PDA

View Full Version : New Player Questions

Tokori
Dec 31, 2007, 11:07 PM
I have a couple questions that me and another new player were very confused about...so here they are...

[1] Why are there sparkly stars next your name sometimes?

[2] Is 110 the level cap?

[3] Does the expansion help you level any faster? I've been playing for like 11 hours and am only level 17...any way to speed that up?

Tokori
Dec 31, 2007, 11:10 PM
Oh and one more question regarding SEGA...

Why is it that, if we are paying a fee to play online, other characters lag so much. Does SEGA hope to improve anything about this with the servers speed and what not? Anyone have some sites that explain SEGA's work and progress with the game?

A2K
Dec 31, 2007, 11:15 PM
[1] This is your "luck" or "photon fortune" or "photon luck" or "super holy light" or... well, it's known by a bunch of different names. It has an affect on several things such as meseta and item drops and grinding, although how significant the influence is debated constantly.

[2] That's what it is... for now, anyway. The game actually launched with a LV50 cap. It's periodically raised, and apparently the final cap post-AOTI will be 200.

[3] Since the original games' release the road to LV100 was sped up. This is for both PSU and PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus.

[4] A lot of things could be affecting the connection. Are you certain it isn't anything on your end? What platform are you on?

Schuler
Dec 31, 2007, 11:23 PM
A2k hit the nail on the head. I dont know what to tell you about the lag. It has always been there for me. If you like the game dont let it bother you. BTW leveling to the cap still takes days worths of hours even with the new update so be prepared.