PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Unknown Update Help

Syonu
Jan 5, 2008, 10:20 AM
I tried to log in to PSU this morning and it said that there was an update that I had to download. No biggy right?

Well according to the rest of my friends who play PSU, they never recieved any such update. They logged right in and played. When I tried to down this mysterious update, it says that I couldn't download, and that I should check my connection settings.

Has anyone else recieved this message and if so how do I fix it? I've tried restarting my Xbox, all my other games work, but I keep getting some "update" for no reason that won't download.

Midicronica
Jan 5, 2008, 10:49 AM
I've experienced this before. It's been happening because of Xbox Live's lagginess. Um, the only help I can give you is to log on and off and keep trying.

Syonu
Jan 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
I just got off the phone with the rather incompetent people at Xbox Live Support. Apparently, this update that my Xbox keeps recieving isn't in there "Update Records".

So my Xbox is trying to download a "Phantom Update" from virtually no where and I'm stuck with no PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The only thing they said to do was to wait 5 hours and then try again so I'll keep you guys posted for anyone who cares.

Complex_Jao
Jan 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
i care because the same fuckin thing happend to me and that 5 hours is gunna be a bitch

DarkEliteRico
Jan 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
Bet you got the lovely people in Manilla, they suck so much...constantly cleaning up their broke ass notes. Did they have you try clearing your cache at all or anything?

goaferboy
Jan 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm in the same situation. Although I actually do need an update. I cleared the cache and it didnt help at all. My update gets to about 95% then cant connect. I assume thats when its trying to download the "phantom" part of it.

Syonu
Jan 7, 2008, 03:15 PM
The "Phantom Update" finally downloaded last night at about 8 o'clock. I was quite relieved to actually being able to play online again.

I loaded PSU up for the second time last night after a fun frag session on Halo 3, and I was again assaulted by a necessary update for PSU.

Naturally, I was frightened that it would mess up again, but thankfully it downloaded without a hitch, and everything has been running good since.

McLaughlin
Jan 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
The 360 has a cache for Patch data. The cache can only hold a few games' worth of data. When you play a game you haven't played in a while, it makes you download a "patch." All that does is call up that game's patch data.

You likely couldn't "download" it because Xbox Live was on the fritz.