PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes?

Getintothegame
Jan 14, 2008, 01:34 AM
Hey all,

I'm just wondering what some of your favorite quotes are. They can be from a valued friend, something you've heard, or even from a game.

I guess I'll start with one that I've heard -
"Nothing will last forever"
I guess I like it because it reminds me that one day, no matter what, you have a limited life. Live it well.

I also have one from Majora's Mask. It wasn't really supposed to be legendary, but it hit me at a good time in my life when I was in a bit of a fight with a good friend.
"Forgive your friend..."

Your turn!

Dopples
Jan 14, 2008, 02:00 AM
Um...

FUCK EDGEWORTH!!! THE FUCKING BALLS ARE FUCKING INERT!!! SHIT EDGEWORTH - OBJECT MY BALLS! the video

You almost became a Jill Sandwhich! - Resident Evil

THIS IS MY STOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEE!!!! - Dead Rising

Those are the only ones off the top of my head.

rahl1
Jan 14, 2008, 04:10 AM
"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies."

My best friend and I ran across this a couple of years after we met. We clicked right away on several levels and when she and I saw this quote we knew it summed us up perfectly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Helped teach me patience.

McLaughlin
Jan 14, 2008, 07:53 AM
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

"Sometimes you just have to leap, and build your wings on the way down."

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 14, 2008, 10:12 AM
Futurama
Fry: Don't worry, not everyone turns out like their parents. Take me for example, my parents were honest, hardworking people.
FFVIII
Squall: Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just 2 sides holding different views.

THE JACKEL

amtalx
Jan 14, 2008, 10:24 AM
"Shut the fuck up Donny."

Shadowpawn
Jan 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
I got this from a book I had to read for English 101 a while back. I've gotten the full names of the authors but this particually line had me loling.

"A year in prison and a year at Princeton now cost about the same...only the curriculum is different."--Collins and Yeskel

Weeaboolits
Jan 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
"My wealth let sons and brethren part,
Some things they cannot share.
My work well done, my noble heart,
These are mine own to wear."
-Jabir Ibn Hayan

TheOneHero
Jan 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."

"Live today as you would die tomorrow. Learn today as you would live forever."

"Having made a mistake, not to correct it would be a mistake indeed."

AlexCraig
Jan 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
"Pancakes, yo" ~Seth, SOMT

"There are gods, Little One. Some are worshipped. Some are feared. Some are worshipped out of fear. Others have bees forgotten; sealed away for better or worse.

But make no mistake, Little One. To the gods, this is all a game. A simple roll of the dice. But all games must obey rules. And that is where our order comes into play.

Many are content to merely live by the rules. To go through the entirely of their lives without understanding them. Not those such as we. We have begun to uncover the systems, the machinery that works our world. For centuries we have catalogued and researched and cross-indexed the rules in order to seek a greater understanding of them so that we too may become as gods. So that we may transcend from mere playthings into the players.

Our understanding is not yet complete. We haven't enough knowledge to fully break the rules, but we may... bend them to our favor from time to time. These are the first steps, Little One. The first steps to ascension.

In your travels you will learn much of the world and much of yourself. You will bend the rules, and the rules will bend you. That is the very nature of the game. But remember this. Their dice is our free will...

It's all in the dice..." ~All of that from 8-Bit Theater.

CrimsomWolf
Jan 14, 2008, 02:41 PM
"World will not change just throught idle talking."

"Knowledge is power.Guard it well." - From: Wahammer 40000 (That's Blood Ravens motto)

"THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" - From: 300

"Life is brutal" - I can't remember who said it first, but quoted for truth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsomWolf on 2008-01-14 11:48 ]</font>

RavenTW
Jan 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
Um...anything said by any characters played by Johnny Depp (I swear, the guy is a freakin' android. Nobody is that good)

"If you're going to live here, there are a few rules you must follow, and the first one is a rule even I abide by. As long as you live here, you can only wear black." - Roger Smith, The Big O

"Great, now I just have to avoid being sold into slavery or brainwashed by a cult tonight." - Ian, Errant Story (http://www.errantstory.com/)

"My god man, you look like the Statue of Liberty's pimp!" - Stewie, Family Guy

"I'm not gay!" - some random singer being kicked into the pit in a clip of Meet the Spartans

Darkly
Jan 14, 2008, 04:30 PM
on grungrave, i cannot remember the exact lines but when brandon told harry on the last episode - 'i couldn't kill my best friend' for those that have seen it will probably agree within it's context it was very moving.

a good quote from cod4 is by an anon - 'friendly fire isnt'

McLaughlin
Jan 14, 2008, 05:42 PM
This one comes out of an OXM magazine I just read. >_>

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 14, 2008, 05:55 PM
hm... my favorite has gotta be

"Pokemon prove evolutionism is false" from the shatter weasel dude

Wyndham
Jan 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
Socretese: After Eating the food of the Spartans, I now realize how they do not fear death.

DizzyDi
Jan 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
There was a thread like this a while ago, so I'll just post my response to that one.

[spoiler-box]
Don't remember the exact quote, went something like.

Why did God create Humans separate from himself. So he may say, be not like me, for I am alone, and it be heard.

A few more, mainly from rap songs:

Look honey everbody needs a help-up buddy
No body's drug-free, the streets would be hella bloody
Do you call yourself a patient of a junky?
The only thing that separates is who takes your money

can't have one or two chains, we need three of dem
Can't have one or two guns without squeezin 'em
on our own people and, fuck black leaders
cause whites ain't got none leadin them, the rhythm is cosmic
Nas is divinity, the deity's prophetless

If the opposite of pro is a con then look beyond this
The opposite of congress must be progress

I'll post more as they come to mind.
[/spoiler-box]

Kerschweiser
Jan 16, 2008, 03:30 AM
Hey! You can't park there! That's a handi-cap spot!

It's okay, I'm psychotic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kerschweiser on 2008-01-16 00:30 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Jan 16, 2008, 11:08 AM
Oh jeez... I love quotes from Dr. Seuss. All jokes aside, the man is completely brilliant.

One of my favorites:
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

BlaizeYES
Jan 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
TIME MAY CHANGE ME, BUT I CANT TRACE TIME

-DAVID BOWIE

SabZero
Jan 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
"Do or do not... there is no try." Yoda

"The only thing you control is YOU." Dr. Phil or someone

"If it can go wrong, it will." Murphy

And countless NetHack rumors, like
"They say that Demogorgon, Asmodeus, Orcus, Yeenoghu & Juiblex is no law firm."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2008-01-16 10:39 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jan 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
There is no knowledge that is not power.
MK3

EDIT: Wanted to add this one as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Megaman Zero 4, quoted by Zero, one of my favorite quotes in that series

I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2008-01-16 11:14 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 16, 2008, 02:08 PM
"Stupidity is a disease that is cured only by an education or a bullet to the head."

"If man deems it necessary to be my enemy, I will fight him"

I do not fear the well fed and content I fear the hungry and desprate
- Gaius Julius Caesar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2008-01-16 11:15 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Jan 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
"There's no 'I' in 'team'."
"There's no 'F' in 'way'."
Tim and Lee - Not Going Out

McLaughlin
Jan 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
There may be no "I" in "team", but there's "me" in "team" and "me" is just another word for "I".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-01-16 12:59 ]</font>

BlaizeYES
Jan 16, 2008, 04:23 PM
i'll give you a quote from final fantasy 10, probably the only time i'd quote a game:

"Auron: You remind me of myself. Before, the closer I came to Zanarkand, the more I wondered... when we arrive, Braska will call the Final Aeon... He will fight Sin, then die. I thought my mind was made up long before. But when I stood here, my resolve wavered.

Wakka: Huh, never would've figured. Legendary guardians choke sometimes, too.

Auron: Legendary guardian? I was just a boy. A boy about your age, actually. I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing. That is my story."

YES

Sord
Jan 16, 2008, 04:53 PM
not a christian, but me and my friends had a good laugh at this shirt anyways

"God's last name is not damnit"

BlaizeYES
Jan 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
"but now, all i can think about is your smile, and that shitty movie too. pearl harbor sucks, and i love you."

-TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE

RavenTW
Jan 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
"Electronic dating. It's like pimping, but you rarely find yourself using the phrase 'upside yo' head'." - Bender, Futurama

"Blackmail is such a harsh word. I prefer extortion, the 'x' makes it sound cooler!" - Bender, Futurama

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2008, 07:19 PM
"No woman ever slept with me and lived." ~ Yellowbeard

"Read, read, read, read! Let me tell you something - last time I read a book, I was raped. Let THAT be a lesson to you." ~ Betty (from the same film)

Kylie
Jan 17, 2008, 07:45 PM
I'm a Sylvia Plath fan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But most of my quotes come from song lyrics, and there are too many to list.

UnderscoreX
Jan 17, 2008, 08:10 PM
Commentators often say some memorable things

'If they come back it's a night we'll remember for a long time. But that's a capital if.'

'I’d never allow myself to let myself call myself a coward.’

'Never go for a 50-50 ball unless you're 80-20 sure of winning it.'

'You don't score 64 goals in 86 games without being able to score goals.'

'He went through a non-existant gap.'

'Such a positive move by Uruguay - bringing 2 players off and putting 2 players on.'

'It's headed away by John Clark, using his head.'

And so on.

DonRoyale
Jan 17, 2008, 09:55 PM
-"True love stories don't have endings."
-"I believe it is not a sin for people to live rich, but it is a sin to die rich."
-"There's one difference between genius and stupidity. Genius has its limits."

There are many others I'll post if I remember them, but those are the ones off the top of my head. ._@