PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone. My first post and first questions!

Defend
Feb 28, 2001, 04:26 PM
I've been reading all this for a while now. I've got the JAP pirate version of PSO, which is barely tiding me over until we get the original released. Here in Australia we have had not one online game released yet, yes, not even Chu Chu Rocket. We do manage to connect to the US servers in most online US games, but the ping is pretty poor.

Anyway, I'm looking at waiting two weeks for it to be released in Australia (and even that is an unbelievable dream come true for us Aussies.. just think, an online game!), so I'm considering getting it from simplygames.com instead. The UK version you see, as we hear that the UK servers are now (finally) open to us here in Oz (like they should have been i nthe first place.. hell, someone even set up a server in New Zealand, kiwis getting fast ping on US Quake 3! Argh!)

Now my question is does anyone see any problems I might have using UK PSO here in Australia? Can someone outline exactly what happens when you sign up and connect with PSO on a UK version of PSO? Could someone also explain how it works with a US version, because in my Jap copy, I haven't even got my DC registered, so really haven't tried anything at all (but I know it won't work).

Or is the UK version just exactly the same. If so, here's another question for ya. When you look at the guild card in the JAP version, offline, it says Japan. So wouldn't it say England or something if they were the same? What does it say now anyway for you Englanders out there?

Alotta questions I know, so any info will be appreciated, I'm really hanging out for this game.

I might change my character a bit, but I'll still be a small HUnewearl. I can't see how any other character is better. My ID will be Skyly! *yay*

Defend
Mar 1, 2001, 12:31 PM
Well that went off with a bang, not even a hello... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Danger_Girl
Mar 1, 2001, 12:42 PM
Well I can't answer any of your questions because....er....well I'm a bit to much of a dope http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
But I can say Hello!!!!!
Welcome to the posts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif
It's good to have ya!

gideon
Mar 1, 2001, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately I have no idea.. although if its anything like the US version you will just dial in to your standard ISP... sorry...

And welcome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Elrathan
Mar 1, 2001, 01:24 PM
First I would like to say:

<font size=6 color=blue><marquee>
HELLO THERE
</marquee>
</font>

And secondly your post brings up a question of my own. I have the US version, but live in Germany. How do I find these Europe servers? I have been playing on US servers and I am sure I would get better ping times on Europe servers.

[addsig]"There's such a thing as being so open minded your brains fall out."[/b]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Elrathan on 2001-03-01 10:24 ]</font>

Defend
Mar 1, 2001, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys and gal.

Elrathan, what I do know is that for European gamers, the PAL games were supposed to enter a DreamArena network, located in the UK, but for some reason they made it lock out everyone EXCEPT the UK. Pretty dumb. I don't know about the rest of Europe, but this is the reason Australia hasn't gotten one single online game.

Now apparently SoE have gotten this DreamArena open to the rest of the world now, so finally we can get some online gaming happening.

My question to you is; is it true that the US version lets you pick from any PSO server in the world???

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 1, 2001, 03:04 PM
Of course it does, don't they all? BTW, Elrathan, it's reeeaaally easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif. Just scroll down the ship list to the bottom where it should say ship:EU and ship:JP, then select ship:EU and Tah-Dah, you're there. It can happen sometimes that only JP appears. You then select it and go to EU from there.

Elrathan
Mar 1, 2001, 03:51 PM
Thanks Neon, that was what was happening to me. Only showing the Japan ships and not the European ships I will do as you suggest here in about...oh 10 minutes. Man work is really dragging today.

Rei
Mar 1, 2001, 04:39 PM
Check yur DC region. You better get the same version of PSO as your DC region so that you can heal/revive teammates.

Defend
Mar 2, 2001, 07:46 AM
Rei, is that a definite fact, or just your findings? Also, does the UK PSO access US servers at all? I'm thinking of getting the US version instead, so that revive thing could be important.

And is it true that you can't even play the US version OFFLINE without the access key?!?!

Aberu
Mar 2, 2001, 09:44 AM
well i think i am gettin myself a reputation i hope cuz this is my 30th post in about 3 days of goin on this site so.. hehe... im cool.... nah j/k... well anyways, defend, do not pirate games, please think of all the people that work hard to make those games and then they find out that 3% of the copies of that game are pirated so then they wont get credit for it. And pirating hurts the little people more because stock holders of Sega, Square and many other game development companies are hurt each time they lose money to some stupid person who isnt willing to cough up a measly 60 bucks (in american dollars, i dont know what australian's currency is). 60 bucks aint that much, only get the games you absolutely want. Please refrain from piracy, it is wrong thats why the pirates were bad in the old days, cuz they stole from merchants and that hurt all of the tax payers in europe. same deal nowadays with game pirates. well thank you for reading this and please discontinue pirating anymore games, my friends dad is a software programmer and it hurts him and he has stock in his company so it hurts him even more. And i have noticed that mostly everybody but japan pirate a lot of games, and dont contradict me, i know many japanese and i dont hear of them pirating games, if you cant pay for a game, get a job. simple as that. peace... damned pirates...

Defend
Mar 3, 2001, 06:41 PM
I'm buying the damn game. Its not out here yet. And its 100 bucks.. er.. that's 100 litres of milk in our currency.