PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Chaos320
Jan 7, 2008, 08:54 AM
Over the great and well needed winter break i took my great human Sonic and lvled him up to 49. Decided to become a Wartecher and lvled that amazing class up to 7 (that was the fun part).

I then decided to jump on my cast and lvled him up to 35 with the fotegunner class. Bought myself a Koltova (spelling?) gun and a S rank Song for Death. (even though no one wants to hear my life long story i do have questions so hate me if you will http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

But the few questions i encountered i would like the great people of PSO-World to help me out on if you will.

-With my current class (the human wartecher that is) is that a good class to be? the only reason i picked it for the fact i LOVE Single daggers and being able to heal/buff myself is a mojor plus.

-And two, when the hell did the Song for Death become such a cheep gun to have? the Kolotiva Gun was easyly 280,000 but i came accross the Song for Death for about 100,000 even cheeper.

-And last, Is being my human such a good choice? i know they "evenly suck at everything" but with the combinine classes would that help him out? or should i jump on my cast and work him up for even a stronger person to be?

again im sorry for the long a** post but i havent been on pso-world.com sence school let out in december. I would relly enjoy the help in your answers and for everyone to have a happy monday X(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-01-07 17:12 ]</font>

Da_trader
Jan 7, 2008, 09:04 AM
song of death is cheap cause everyone had like 1-4 cause of 1up and no one wanted it and another thing is play the game u want to play it dont let someone tell u how to play

Chaosgyro
Jan 7, 2008, 09:21 AM
Like Trader said, Song for Death was given out to nearly everyone during the 1up cup, and as most people don't use grenade weapons there is a major glut on the market right now. Once they all start to fall into gunner hands the remaining few will start to increase in price.

As for human - simply decide right now whether seeing other people use special abilities is going to bug you or not. Aside from that humans do very well, and indeed will compete for top honors in any hybrid class.

chaostroop3
Jan 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
i think humans are the best myself =] and wartecher is very good choice for a human as well

and as everyone else said, thare is just to much songs for death is circulation right now for them to be worth alot

btw i hate mondays XD

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
You won't have issues being one as a human. And yeah, 1-up kind of guarranteed Songs of death for almost everybody. It's a good weapon, but so incredibly common. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. Make great music and make great (and not so great) bosses die *ahem* become suppressed. That's right, we don't kill in this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-07 08:56 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Jan 7, 2008, 02:28 PM
Riight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif We supress monsters to the size of Coca-Cola cans, but they live http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ah, a day in the life of a Guardian.

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
Honestly the damage you do in the game doesn't matter in the end. Just keep the race you like.

Dragwind
Jan 7, 2008, 06:58 PM
*ahem* You don't have to be negative and see humans as "sucking" at everything. They actually don't have the worst stat in any area. They just dont have a single stat that shines out.

Also, play what you feel is most fun. Most people here will just tell you to play what they play and give you bs reasons, lol.

Pillan
Jan 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
Suck is relative. You still get within 16% of Beast damage using the same gear on anything that uses ATP and 16% of Newman damage on anything that uses TP, so it's not a huge loss. If that doesn't sound very appealing to you, you may wish to consider a race change.

Anyway, if you don't intend to use techs for damage at any point in your career, Cast is probably your best choice. They're the obvious choice for those who want to do both melee and ranged damage, or have an android or big gun fetish. Otherwise, stick to human. It's not going to make much of a difference in your melee/ranged performance, but it will have a huge drop in tech-output.

Feign
Jan 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
On 2008-01-07 05:54, Chaos320 wrote:
-i know they "evenly suck at everything"

Whoever told you that is a hater who hasn't done their homework. Humans who take hybrid classes are staggeringly powerful. Like some other people said, your stats will be awesome, but you don't get SUVs or Nanoblasts. That's the only real decisive factor: To uber, or not to uber...

littleman2347
Jan 7, 2008, 07:44 PM
Humans dont suck at everything, they just can do everything ok (if not good in my opinion) just not great.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
I saw this somewhere on the forums once, and I'll try and remember it word for word, but don't get on me for being off a bit: "Humans are never a bad choice for a specific job, but they're never the best choice for a specific job either."

ninexio
Jan 7, 2008, 09:13 PM
It's "Humans are never the worst choice, but rarely the best."

Chaos320
Jan 7, 2008, 11:54 PM
lol thanks guys for all your input on my questions. The humans evenly suck at everything was a quote i seen one time when i started on the web site not to long ago. I do love my human char. don't get me wrong its amazing i just wanted some ideas.

Me now being 49 (hopefully 50 after tonight) has me into this game like a mug. and any information i can collect is very helpful. Just trying to be the best i can be for what i can do.

You guys are very helpful and i thank you for that and hope more ideas come my way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HalfDarShadow
Jan 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
i think of it as this.

Human: All around, great for people who just started

Beast: Melee type, high HP better off as a fighting then magic, more for Intermediate players. (special/Beast Form)

Cast: Long ranged, Evened HP gunner type, another suggestion for intermediate players.
(special/SUV)
Newman: Magic, low HP low attack, but high magic hit(something like that), good for people who have more experience in the game.

thats how i think of it. if u want more specific details on stats, just create a new character, look at its stats, delete the character and create a new one but a different race and so on.

but basically play the way that fits youh, that youh enjoy playing. The reward is better in the end^^

gryphonvii
Jan 8, 2008, 12:20 AM
I love my human more than any of my other characters, I can be any class evenly well since most of my Pa's are decent;y leveled along with my classes. Goes well with me since I'm an indecisive person. My record is 15 class changes in 3 days. Around the time they released the 90 cap.

HalfDarShadow
Jan 8, 2008, 12:23 AM
same here. i have a lvl 61 human fighgunner and its my favorite and i love it.

and to be honest with youh it doesnt matter was class youh are on any race, it may be harder but if your having fun everything will be okay^^