PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to record PS2 gameplay?

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 17, 2008, 04:26 AM
Er..as the topic title suggests, I want to know if there's a way to play a PS2 game and have that gameplay footage recorded without having to shell out the bones on some video camera or fancy phone cam. Is there a PC program that can record console gameplay footage?

amtalx
Jan 17, 2008, 07:42 AM
If you have a way to output the video signal to your comp and the video card is capable of capture, there are applications that will record the video...but I have no idea what it is. Google might have a better answer though.

Kylie
Jan 17, 2008, 04:40 PM
On 2008-01-17 04:42, amtalx wrote:
If you have a way to output the video signal to your comp and the video card is capable of capture, there are applications that will record the video...but I have no idea what it is. Google might have a better answer though.

Yeah, I remember a lot of REO players used to do that. I tried to once, but my computer wasn't capable. I didn't want to spend the money to change that.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 17, 2008, 04:42 PM
Not that I know of.

Sord
Jan 17, 2008, 04:54 PM
no matter what you do, you're going to need some sort of input into your computer, which generally requires getting a video card that supports it. It's been a long time since I've looked for a video card, but I had one several years back that could do that, so maybe you could find a really cheap one in this day and age.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
You'll need a device with a TV-in jack (often comes on video cards, though there are some separate cards or USB devices that can do it). Whatever hardware you get, it should come with software to record input.

Another thing to try, is playing the game through a DVD-recorder. Once the footage is on DVD, transferring it over to your computer should be a snap.

One way or another though, odds are you'll have to buy some new hardware.

eXo
Jan 18, 2008, 11:29 PM
If you have an oldschool vcr then you can just play and record it
!