PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, the good old days...

sCI
Jan 13, 2008, 01:33 AM
Alright, I hope this doesn't sound too repetative of the last post, but I have been surfing this site for bout 3 years, and havent been a member for even a year yet, but I have always wanted to see what people would have to say...WARNING: THIS IS ONLY FOR CURRENT OR PREVIOUS DREAMCAST PSO PLAYERS!!!

-Who here started, or still plays PSO on dreamcast, it does not matter what version.
-Being that it is so hard to level up past lvl 130, I will ask: Has anyone leveled past 130?(If you look on the back cover of Ver.2, you'll see a RAcast, and a few other players at like lvl 167, Didn't you always wonder: "Howd they do that???, Cause I and my Bro did)
-Whats your rarest find on DC?
-I personally would like to know if playing in ultimate is easier if you are a Force than a Hunter(cause it seems like that in GC, so I thought it might be like that on DC)?
-Can anyone easily go through Ult Mines or Ruins(cause my bro is lvl 126, and GETS HIS ASS WHOOPED{but he CAN do it!!!)?
-why do YOU think "they" watered PSO down so much for the GC and all other versions later to come?(did sonic team think the future players of PSO were whimps and would complain, OR did people of DC actually complain about its toughness???)
-If you had the chioce to play the GC version, at the "Hardness" level of DC, would you do it(DC isn't as updated, and doesn't have all of the quests and weapons as GC, so thats what i mean by the difference between the two)?
-If there was an easier multi player system, would YOU "go back" to DC(or if you're gc, go "to" DC)?
-I loved the Dreamcast/PSO Ver.2 days, didn't you???(sobs)[I need to learn how to create private servers, for no particular reason...]

DC_PLAYER
Jan 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
- i still play pso, ver.2 and i have a friend that plays ver.1
- i have a lvl 200 humar, it easy to beat lvl 130, after lvl 160 now that's more rare to see, the reason why it takes so long is that after lvl 100 the TNL increases from 10 to 15 K each lvl, not to metion bosses give alot less then on later versions, if you ask me the exp that bosses give are justified for someone that kills them very fast, however not everyone can do it. (also 96 million to lvl 200 and the lack of rare enemys or high exp quest makes it hard)
racasts are hard to lvl, no status boost and low atp, to compensate they have a huge ata so they can use alot more weapons then any char to clear ultimate.
my rarest find.......maybe mag cell 213 (1/12.000 from goboma vhard), Luminous field (1/1410 from sil dragon), 2 heart of chao (not sure but i beleive 1/1600 from de la rie) and a few others but none from the drops above 1/20.000
-force or hunter? it depends, hunter can have status boost and do way more damage then any force if you find the right weapons with the right %, as a force, even at a low level they can do damage in ultimate forest wich is impossible to hunters unless they use techs also (my humar lvl 80 made the 1st kill in ult with a foie wich did 80 damage), but once you get to ruins your tech damage will be low, if i recall i know someone who has a lvl 150 force and still haven't kill dark falz, on the other hand, forces can have an INSANE tech range, they can use resta from the other side of the big room in ruins 2, even if the party is on the other side, maybe even more.....it's awsome.
-lvl 126, tell me the char and i will see what i can do, also the id, i need to know wich drops does he get
-PSO dc was made to be played as a team, few ppl find the RARE items (that's why they are rare) and it was made to be beaten by Pro's, sega did make a mistake because not everyone reaches that pro level, so enemys in gc online arebasicly the ones you see in forest in dreamcast offline.
-ver.1 or even ver.2 don't need 21314124234 new itmes, the items avaiable give you enouph trouble, try and hunt some and you will see, ver.2 only has ep 1 wich is enoph considering the items avaiable, big difference is more areas and more items but like gamespot review said "if you have pso dc you don't need to buy gc because it's just more of the same"
-if there was a multiplayer system i would play it no matter the player next to me, it would be memorable
-to create a private server you need a comp and a program, if you know your ip you can either use a bba to conect or a codebreaker codes (you need a ip code generator)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2008-01-13 11:29 ]</font>

sCI
Jan 13, 2008, 02:48 PM
nice, well, the lvl 126 char is a humar yellowboze, and my char is a lvl 86 humar skyly(with my awsome chainsawd), i know we're not anywheres near gods, but it takes time, that we dont have alot of..personally, i feel like a bit of a sellout for switchin to GC, but i will not lie, i have had fun and better opportunity on my GC than DC, but that is just because i didn't play my DC that long(about 2 years). as for servers, i wonder why you cant just use a LAN, not to mention, do they even sell broadband adaptors anymore for the DC? How many hours do you have on your lvl 200(in other words how long did it take you to get there)(and is riuns or mines any easier for you at such a high lvl)?...oh, and back to the lvl 126 humar, my bro(back when he still played) always wanted, and seriously needed a Red Sword, but couldn't find one, those stupid assassins...i guess nobody ells played or plays DC, how misfortunate...only kidding.

Freeze
Jan 13, 2008, 03:09 PM
I have a level 69 RAmar. Most of my time is spent on PSOX or PSU but I do like to go back to V2 once in a while just to use and see some of the things the later versions didn't have.

VioletSkye
Jan 13, 2008, 03:29 PM
I have version 2 for the Dreamcast that I bought a few years ago, but I still haven't gotten around to buying a Dreamcast to play it on lol.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 13, 2008, 03:40 PM
1st i want to add a item i found twice 1/33.000 Ultimate Gilchich called parts of robochao and i edited the post since the drop rates i puted where a bit wrong.
now to the post, i congratulate your brother for finding stag cutlery, it's a weapon that i can only find in hard mode at an insane drop rate (still trying) and also to congratulate you on.......W.T.HELL, 1/16 ultimate vulmer chain sawd......that's like an super esay drop, you find what? 10 per run?
anyway, your both still very young and need to build up your chars, the good news is that you have the strongest char in the game, alone humars can become gods beyong your imagination with plenty of power due to 2nd strongest atp in the game and lvl 15 shifta, not to mention lvl 15 zalure if things are ugly.
you and your bro have 2 options to beat mines, either you rafoie the hole place and waste 100 trifluids or you increase your attack power.
to increase your attack power you will need to save god abilitys in the bank and use god powers, 4 god powers help, a high pow mag (120 is enouph) and % weapons. (shifta is a must and zalure can be used to speed things up)
now, your bro has probably found on the forest 2 weapons, either the ancient saber/red saber and the red handgun, all i can tell you is you to keep doing ultimate forest (not quests because rares do not drop in quests) and find a good % machine one.
my 1st weapon to clear mines and ruins was a red handgun 30 % machine and 25 % dark, now i use a specific gun to mines and a specific one to ruins.
this is all i can say, the bigger the % the more devastating your attack become.
but as we know humars have a poor ata and there isn't much you can do about it, but neither of you have redria ID wich means you will be rewarded with my personal favorite weapon, the imperial pick, at the drop of 1/46 from merlan this weapon with the +234 ata will make your hit success reach 100% even in ultimate mines (ruins there is a small % of you to miss the 1st hard attack).
you must think the weapon sucks due to atp, no fear, if you find one with % you will have a really destructive weapon, take me for example, i use 3 red handguns and 4 imperial picks, heck even some of my weapons were only made to kill a specific boss.
It took my humar 1200 hours to reach lvl 200, i could it do in 1100, but i decided that after lvl 190 i would do vhard and ultimate mode equally to find weapons wich payed off.....now i'm currently with over 1300 hours.
About the red sword, great weapon indeed, i once found 2 in the same run, now i very rarely see them, it's a very good weapon for forest and caves maybe , but without % that weapon can't hurt much in mines or ruins.
BBAs are still avaiable, search ebay for example.
2 last thing....you can get a meteor cudgel, if you find it, tell to me the sensation and get a red dagger, good for 1 enemy kill
not trying to make publicity, but check my movies, maybe the zones and the bosses might interest you
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KIREEKPSO
(sorry for the 50 hz recording)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2008-01-13 12:41 ]</font>

sCI
Jan 14, 2008, 02:39 AM
well, as for the Red Daggers and Handguns, he is way ahead of that, he has one for each different occation just like you said. (as for the chain sawd, i found that in VH actually, and i am not yet in ULT, still an easy find though) i have o clue how he beat mines, cause when i played, it was hard gettin through the first room.........oh, and one last thing, YOU CANT FIND RARES ON QUESTS??? i am tryin to play "addicting food" to find the Red sword, so are you sayin i wont find it there?...crap crap crap crap crap....thaks

kevlar_pso
Jan 14, 2008, 04:54 AM
I found 2 of the 3 Books of Katana. That was pretty awesome because they are in green boxes. I found them on the ground w/the room empty. Apparently every1 just waltzed on by them cause they were green. l0l I did a lot of that in PSO ver. 1 & ver. 2. Just walk through the areas to see what I would find on the ground.

If I am not mistaken, you are correct about not finding rares in quests.

raikomaru40
Jan 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
-i play ver.2
-i'm only lv. 83
-so far, it's just the S-Beat's Blade
-i don't have a force
-i don't know about ult., but i always thought the mines were the easiest....
-they watered it down b/c some some dumbass puss complained that a game actually challenged them. boo hoo
-yes i would, if i could transfer my character
-maybe
-i don't miss what i still play (which is ver.2) viva la ver.2!!!!!!

sCI
Jan 14, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, my bro found one of thosebooks, or maybe 2, I dont know,.....See, in ep. 1&2, all you have to do is take the Agito 1975 to that one guy, and boom, its the Orowhatever, but in Ver. 2, you first, have to find either the THREE super rare books, then find the super rare Sword itself, then get it changed over......Oh, and anyways, I think I might start playin it again, but my DC doesn't work, so I need to get a new one.

dethdragon88
Jan 14, 2008, 01:46 PM
-Ver. 2 is the greatest
-not that high of a level(new characters)
-no rares yet
-I hear forces are easier
-not at ult.
-they watered it down because there are no more tough gamers around
-I like the DC weapons & items just fine
-any real gamer loves ver.2

DC_PLAYER
Jan 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
you don't need all the 3 books to convert the weapon agito to oraotiagito
2nd, do a forest quest in ultimate, one with big brown boxes, destroy those boxes, if the "no rares in quest" is true everytime a 9 star item apears, it will instantly disabled by the game, therefore the boxes won't show weapons, if a weapon apears then i'm 100 % sure it will be a gladius or another "less then 9 star item"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2008-01-14 12:22 ]</font>

sCI
Jan 14, 2008, 08:16 PM
wow, thats crazy, by the way your char kicks ass..ohh, and about servers, i want more info, but it isn't legal to talk bout it on this site, would you be willing to give my your email DC_PLAYER???(it seem as though you know quite a bit, and i dont know where ells to go being that i cant talk bout it here)thanks either way though

DC_PLAYER
Jan 15, 2008, 09:58 AM
Private message is avaiable on these forums, also i beleive my msn and mail are avaiable in my profile.

cashizslick
Jan 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
On 2008-01-13 12:40, DC_PLAYER wrote:
on.......W.T.HELL, 1/16 ultimate vulmer chain sawd......that's like an super esay drop, you find what? 10 per run?

Hence my biggest gripe with Dreamcast version 1.2 (whichever added ultimate mode and Cmode).

The game is all screwed up. The red saber is better than the lavis cannon for god sakes.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I used to play DC offline in that version. Got to 115 in the forest on ULT, but couldnt hit shit with the ancient saber i found.

ATA for the loss. It's importance rendered all the really good weapons from the first version (that only went to vhard / lvl 100) completely useless.

sCI
Jan 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah no kiddin...and thanks

DC_PLAYER
Jan 15, 2008, 03:19 PM
but red saber does not have those new specials, oraotiagito, lavis blades, lavis cannon.....all of these have new and unseen specials, due to that they are very rare.
also red daggers > lavis blade (both ata and atp values)

sCI
Jan 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
I just beat VH today at lvl 88, not too bad, it was a quick one. i used my charge lockgun with 35% on dark, but it was hard as hell to hit him, so it took a little while for the last phase...oh, and is the red daggers really better than the lavis blade?

DC_PLAYER
Jan 16, 2008, 03:22 PM
you can check the stats.....it is, but remember that lavis blades have that unique special.

sCI
Jan 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
but the drop rate is soo horrible, the weapon isn't worth it...and what other chars do you have?

DC_PLAYER
Jan 16, 2008, 04:25 PM
none http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sCI
Jan 17, 2008, 01:04 AM
heh, no wonder why you lvl 200, heh...i just started ULT earlier and figured out it is A LOT harder than GC, holy crap have i got a lot of work to do...my best weapon is an AGITO AUW 1991, with that, and a couple other little goodies, my atp is around 1450 with shifta, and my ATA is 251. hows that for not good enough huh(because it still isn't enough hahaha)?

DC_PLAYER
Jan 17, 2008, 10:20 AM
well, ultimate mode is hard, at some point your atp becomes maxed and you don't know what to do more.
% on weapons may help, this considering the grind on the weapon is maxed, your atp maxed......
found this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPANrFRVE-k

Saffran
Jan 17, 2008, 02:58 PM
I have 1 char on V1 (racaseal) at level 100 and 3 chars on V2, the highest being my humar at level 130.
I think my rarest find would be Megid 30, but I dunno the drop rate.