PDA

View Full Version : In the Name of the King

NPCMook
Jan 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
WOW... this movie was HORRIBLE, yes I know it was done by Uwe Boll, but just WOW HORRIBLE, I get paid to watch movies... but that movie was HORRIBLE

Shadowpawn
Jan 11, 2008, 11:57 AM
Write a review. Don't just tell it's horrible, give us juicy details!

TheOneHero
Jan 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-01-11 08:57, Shadowpawn wrote:
Write a review. Don't just tell it's horrible, give us juicy details!

Uwe Boll = no juicy details.

I figured as much the movie would be horrible just from the trailer; and I can tell you, I wouldn't have watched even if I was paid. Disgusting.

Monochrome
Jan 11, 2008, 09:07 PM
Someone must be paying to see all these Uwe Boll movies, they keep letting him make more..

*flashback to House of the Dead* ~barf!~

ABDUR101
Jan 11, 2008, 09:13 PM
Even if he makes alittle money off the movies, its good for him. Basically he gets movie licenses for shit that no one else cares to do, you know why? Because anyone with a serious movie that they want done right won't goto Boll; they goto people who know what the fuck they're doing.

All of Boll's movies are a catastrophe to the film industry and the original licenses from which he partook for the basis of the films. He milks what he can and moves on, he has no idea what the fuck the important things are in the original concepts, he just gets the license and runs like a brat with no real rhyme or rhythme. Quick-cash in really.

Everytime I see Uwe Boll, I think "There goes another franchise down the shitter."

NPCMook
Jan 11, 2008, 10:26 PM
Well technically, he's been exploiting a loop hole with germany's Taxes. He would shoot his movies in certain areas, and so forth, and there for make money off his horrible movies, but he can no longer do this so now he must actually make movies that are good!

Anyways you want a review, I can't give you a full review because I only caught maybe the last 20 minutes of the film.

First off. Ray Liotta's Wardrobe IS FAR TO MODERN FOR THE TIME PERIOD. He wears a leather trench coat, a silk collared button up shirt, and leather pants. Whoever was the wardrobe designer was should be blacklisted as if he was a suspecting commie and never allowed to work in any form of media AGAIN.

Jason Statham's character doesn't even have a real name, they just call him FARMER.

The forest they are in is like a big red wood forest where all you see is trees for miles. Here's the kicker, the Elves/Fey people swing from vines.

The Big war scene at the end is horrible, I'm no military strategist, but the good guys have the high point, and charge down at the enemy! I don't think its wise that to give up the high point THAT EASILY! Also, the movie takes play in Medieval times... and has NINJAS

The only thing this movie does good on is breaking the stereotype rule, the blackmen lead the army, and DON'T DIE. Infact the cool white guy dies.

The only reason I would recommend this movie is because it has to be the WORST movie of the year by far, watching this movie will make any other movie seem like pure fucking gold in comparison.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2008-01-11 19:29 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Jan 11, 2008, 10:44 PM
Um, correct me if I'm wrong but were Medieval Europe and Fedual Japan coinside in time eras? So it's really not that far-fetched (given that you supsend belief and believe that Japan had it's doors open to the western world during that time.)

Orange_Coconut
Jan 11, 2008, 10:52 PM
On 2008-01-11 19:26, NPCMook wrote:

Anyways you want a review, I can't give you a full review because I only caught maybe the last 20 minutes of the film.

I'm not entirely sure I could call anything the worst movie of the year if I had only seen around the last 20 minutes of it. I mean, sure, I could probably make assumptions as to how the movie went but they wouldn't necessarily be true.

I don't know, the movie may very well suck. But I don't think it's fair to really rate a movie with only knowing a portion of the film.

NPCMook
Jan 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
On 2008-01-11 19:52, Orange_Coconut wrote:

On 2008-01-11 19:26, NPCMook wrote:

I'm not entirely sure I could call anything the worst movie of the year if I had only seen around the last 20 minutes of it. I mean, sure, I could probably make assumptions as to how the movie went but they wouldn't necessarily be true.

I don't know, the movie may very well suck. But I don't think it's fair to really rate a movie with only knowing a portion of the film.

And apparently the last 20 minutes was so horrible that I had to warrant it being one of the worst movies of the year... and we're only 12 days into it

Sayara
Jan 12, 2008, 10:15 AM
Its like the last like 5 movies based on swordfighting, fantasy, medevil type stuff you've probably seen 6 times already!

with a pinch of SPARTA

McLaughlin
Jan 13, 2008, 02:43 AM
Tonight, WE DRESS OUR WOUNDS! Tomorrow, WE FIGHT.

Worst. Rip-off. Ever.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
I saw it yesterday with a pal of mine. I thought they just stole every bad guy (called Krugg) from the first season of Power Rangers. . . Except they gave them rusted weapons and armor. The clothing designer was awful. Almost every character seemed to wear clothing that was just too modern. The guy who acted as the sorceror (Gallion) has to be one of the worst actors I have seen in a long time. Character dialogue just seemed wrong. They were referring to God and the gods throughout the movie. Line's like "And God is also supposed to protect the innocent" and "It's the gods' decision" do NOT WORK.

In defense of the movie, that final battle where the army charges. . . Charging wasn't the worst idea. They had no more traps or ranged weaponry and most soldiers seemed to use long swords, not spears. The special effects were pretty good as well. They weren't overused so it was actually a special effect as opposed to "Oh, they're doing that again?"

Somehow I figured out in the movie that it was made from a book [series] that I've never heard of. Friend told me after the movie. This movie, in my opinion, could've made a much better series. It seemed that details came by too fast or just ignored things you'd want to know. They perfected this LACK OF DETAIL at the end when they killed Gallion. No, they did not explain how Farmer ruled as a king. They didn't show how he got out of the cave/castle. They did not show the peasants escaping. Hell, the TERRIBLE MEAN SORCEROR fucking let his guard down and got stabbed in the ribs by Farmer's wife who was kidnapped! Granted he was being attacked on two other sides but still. She just walked up to him. After Gallion dies, Farmer and his wife kiss and the movie ends.

ABDUR101
Jan 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
Welcome to an Uwe Boll movie cash-in.

Solstis
Jan 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
According to Rotten Tomatoes, this movie is better than Last Call.

Moo2u
Jan 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
Last Call is at 0%, it's not that hard to beat Last Call.

Dopples
Jan 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
After seeing this, I realize that the Golden Compass wasn't that bad.

NPCMook
Jan 13, 2008, 08:37 PM
lets not forget the Good sorcerer's emotionless daughter >.>

Example:When he dies, and gives her the last bit of his power, he shows the pain of forcing the final bit of his energy out, while she just stares on emotionless

Monochrome
Jan 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm actually curious to see this now. I just don't want to pay hard-earned money for it.

Well, I'm off to rob a toddler.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
Just pay up 8 bucks. Just make sure to invest in a large bucket of popcorn.