PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Logitech Duel Action and you...

Atropos
Jan 10, 2008, 02:40 AM
Ok, I recently got a Logitech Duel Action controler to use to play this game on my PC with but I have been comeing across some major problems in regards to getting the game to let me use the controler. Namely setting up the button configs, and accually getting the thing to work. I have the Logitech software installed and updated. I set up a game profile in the Profiler, but so far i have not been able to get it to accually work. Can someone here tell me what im doing wrong? Or can someone at least point me in the right direction with a link or other thing please?

Yoshi_Ayarane
Jan 10, 2008, 02:50 AM
I own a Dual Action myself. You actually don't need to use their software at all in order for the controller to function in PSU, just the basic drivers (which Windows should automatically install upon first plug-in... I can personally vouch for this on Vista though I'm pretty sure XP would behave the same).

By default, the PSU controls with a Dual Action are about 80% identical to the PS2 version. I think the majority of the differences are in the equivalents of the circle/triangle/X/square buttons (some things might be inverted). You can always use PSU's gamepad configurator in the launcher to change stuff around, though.

Atropos
Jan 10, 2008, 03:47 AM
Thank you, i will try just useing the PSU config, i messed around with it a bit but couldnt get it to work right... it may be that the drivers were not installed so i will check that too.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
I had this controller, and used if about a year before the the rubber buttons inside ripped on me and i moved to a 360 wireless for pc. But yeah the logitech software isnt needed for psu. You have to use the psu configuration, After you get it all set up tho it works really really well. It more or less mimics a PS2 controller for your PC. After mine broke i moved over to the wireless 360 controller. Although the wireless RT and BT dont work for PSU with the 360 controller. But i moved over for all my other Vista games (Gears, Bioshock, Shadowrun, etc...) Because the logitech controller is not compatible with those games.

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
Don't try to use any controller's "profiler" to set keys to its buttons for games that already support controllers. The keypress emulation software always lags to some degree anyway (button presses aren't recognized until as much as a half second after the physical hit), and depending on the programming of each, you may end up confusing the crap out of both. I myself use a Logitech controller, and have never had any problems with it.

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-01-10 11:17, rogue_robot wrote:
Don't try to use any controller's "profiler" to set keys to its buttons for games that already support controllers. The keypress emulation software always lags to some degree anyway (button presses aren't recognized until as much as a half second after the physical hit), and depending on the programming of each, you may end up confusing the crap out of both. I myself use a Logitech controller, and have never had any problems with it.

half second, what? I've never had any problems with that. My keystrokes were always immediate...

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:23 PM
What he means is if you use the profiler software, any button presses you do on the controller, the signal will be sent to the profiler then to the game, which may turn out lagging depending on ur system. Compared to using the games configuration, which will pickup ur button presses as soon as you hit them.

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 02:29 PM
It varies by the profiler and the hardware, as well as what you have running on the computer. Sometimes they click almost as fast as without the keypress emulation (as fast being physically impossible - you're using the controller to emulate a keyboard, requiring you to both translate to the keyboard button and process the button command, rather than just do the processing part), sometimes they don't. On Pentium 4s, with a Saitek controller and its (potentially bloated) drivers, I've seen the delay get as bad as a half second almost all the time.

At any rate, I was just saying its best to avoid using the controller profiler to emulate keypresses whenever possible.

EDIT: ...yeah, what Will said, basically.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-10 11:29 ]</font>

Quikk
Jan 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc038/pc038-1.htm

This is what I use, allows me to use my PS2 controller.

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lol well i more or less meant what you meant. But if ur having problems finding out the configuration, I can look for my old logitech controller and map them out for you from the PS2 version. ive got the controller settings in my head ive just gotta see what button is what number on the logitech controller

l_Will_l
Jan 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
1 = Square =Normal Attack, Bullet, TECHNIC
2 = X = Enter. Talk, Search, Pick up item
3 = O = Cancel, Bring up action pallet
4 = Triangle = Striking weapon skill, TECHNIC
L5 = L1 = Lock on camera, next page
R6 = R1 = Switch weapon, next page
L7 = L2 = Page left
R8 = R2 = page right, Chat log
9 = Select =
10 = Start = Main menu display on/off, skip movie

11/12 are the analog stick when you press them down, i dont recall which analog is which number so jsut set them to your likeing. although the settings for them are to change between the name and id over someones head and the other is to go in and out of FPS mode. Also i havnt played on PS2 in forever so i cant remember what the select button does on PS2 PSU and i dont use it on pc so sorry bout that.

Atropos
Jan 18, 2008, 10:31 AM
I appologize for bumping such an old thread, but i still cannot get it to work, i have gone into the game options and set the controls as listed, then went into the game and set it to "Controller" in the in game options. What am i missing? do i still need the profiler on and just have it set to do nothing or what?

any help would be appreciated.

Feelmirath
Jan 18, 2008, 11:36 AM
Broke 2.

Never buying one again.

Psycho_Sonic
Jan 18, 2008, 04:57 PM
Quikk, how/where could i buy that converter?