PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console Wii

RedMussel
Jan 1, 2008, 05:46 PM
Do you think any of the older Phantasy Star games would make it on the Wii?

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 1, 2008, 05:55 PM
The original Phantasy Star was on the Sega Master System, a console that is currently not being VC'd by the Wii. But if they do add an SMS section in the Shop Channel, I'd imagine Phantasy Star to be the first SMS game there.

Phantasy Star II-IV though, being on the Genesis...what's keeping them? Oh well, I have those on Sega Genesis Collection for PS2.

RedMussel
Jan 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
I hope the add them soon, i want to try out a few of the older game. :]

Getintothegame
Jan 1, 2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/628/phantasy-star-ii.php

This is coming out in Japan this month. We shouldn't be too far behind them. They'll probably release the others soon after.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
Well, if you don't wanna wait for it to get on the Wii, get it for the PS2! Sega Genesis Collection, for $20 or $30, I forget which (might actually be lower), you can get Phantasy Star II, III and IV (and I believe II and III have reduced difficulty---which means less time spent grinding up exp), as well as some other games that were on the Genesis like Ristar, Sword of Vermillion and Altered Beast. (I forget what else was on there.)

If you're itching for Phantasy Star I though, you can get Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA which has Phantasy Star I, II and III. (The sound in III is awful though.)

Dragwind
Jan 2, 2008, 04:45 PM
This is pwnzome, i'm excited.

Randomness
Jan 4, 2008, 11:37 PM
Nice... been wanting to try the original games since I got hooked by PSO.

Now, they just need to release to other 3, and make sure to send them all across the Pacific.

Besides, I haven't had a reason to use any channel other than Disc in forever.

Dragwind
Jan 7, 2008, 10:33 PM
My guess is we will see another PS game follow after that one.