PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers Brawl Delayed agian

DekaoTheRAmar
Jan 15, 2008, 02:06 AM
a recent press release from NOA

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.
I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

if i'm not mistaken Japan already has this game

so...how come we dont? I mean it's not like Nintendo is putting anything new in there.

This madness! this is unheard of!

I need to learn Japanese so i can freaking get the games when they're launched instead of waiting for them to get translated.

I'm starting to </3 NOA a little more and more with each day i don't have Brawl.

Dek
Jan 15, 2008, 02:39 AM
On 2008-01-14 23:06, DekaoTheRAmar wrote:if i'm not mistaken Japan already has this game
Delayed another week there. It will come out on Jan. 31.

so...how come we dont? I mean it's not like Nintendo is putting anything new in there.
there are in-game features announced every weekday...

I'm starting to </3 NOA a little more and more with each day i don't have Brawl.

Personally, I don't want a rushed product. In Brawl's case specifically, if they're delaying it, there's probably a good reason for doing so. One such example could be getting the rights to have other characters from non-Nintendo games show up (many people are speculating Megaman to fill in a slot).

Sonicboom0075
Jan 15, 2008, 02:39 AM
Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

No rly, this is stupid. I smell a scrapped game coming up.

PhotonDrop
Jan 15, 2008, 02:45 AM
It could be worse. You could be a fan of the Duke Nukem series.

Skuda
Jan 15, 2008, 05:40 AM
Can you honestly say that you won't buy Smash Bros Brawl because it's a few months late?

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 15, 2008, 06:24 AM
does anyone know how many times Ocarina of Time was delayed? Yeah... that's what I thought....

seriously, if it ensures a better game, I wish more companies would take their time with the games they make

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-01-15 03:24 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jan 15, 2008, 09:21 AM
On 2008-01-15 03:24, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
does anyone know how many times Ocarina of Time was delayed? Yeah... that's what I thought....

Or twilight princess, for that matter.

I can live without brawl for as long as it takes to finish it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AlexCraig
Jan 15, 2008, 09:26 AM
Exactly! Twilight Princess took half of forever to make, but when it was done, it was breathtaking. I am more than patient to wait for SSBB.

Powder Keg
Jan 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
egh.....such......pain......

TheOneHero
Jan 15, 2008, 12:29 PM
On 2008-01-14 23:06, DekaoTheRAmar wrote:

I need to learn Japanese so i can freaking get the games when they're launched instead of waiting for them to get translated.

Yeah, but remember: If it's a game you want for the Wii you need to buy a Japanese Wii as well as the game.

See, Nintendo made an update for the American Wii (Actually it was in the update to play Metroid Prime 3) Where the use of Freeloaders is no longer an option.

Personally, I'm all right with the delay, I mean, maybe they're adding Golden Sun Characters? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (Hey, I can dream, can't I? ;p )

Scrub
Jan 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
I guess if my system only had one game to look forward to, I'd be pissed too.

DekaoTheRAmar
Jan 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
well i mean this is the 2nd time it has been delayed first they said it would be 12/3/07 then they delayed it to March.

I can understand getting rights to characters such as Solid Snake seeing as how Kojima Productions/Konami are more or less signed with Sony in a sense.

Twilight Princess for the Wii was rushed. They needed it out on the launch day of the Wii. I was one of those people who got the horrible bug on the part where you need to teleport the giant cannon towards the end of the game. Frankly i feel that Nintendo could have spent a bit more time on TP. But hey aside from the bug TP was awesome.

Brawl is supposed to be the Wii's main game. That's what supposed to drive people to buy a Wii is in order to play Brawl in fact correct me i'm wrong but Brawl was supposed to be a launch title which was one of the main reasons why i bought a Wii when they came out.

Sure the Wii has Metroid and WiiSports and Super Mario Galaxy but in all honesty there isn't a whole lot of interesting Wii Titles. I mean i play my downloads more than i play the actual games. I'm just a little disapointed in the constant delays.

Then again at least Nintendo is giving us an expected date on when it's going to drop. They could be like ValvE and say Half Life 2 Episode 3 will come out whenever it comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

I guess i really shouldn't complain that much =S

Shadow_Wing
Jan 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'll let it wait it out, just look at how much content is already revealed to us. I'll take on delays for a super polished gamed rather than not. And SSBB has been delayed like 4 times now, which is more than reasonable.

TP has been in the works for 2 years was it? Originally thought to be a GC title no?

Sord
Jan 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-01-14 23:06, DekaoTheRAmar wrote:
if i'm not mistaken Japan already has this game

I believe I remember reading somewhere that isn't the full game, but rather more of a new demo.

Mixfortune
Jan 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
The game would be too finalized for them to try and grab new character rights now, especially with the Japanese version coming at the end of the month.

Likely, since the Japanese version was delayed a week while the US release was pushed back a month, it's something more along the lines of the localization department, or the networking department that's causing delays.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 15, 2008, 06:49 PM
Well here's hoping for a demo soon though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anduril
Jan 15, 2008, 07:19 PM
On 2008-01-15 14:18, Shadow_Wing wrote:

TP has been in the works for 2 years was it? Originally thought to be a GC title no?

It was also a GC title. As far as I know the only difference between the two versions is that the Wii version is a perfect mirror of the GC version due to wanting Link to be Right-handed rather than his traditional left, to add comfort for use with the Wii-mote. But yeah, it was delayed tons, most likely just so that Nintendo could release it for the Wii when they found out when they were intending to launch it.
I'm still waiting out on getting a Wii, since I can never seem to find one when I have enough money to buy one. I hope to get it soon so that I can play Smash Bros, when it eventually gets released.

SStrikerR
Jan 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
On 2008-01-14 23:39, Sonicboom0075 wrote:
Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

No rly, this is stupid. I smell a scrapped game coming up.

being delayed sucks that we have to wait, but it means they are IMPROVING the game, ya know, to make it better? it's only delayed, dont throw a tantrum.

Chaosgyro
Jan 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
I only have the "bunches of mini-games" titles for my Wii. It's more of a party platform in my house, while I play my PC or Xbox 360 (...minus recent red-ring-of-death related debacles) when I want to sit and play a traditional shooter/rpg/whatever.

DekaoTheRAmar
Jan 15, 2008, 11:08 PM
i mean sure i have PSU and all but if you play it too much you get bored with it. I've logged in more hours on my 360 and my PC than i have on my Wii. I was looking forward to actually spending a good amount of time playing my Wii rather than my computer or Xbox.

Ah well. You are right, i would rather have a finished non buggy completed game than a game i was looking forward to playing only to have it turned into a piece of crap.

Jaspaller
Jan 15, 2008, 11:18 PM
Really couldn't care. As much as I want smash bros... I still need to beat metroid prime 3 and also pick up Mario Galaxy first.

DekaoTheRAmar
Jan 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
ah i've already beaten those.

fun games those are

DraginHikari
Jan 20, 2008, 01:42 AM
Actually at this point the delays have nothing to do with content, it's material issues, the only explanation for the JPN delay is simply the development team cut it far too close. The time to print and package the discs wouldn't make it for the original Jaunary 24 release day in JPN.

As far as the NA release it seems like alot of it comes down to localization, the additonal four weeks time is probably an attempt to get things done now that it has been cut too close by the development team. Probably the original plan was to be done far enough ahead of time that they'd have no issue releasing the NA verison in a few weeks time, obiviously that didn't happen.

@DekaoTheRAmar

The original Launch Title release was going to be simply a Melee with online play, they weren't originally going to do that much with it. Instead, Sakurai and his team decided to take a different approach and do the best they absolutely could with what they had to work with. And so far it looks promising.

DonRoyale
Jan 20, 2008, 10:57 AM
I'll wait. I have PSU to occupy myself with until Brawl is released.

Though I am sorta ticked that it was delayed...but there's gotta be a reason, and I think Mix spelled it out pretty well.