PDA

View Full Version : The Ring of Death

CandGoodCam
Jan 9, 2008, 04:37 PM
my xbox got screwed up right before the winter event!

does anyone no how to fix it besides the "Towel Trick"

beatrixkiddo
Jan 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
http://forums.xbox.com/11/ShowForum.aspx

JinxoOrougeOo
Jan 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
when i got em i booted my xbox cuz i was so pissed and then its worked ever since i also have an intercooler tho so id try the intercooler just to be safe

Chuck_Norris
Jan 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
Other than the towel trick, you can just send it into microsoft as far as i know.

-Tidus_415-
Jan 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
Mines died 3 days ago too...Currently towel tricking it till I get the box from M$ to send it in. After that ima be using my friends 360 for the event.

fay
Jan 9, 2008, 05:23 PM
iv had ,y 360 do the red ring of death aswell. i just bought the elite after it.

as for the broken one though. my friend bought it off me and we fixed it.
what we did was:

searched online. found this thing called an "x clamp". being computer nerds that we are we took the 360 appart right down to the motherboard. we took all fans etc off the motherboard.
next we used artic silver heatsink paste to put the xclamp on the motherboard. afterwards we plugged the power cable in and turned the 360 on (without any fans. just the motherboard, processor etc.. kept it on for about 20 seconds. which made the paste hot and while cooling down it weilded itself into the board and the clamp. then we just had to stick the 360 back together.

that was about 4 months ago and its still working fine. nothign wrong in the slightest.. btw the xclamp was £10.

also a hunt for 360 users. if you cut the metal grating off the back of the 360 it gives better air control. its like having the intercooler but saves you the money. only downside to it is you have the hole in the back of it lol

June_Mermaid
Jan 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
well u have it better than me i ripped my disc tray out >< so i have to buy another one but its no big deal i work fulltime @ delta airlines so i can buy the core xbox