PDA

View Full Version : why.....(about main page)

majan
Jan 9, 2008, 10:42 PM
why is it that the psow AOI launch party is over but yet we still have the first sticky article as being that launch party? it kinda drowns out all of the other news thats slightly more important,not that community news isnt important,but should that really be locked as the first and foremost article when we have an event coming up along with an update? just a request that things could be bounced back to the normal way. thanks.

Getintothegame
Jan 10, 2008, 02:02 AM
Scroll down just a little bit if you're talking about the main page. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The main news is below that news article.

As for the forum post in PSU General, it's still there due to the fact the winners have not been announced yet. They should be announced sometime soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

majan
Jan 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
yep I kno you had to scroll down a bit i was just wondering why a month-old thing was still in the spot of the breaking news. like I said its not like Im against community stuff but it seems to me like,maybe while we wait for the winners to be announced,we could let that take a backseat because people that just go to the main page just as a bridge to get to message boards and dont bother scrolling past cus they just want to go straight to message boards end up missing out on game-related info. maybe we cna shrink that page into a link about the contest so that people that are just passing through not paying huge attention to the main page can still see something they may not have at a glance? just a suggestion.

majan
Jan 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
I gotta bump this and bring this back up for discussion. with the winter event soon,I don't think its asking a whole lot to move or at least shrink that sticky news article about the raffle contest. like I said before it isn't like I'm anti-community,but theres going to probably be a lot of exciting things coming up in the near future that should take its place as the first news story that way people that go straight to message boards and don't bother scrolling down in case something newer may be down the page.

its a home page,so the most important things should be quickest to see at a glance. just an opinion I guess.

Ryna
Jan 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
We're leaving the story up for a bit longer than usual so all the prize winners will see it. Several of the winners haven't logged in a while and have only noticed they were winners while viewing the contest page.