PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Display Problems on PC Version of PSU: Please Help

Kythri_Ayn
Jan 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
I have been playing PSU throughout the entire "Offline" Story Mode for my PC. Throughout this experience, I noticed that each character seemed to be lacking certain parts of their bodies. Ethan had no shoulders, Leo was missing his chest and back, Maya lacked her right arm. Despite this, the game played fine: their was no lag, the game never shut down unexpectedly, and I had very little audio difficulty. However, I have started playing the Extra Mode, and plan to join the actual online community soon. Does anybody have any idea as to what the problem may be with my game? If so, any help you may offer would be GREATLY appreciated!

SabZero
Jan 2, 2008, 09:06 AM
Most likely you have an incompatible graphics card, this happens for example with the nVidia MX440.

Kythri_Ayn
Jan 2, 2008, 01:14 PM
My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU. Would you know if it's incompatible? Like I said, the rest of the game runs perfectly fine, aside from the occasional musical breaks, which always comes right back when I enter a new block or finish my current mission.

SabZero
Jan 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
Yea, I think that's the one. Although the minimum stated is GeForce4 series or higher..

Kythri_Ayn
Jan 4, 2008, 11:27 AM
That's what confused me about it. Since my card is within the series that the box says is required, I would figure that it wouldn't have any display problems. I guess it may be an exception? It's not like it's a huge deal or anything...I can still play perfectly fine. I would just like to be able to see my and other characters completely...kind of a luxury, I suppose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SabZero
Jan 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well, it happened to me with the 440 MX. Maybe you can find a deal on the next (or two) version model up, what with xmas having passed.

Kythri_Ayn
Jan 4, 2008, 04:10 PM
here's hoping...I may just wait though, and get a nice laptop instead. I'll be going to UMSL next fall...so I may as well just wait and get a good laptop to work with instead...no point updating my family's computer for nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif