PDA

View Full Version : S.T. Fix the damn madoog casting bug!

Totti
Jan 13, 2008, 07:52 PM
Three times now my toon has frozen whilst casting Dambarta in the new Winter Event Missions. As far as i know, the only way to fix it is to allow something that causes you to stagger to hit you.

Thats fine if you have good teammates who'll let you get hit - and provided you dont kill everything before it buggs you.

Has this happened to anyone else?

tyler2zelda
Jan 13, 2008, 07:55 PM
That sometimes happened offline for me, but it was rare.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 13, 2008, 07:56 PM
No idea what you're talking about. I've casted Dambarta plenty of times, never froze, What happens? Does your character go into a T stance?(AKA feet together, and arms out)

Or just freeze in the animation it was in?

tyler2zelda
Jan 13, 2008, 07:58 PM
Nah, for me the character completely stops as if you were frozen on the spot, and it doesn't go away unless you're hit by an attack that at least makes you flinch.

Totti
Jan 13, 2008, 07:58 PM
Its as if your arm is out ready to cast it and it sorta hovers like you have Parkinson's lol...

JAFO22000
Jan 13, 2008, 08:00 PM
On 2008-01-13 16:52, Totti wrote:
Thats fine if you have good teammates who'll let you get hit...

I thought that good teammates DON'T let you get hit...

What version are you on?

tyler2zelda
Jan 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
Well, as far as I know, it happens on PS2. Not sure about other versions.

XFoxPrower
Jan 13, 2008, 08:31 PM
I hate madoogs. I have 1 in the same set as my wand. My wand has Foie & Diga and my madoog has Reverser & Resta. But 25% of the time on PC version (and 70% of the time on PS2), it will cast Diga instead of Resta when you switch to that palette set and immediately need to heal. That's the glitch I've been experiencing.

Totti
Jan 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
I'm on PC. Can't be hardware related (Although i do experience hardware lag it HAS to be because of vista) cause my specs are:
8800GT
4gb Ramm
Core 2 Quad
Vista Premium

Vista + Quad Core = The worst.

_K1_
Jan 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
This happened to me a few times on the 360, where my character would get stuck in the dambarta casting animation, and be unable to move in any way other than the swiveling you can do while casting dam- techs. I ended up leaving the party or abandoning each time it happened, and wrote it off to lag, but maybe that's not it.

Telina
Jan 13, 2008, 08:45 PM
Its an old problem, i used to get it a lot with rods. And there is no way to get out unless your character gets hit.

RemiusTA
Jan 13, 2008, 09:46 PM
Three times now my toon has frozen whilst casting Dambarta in the new Winter Event Missions. As far as i know, the only way to fix it is to allow something that causes you to stagger to hit you.

What the hell is a "Toon"?

Dragwind
Jan 13, 2008, 09:49 PM
That sounds like the tech freezing glitch. It can happen with wands/rods, etc. It RARELY ever happens, but when it does I just leave the party, then rejoin. Voila, solved.

SATatami
Jan 13, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-01-13 18:46, RemiusTA wrote:

What the hell is a "Toon"?

Your character.

ThEoRy
Jan 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
Don't say toon, it just makes you look bad.

The more you know.........*

zandra117
Jan 13, 2008, 10:41 PM
They are only called "toons" in toon town, a childs game. Use "avatar" or "character" in other online games or it will make you look like an uber-noob.

Totti
Jan 13, 2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toon

lol, do i flame the losers who use words like gib, ftw, epic, avatar, loli etc. These all sound just as ridiculously lame - I'll stop when these are outlawed also.

Back on track - Is it really that rare? I mean its happened as i said multiple times during the festa, im now paranoid to use dam- spells when its likely to kill everything... Its not like i can leave and rejoin without fucking the mission up.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 13, 2008, 11:44 PM
I've never froze using damu spells using my madoog, then again I stopped using madoogs for damu spells... rod or wand is much better <<;

Totti
Jan 13, 2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah for sure. I tend to use a Serdote+4, setted with 2 same elemental spells. Kind of sorta makes up for the -100 from the Har quick and the TP reduction from aT.

I only use the madoog towards the end of a mission when im just too lazy to refill.

Syl
Jan 14, 2008, 12:09 AM
On 2008-01-13 20:39, Totti wrote:

lol, do i flame the losers who use words like gib, ftw, epic, avatar, loli etc. These all sound just as ridiculously lame - I'll stop when these are outlawed also.

OMG GIB EPIC LOLI AVATAR, ITS FTW!!!1!!1!1one!

I usually frown upon grammatical/spelling and sentence structure related errors such as yours, but I'm not the kind of person to point out such things (except for your case). I just don't feel like being a jerk over something that can easily be overlooked and ignored. No point in pointing out such things because you just end up looking like an asshat.

/rant

Anyways, topic at hand, the problem has been around as long as the dam-techs have. I'm not so sure whether lag causes it or not, but it's definitely not related to madoogs. I've had this happen before though. Just wait for a mob to hit you or just leave party and rejoin. Nothing big.

Totti
Jan 14, 2008, 12:37 AM
On 2008-01-13 21:09, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2008-01-13 20:39, Totti wrote:

OMG GIB EPIC LOLI AVATAR, ITS FTW!!!1!!1!1one!

I usually frown upon grammatical/spelling and sentence structure related errors such as yours, but I'm not the kind of person to point out such things (except for your case). I just don't feel like being a jerk over something that can easily be overlooked and ignored. No point in pointing out such things because you just end up looking like an asshat.

/rant

Nah, it's ok. No need to try to point out errors to someone who graduated with top marks in English. I wasn't aware every piece of text i type on this forum goes through your automated auditing system.

Besides, it just makes you look retarded for thinking typing superiority > case at hand. Which, just for the record was that loli,avatar,gib etc ~ toon. Get over it.

Ryoki
Jan 14, 2008, 01:09 AM
lolpsowflamewar.
AGAIN!

Totti
Jan 14, 2008, 01:21 AM
Tell me about it. Can't even hold a discussion on a tech glitch without some asshat turning it into an English lesson...

Anyway, back on track it seems as if it's been an existing issue for some time now... Was going to report it, now I think i'll just wonder why it still exists lol... As for the leaving/rejoining fix; it's not so simple when it happens at the tail-end of a quest-mission like this festa event where rejoins aren't possible.

milka
Jan 14, 2008, 05:32 AM
Here fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edy8-ZnP0Oc

Reipard
Jan 14, 2008, 08:22 AM
I don't think there's much else to discuss about the glitch. Sega has a support form in their knowledge base at http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

It might be more conducive to actually fixing the problem if you did that. After all, the more people send in a ticket the higher priority an issue is.

I was once a treehouse
I lived in a cake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-14 05:23 ]</font>

BaconZero
Jan 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
On 2008-01-13 17:01, tyler2zelda wrote:
Well, as far as I know, it happens on PS2. Not sure about other versions.

happen to me once, and im on PC. o.o