PDA

View Full Version : Timeout Error

Tigerram
Jan 7, 2008, 12:31 AM
Hey guys. It's pretty basic. I had a PS2 that kicked the bucket on me, so I bought a new one. So, I go to netowrk settings because of course, I have to re-set my network configurations on this new PS2. I get everything inputed, service provider, user ID and PW, etc. but my problem is testing the connection. I've gotten a timeout error 4 times in a row? Could anyone tell me what is up with this? Should I try to log on later or something? I've made sure everything is up to speed 3 times, just not understanding this. Thanks for the advice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tigerram
Jan 7, 2008, 12:52 AM
Sorry for double post, I have Cox as my provider, and have a cable modem (high speed internet). I use an ethernet cable from my computer to my PS2.

Indica
Jan 7, 2008, 09:34 PM
How did you configure your PS2 network settings? You basically have 2 ways, Static or Dynamic.

Static- You enter the IP, Subnet, Default Gateway, DNS Manually
Dynamic- The PS2 will manually auto-detect these settings.

Im not sure what you are saying -- "I get everything inputed, service provider, user ID and PW, etc. but my problem is testing the connection."

Did you input a service provider, Password and ID in your PS2 Network Settings??? You dont need to do any of that.

For now just do basic Automatic Network Settings and dont choose my ISP requires to log in ..etc Just keep it basic.

Do you have a router at all? It splits your network connection to other devices in your house. Im confused by you saying you have an Ethernet Cable going from your PC to your PS2 directly.

It can be done but too complicated to tell you how to do this. You will need a special Crossover CAT-5 cable and need to setup Internet Connection Sharing on Windows XP..etc

Tigerram
Jan 8, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thank you for the advice, I thought I was doing something wrong myself, and that was the case. I'm sorry it sounded like it was confusing, but I set it up automatically like you said. I'm not savvy with online stuff half the time lol. Once again, Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif