PDA

View Full Version : wat'sthe summary of will smith's Legend movie about? (spoile

Saner
Jan 2, 2008, 04:43 PM
I can't stand that actor anymore but can anyone just summarize wats happens in the movie? and the result?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ketchup.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif

DizzyDi
Jan 2, 2008, 05:01 PM
[spoiler-box]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2891/fredse0.jpg

HOW'D YOU GET IN THE SPOILER BOX FRED!?
HOW'D YOU GET HERE FRED!?
NO! NONONONONONONO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!
FRED YOU BETTER TELL ME IF YOU'RE REAL!
FRED!?
GODDAMIT FRED![/spoiler-box]

jayster
Jan 2, 2008, 05:29 PM
A lady creates a cure for cancer but it ends up killing off everyone, it became airborn. 90% of the people who caught it died. The other 10% became zombies. Almost everyone in the world caught it besides like 1% of the population who was immune to it, alot of them still get killed by the zombies though. But will smith is living in New york by himself with his dog. He's trying to find a cure for the virus. The zombies only come out during the night and in the dark so he locks himself up in his house at night time. One day he sets a trap to catch a zombie to use as a test subject for a possible cure. One of the zombies see's the trap work on it's zombie friend and sets up a simular trap for him using a manican that was setup inside a cd store (the zombie placed the manican outside). Will smith see's the manican standing outside and flips because it's not real and can't move by himself. He shoots the manican and while walking over, he gets caught by the trap and hangs there until night time. The zombie returns with it's zombie dogs and his dog gets bit by the zombie dogs. He ends up escaping and bringing his dog back to try and cure him, it doesnt work and he kills the dog. Then he goes out at night to try and kill all the zombies in a suicide attempt but some lady and her son saves him. she brings him back to his house and tells him about a survivers hideout up in the mountains. and the next night they find out that the zombies had followed them. They try and hide downstairs in his lab and they find that the cure was working on the zombie he captured. He put the lady and her son in a secret door with the cure while the zombies broke in and went for Will smith. Will detenates a grenade and kills himself and the zombies allowing the lady and boy to escape to the hideout and give them the cure. the end.

BlaizeYES
Jan 2, 2008, 06:26 PM
lol. why watch a movie when you can read a better book? i havent seen the movie, and from what it sounds in the movie, theres no real reason for the title of "i am legend." doesnt sound like hes a legend in the movie.

"saving children one city at a time by killing himself." it already sounds like thats completely different from the book right there. BS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlaizeYES on 2008-01-02 15:28 ]</font>

Split
Jan 2, 2008, 07:18 PM
...the man who single handedly allowed the human race to rebuild...

that's pretty legendary dude. Besides, it's not supposed to follow the book closely. In the book, the zombies were freakin vampires, and it took place in like the 50's. Been a while since I read it, but the movie's real good and should be considered a story in and of itself

Zelutos
Jan 2, 2008, 08:08 PM
On 2008-01-02 14:01, DizzyDi wrote:
[spoiler-box]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2891/fredse0.jpg

HOW'D YOU GET IN THE SPOILER BOX FRED!?
HOW'D YOU GET HERE FRED!?
NO! NONONONONONONO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!
FRED YOU BETTER TELL ME IF YOU'RE REAL!
FRED!?
GODDAMIT FRED![/spoiler-box]

Ahahaha that part was funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well...he wasn't in the spoiler box >_>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 2, 2008, 10:05 PM
I watched it New Year's Eve.

Seemed to be missing one spot from those trailers with zombie cancer smash dudes surrounding him and breathing in his ear.

Perhaps alternate ending/DVD deleted scene it went.

Agree from reviews the ending was kinda inconclusive, stayed through 99% of the credits, but no extra stuff, nobody reported any extra stuff after the credits so I guess I'm good there and will have to wait out the DVD release.

On 2008-01-02 13:43, Saner wrote:
I can't stand that actor anymore but can anyone just summarize wats happens in the movie? and the result?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ketchup.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif

You want the entire movie and ending without reading any reviews or wiki's or the entire internets of info at your disposal? (you did get it above, 1 hour 40-that goes by fast- compressed into a one paragraph run on post)

Drop the $10 for some Matinee and enough left over for McFatty food smileys.

Monochrome
Jan 2, 2008, 11:32 PM
Cast Away + 28 Days Later = I Am Legend

Saner
Jan 3, 2008, 12:41 AM
k thanx for info.

SubstanceD
Jan 3, 2008, 03:47 AM
On 2008-01-02 15:26, BlaizeYES wrote:theres no real reason for the title of "i am legend." doesnt sound like hes a legend in the movie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlaizeYES on 2008-01-02 15:28 ]</font>

I think the Movie was called "I Am Legend" because of Will Smiths' character ( sorry, I can't remember the name ) facination with the album: Bob Marley - Legend. In the film he gives a quote from Bob Marley and at the end of the film the woman uses that same qoute and says that This is Will Smiths' character's Legend.

I saw this movie on Boxing Day and I had mixed reactions to it. I did not hate it, but I was dissapointed because I thought it was going to be a very different movie. Still, the first half of movie is very good, it's shame that the movie falls apart when the dog dies. The rest of movie goes straight down the toilet when the woman apears and it ends in very aruptly and in a very anti- climatic way.

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2008, 03:49 AM
How can you not stand Will Smith? He IS the legend.

omegapirate2k
Jan 3, 2008, 07:33 PM
On 2008-01-03 00:49, EphekZ wrote:

Obviously racism is to blame.

Damn Racists.

And that Fred part was hilarious.

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2008, 07:39 PM
On 2008-01-03 16:33, omegapirate2k wrote:

Obviously racism is to blame.

Damn Racists.

And that Fred part was hilarious.

lol yes.

Siertes
Jan 3, 2008, 07:53 PM

I think someone needs to inform the OP of the "Will Smith Timeline"

NPCMook
Jan 3, 2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/417535 This would have been a better version of I am Legend

InfinityXXX
Jan 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
well after reading the spoilers....I'm glad i didn't see it or even get it bootlegged next door....

Anduril
Jan 5, 2008, 02:59 AM
What, to me, was so great about this movie is that it is possible for the larger plot to happen. I mean who's to say that our next miracle cure won't inadvertently doom us all?

jayster
Jan 5, 2008, 10:45 AM
I thought it was a good movie. It's personal opinion. Alot of people loved it, alot of people didn't.

DizzyDi
Jan 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
I liked it but I'm sure the book is 10x better.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 5, 2008, 05:20 PM
IMDB spoiled it for me from its quotes part.
[spoiler-box]
"I like Shrek"
"It was just, I was saving that bacon!"
[/spoiler-box]
Had to laugh at cancer zombie vampire SUV mowdown from basically doing that soo much in Dead Rising. But the full speed running into the car to immediately crap out dead seemed doubly funny.

Tigerram
Jan 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
I thought the movie was good. I had mixed reactions also about it. When Sam died, I agree the movie fell apart, lol. But that's the nature of a German Shephard. They protect their masters. So that stayed true to the fact. Then when he called her Samantha, I thought Sam was male, lol. Her being a female made even morse sense, females are more aggressive. Anyway, it wasn't bad to me. He did become a legend in the movie because he was the one that created the cure. To not say he wasn't, including the Bob Marley quote from what the woman was narrating at the end, iis saying it just went over the viewer's head. He was a legend.