PDA

View Full Version : Online: connection error No.102

coolmatt41
Jan 3, 2008, 02:59 AM
Yesterday I tried for hours to connect to the private, free PSO server. I have PSO ep.1&2 for Gamecube and recently bought a working Broadband Adapter for the Gamecube as well. When I attempt to log on I get to a screen that says "Connecting with *******" or something along those lines and then receive a message saying "No.102. There is a problem with your provider, please check your provider settings, etc."

I have found out by reading many posts on forums (including this one) that error No.102 is a problem for a lot of people. On those threads they complain about similar problems to me, but never have the actual solution. I will attempt to explain as accurately as I can how I have set up my Gamecube internet.

I have followed the connection instructions in **********'s connection guide for Gamecube except for the fact that I needed to set a static IP address because otherwise I received Error No.015 (but that's another story).

OK, so I connect my Gamecube directly to my Broadband modem (I know that they aren't technically called modems with broadband, but I'll call it that anyway). I have already checked using command prompt the static IP address for that modem by typing ipconfig /all (by doing this I received the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway for what the computer calls "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection"). I entered these three strings of numbers into the part of the Network Settings section of PSO where you select to manually enter an IP address rather than automatically get assigned one by DHCP.

I then pinged a couple of DNS's and entered *********'s adderss as the primary DNS and I can't remember which other ones I used, but I used lots. I tried to connect using these settings, but received the above error message.

I have tried a large number of combinations of DNS addresses, including just entering one address into primary, trying all of the DNS addresses that people recommend, etc. but to no avail. I cannot get the Gamecube to connect to the server.

Please can somebody help me! I lost hope a couple of weeks ago of ever playing PSO online again when I heard that the servers had gone down, but now I have the opportunity to do just this but can't connect! Please help.

Polite Notice - please don't reply to this post saying "Use these DNS addresses because they work for me" or "Have you tried Captain N's DNS address?" Yes I have. I would like to know if the problem is on my end or on the servers' ends. If someone has gone through the same problem as me and knows how to fix it please let me know.

*****Please do not mention the private server/s by name as it is against the forum rules.********

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2008-01-03 16:55 ]</font>

Freeze
Jan 3, 2008, 07:49 PM
This topic is completely against forum rules. Some one needs to go and read the rules before posting. Please read the sticky in PSO General.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freeze on 2008-01-03 16:52 ]</font>