PDA

View Full Version : Latest Nvidia drivers FTL

DraconisWRX
Jan 10, 2008, 06:21 AM
I have the drivers from Dec 20th and after reinstalling AOI and the drivers I just can't fix this... I should have never updated.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/draconis112/psu20080110_034617_000.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/draconis112/psu20080110_034908_001.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraconisWRX on 2008-01-10 03:22 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jan 10, 2008, 12:07 PM
If Anti-Alias is forced in the control panel disable it. Which latest drivers are you using anyway? The betas from Nvidia, the official release from Nvidia or betas/officials from some other place?

mphil145
Jan 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
I have the same drivers if you got them from the official nvidia site and I don't have any of those issues I'm running an evga 8800gt

DraconisWRX
Jan 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
Got the official drivers from nvidia, also running an 8800GT will double check all the settings again. Thanks

DraconisWRX
Jan 10, 2008, 09:09 PM
Turned off anything the would override the in game settings and it still persists. I noticed in the past that PSU would do this when I changed monitors and a reinstall would fix it. But I haven't changed my monitor for a rather long time.

DraconisWRX
Jan 10, 2008, 09:53 PM
meh i give up i cant seem to find what caused I even tried the latest drivers from EVGA. (My card manu) I'm sick of vista anyways time for a format and back to XP

mphil145
Jan 11, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hmm that is strange I am also running windows vista ultimate as well and I have never seen those issues before, I haven't messed around with any settings either. I understand your frustration with vista though, I have had my fair share of problems with it in the past that almost made me go back to XP....almost

DraconisWRX
Jan 11, 2008, 12:46 AM
Yea I've been running business Ed since it was released (I got it free, legit) And other than it not agreeing with my old hardware its been pretty solid. Also I mean I'm not blaming vista 100% on this seeing as how PSU is one of the most picky programs I've ever installed on a PC. For ex after installing PSU and AOI even with the latest DX from Microsoft I still had to run the DX installer from the install cd otherwise PSU would not start up. Then there is the issue where if you change monitors (Primarily from a crt to and LCD Wide) you see the same thing as my screenshots above and the only way I got it to fix was a removal of PSU reboot and reinstall. (Although no monitor change this time.) I also tested this on WoW and it has also taken a performance hit as well I used to run a steady 60-75 fps (With vsync) now i'm luckil to get above 40....

AlphaDragoon
Jan 16, 2008, 12:20 AM
My PSU runs perfectly on Vista Home Premium with an 8800GT. Sucks that you're having trouble.

Lukas
Jan 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
You running messenger plus by any chance?

CelestialBlade
Jan 18, 2008, 08:28 AM
I've gotten this before when messing with the nVidia control panel options on my 8600GT. I really doubt it's the drivers in and of themselves, this is the result of what looks like a transparency setting in your nVidia control panel. Play with any and all transparency settings (I'd be more specific but I'm not home right now) and see if it helps you any.

Azel-34
Jan 23, 2008, 07:32 AM
eh, it's exactly what Norvekh said... I know because when I got my card, I actually wanted to force anti-aliasing in the game... and it looked so damn beautiful... except for the fact that it made all 2D objects stand out by trying to smoothen them over a dark background T.T so yeah, it's exactly what he said, just go to the nvidia control panel, and make sure the antialiasing mode is application controlled and the antialiasing transparency is off.. also it's a good idea to leave everything else to 'application controlled' too - psu dont like much when u force it to do stuff it wasnt told to do by ST. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif