFXI which is just an online title? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That wasn't just for the PS2 either. I know a lot of people (including myself) that actually liked FFT for Playstation and would swap that with VIII in your list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

geewj
Jan 1, 2008, 08:38 AM
I don't care, Tactics counts.

And the GBA version of it is the devil. Don't believe it's lies.

AlexCraig
Jan 1, 2008, 01:21 PM
And here I am still playing Mystic Quest. I don't care what anyone says, I liked that game, crappy dialogue and all.

mariwan
Jan 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
.... hmmm i think you misunderstood... i was talking about how many FF numbered titles they were going to make per console and i mean the numbers like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc. I was putting the other FF titles aside cause they werent numbered... i didnt say they were lower type of games, hell i liked tactics and i still wanna try playing FF Crystal Chronicles(its a little old but i wanna play it even if its by myself). Played Mystic Quest too a while back, thought it was the first FF released by Square hahahaha. Im just trying to make a line of the Numbered FF titles from when it was first released------- Im curious if it continues with FFXIV and ends with FFV or will it continue to FF(??)? not making it a *numbered* trilogy.

I know this is off-topic but can someone tell me how many more expansions till FFXI dies... oh wait not dies... hmm well let me rephrase that.. how many more expansions are they planning to make before they intend on planning what to do next with FFXI once they accompish that since it seems that they're already making a new MMOrpg(which has no info at all).

UnderscoreX
Jan 1, 2008, 05:23 PM
It's as lkljljjjjhhgfs said, the main line Final Fantasy games take a long ass time to develop. I really doubt it was intentional for them to space it out like that.

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2008, 12:49 AM
Anything after 6 doesn't matter. ;3