PDA

View Full Version : Favorite area in any game

Sexy_Raine
Jan 17, 2008, 05:41 PM
Post your favorite levels, or what you felt was most enjoyable.

Super Mario 64, Tick Tock clock

Goldeneye, The Cradle

Resident Evil 4; Village

Super Smash Bros Melee, Final Destination

Half-Life 2:Ravenholm

Super Mario RPG, bowser castle

Tekken 5, moonlight Wilderness

Castlevania SOTN, Clock Tower

Metal Gear Solid, Tower where you face the chopper

Star Fox 64: Corneria

Post your favorites

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-01-17 18:31 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Jan 17, 2008, 06:06 PM
Halo:Combat Evolved, Truth and Reconciliation/Two Betrayals.

Halo 2, Delta Halo/Regret.

Halo 3, The Ark/The Covenant.

Yes, I really can't choose between them.
Anyway, on with the list..

Dynasty Warriors series, Battle(s) of Hu Lao Gate.

DOOM, Tower of Babel.

DOOM 2: Hell on Earth, The Pit.

Final DOOM, Pharaoh (Evilution) and Go 2 It (Plutonia).

Dawn of War series, Kasyr Lutien (during my first online team battle).

Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues, Raptor Attack (love/hate relationship).

Super Mario Kart, Rainbow Road.

Mario Kart 64, Toad's Turnpike.

Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mushroom City.

Phantasy Star Online ep1&2, Olga Flow (heheh).

Phantasy Star Online ep3, Via Tubus (lovely theme).

There, I think that'd conclude my favourites.

Edit: No wait, I forgot a few!

Super Probotectors, Level 6: Alien Lair.

SimCity, Uhm...all of it? The large ones with a river disecting it.

Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, The Chaos Sanctuary.

Dark Omen, Battle against the Dread King (can't remember the stage's exact name).

...no more is popping up in my mind for the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2008-01-17 15:14 ]</font>

Retehi
Jan 17, 2008, 06:13 PM
Unreal Tournament: Stalwart XL
Quake 3: The Longest Yard

RavenTW
Jan 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
Castlevania: SOTN - Inverted Castle.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Chaos

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Topsy-Turvy painting. (sensing a pattern here? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 - Dark Falz (right before the Darvants appear)

Phantasy Star Online Episode 2 - Olga Flow (Honestly, what happened with PSU? They forgot how to make a good boss entrance.)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - final battle with The Boss

Kingdom Hearts 2 - final boss (not his final form though)

Bioshock - Andrew Ryan's office

Guild Wars: Factions - The Jade Sea

Armored Core: Project Phantasm - final mission against Stinger/Vixen

Super Metroid - Mother Brain

Metroid Prime - Ridley

Metroid Prime 2 - Dark Samus, final form

Megaman Battle Network 3 - Alpha, Forte GS

And that's all I can think of for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2008-01-17 15:53 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jan 17, 2008, 07:01 PM
DK64: That one place with all the mushrooms and you had to change night into day to solve some puzzles.

Tact
Jan 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
Space Junk Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
The music from it reminded me how truly desolate and beautiful outer space can be. It also features my favorite planet in the game. It's the one where it's a sphere of glass with a snowy-looking interior...I love that planet.

Elysia: Skytown from Metroid Prime 3
Once again, I like how the music really gives it a feeling of loneliness. I love the little robots wandering around the derelict city, keeping it in as good of a state of repair as they can.

Bitland from Super Paper Mario
Music remixes! Also, the entire landscape looks pixelated. Nostalgia city.

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
.Hack//G.U. Daybreak fields
F-Zero Big Blue
Metroid: Zero Mission Kraid
Super Mario 64: Wet & Dry Land

Kylie
Jan 17, 2008, 07:49 PM
Raccoon City, RPD, Spencer Mansion, Silent Hill, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xeku
Jan 17, 2008, 08:00 PM
man...too many to list, really.
Some favorites:

Uru (Panzer Dragoon Saga)
Altered Genos (Panzer Dragoon Orta)
Eternal Glacies (Panzer Dragoon Orta)
Frozen Sea (Panzer Dragoon Zwei)
Olrox's Quarters (Castlevania: SOTN)
Colosseum (Castlevania: SOTN)
Hawaii (Test Drive Unlimited)
Seaside (PSO Ep.1&2)
Cemeteryth (Princess Crown)
Morrowind (Morrowind)
Stillwater (Saint's Row)
Synesta (Breath of Fire IV)

KodiaX987
Jan 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
Ravenholm (Half Life 2)
This is Resident Evil done right. Arguably the scariest level after anything in Illbleed.

Shuhia Taiba (Battlefield 2142)
I find it to be one of the most balanced and challenging maps to play. It requires both good planning and good situational awareness.

Rescue Yellow (Gunstar Heroes)
A straight-up, no-bullshit run through hordes of enemies in the way Gunstar is famously known for.

Death Egg (Sonic & Knuckles)
When I came into this level, it was an utter surprise. I wasn't expecting to actually be inside the infamous Death Egg. I find it to be the most beautiful Sonic level ever made.

Alien Spaceship Hangars (Stargate)
The surprise of first discovering the technology behind the Egyptian-styled levels was very refreshing - I keep revisiting this level even now.

Nadaga (Stargate)
Coupled with a rather bouncy music, Nadaga was the perfect level to feel like you're doing guerilla warfare.

Flying Battleship (Sparkster)
It had an original premise and I loved the backdrop.

Power Plant (Jurassic Park)
Another old and classic favorite. I've always been a fan of electrically-themed levels, so this one just fit right in.

Elysia (Metroid Prime III)
For the same reasons Tact mentioned.

Chozo Ruins (Metroid Prime)
Again, just because of the atmosphere.

The Hotel Complex (Shadow Man)
A truly scary level if there was one. I was expecting the Repo Man to jump at me at every corner.

Count Bleck's Castle (Super Paper Mario)
I liked the monochrome theme on the level - they did so much with so little, it ended up being very impressive.

Biological Lab (Phantasy Star IV)
Again, just because of the surprise factor.

Ruins (Phantasy Star Online)
Beautiful scenery, beautiful sounds, and some of the most original monsters to date.

Stranger in a Strange Land (MDK 2)
Simply because your mission statement contains only one word: "Run!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2008-01-17 17:15 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jan 17, 2008, 08:30 PM
Speaking of Metroid Prime:
Phendrana Drifts, and the Sunken Ship, if only for the music.
Zora's Realm in Zelda:OoT.
The Sunken Ship area in Mario 64

Yeah, I like water areas for some reason.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
Forest Temple (LoZ: Ocarina of Time)
It confused me so horribly and so awesomely the first time around! Now I appreciate it for its ghostly theme and the strange, foresty music. Also the wolves.

The Facility (Goldeneye 007)
A total classic. Plus, nothing's greater than shooting Dr. Doak right in the face after you finally got the invincibility cheat.

The medieval levels (Diddy Kong Racing)
They were the hardest (not counting the dumb space levels) and overall most creative. Greenwood Village, biatch!

Forest (PSO)
Hands down the laziest, best, brightest PSO level of them all. I mean, sure, Ruins was faster and cooler, but there's just something about Forest.

Tirisfal Glades / Brill (World of Warcraft)
I like the undead horse stable and all the hilarious undead farmers standing around yelling at you when you click on them. Plus, sometimes you get to see someone fall off the zepplin splat on the ground.

The graveyard levels (Gauntlet: Dark Legacy)
Just the coolest. Although I doubt anyone besides me has ever played this game. Even the developers probably didn't bother with it.

Level 2 (Mario Bros. 3)
Sliding down that grass hill and smashing into the goomba--unbeatable. There's also the extra life in the pipe and a star in a music note box.

Hyrule Temple (Smash Bros. Melee)
For some reason, it's the only level I ever, ever play on this game. My friend and I have at least five Samus (me) vs. Captain Falcon (him) matches every time we hang out, and they're always on Hyrule Temple.

The Black Mate Village (Final Fantasy 9)
Not sure why, but it's a great place to buy Zidane's latest sword thing and skip all the cutscenes, just like all the areas of that game!

Monochrome
Jan 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
Super Mario World - The level with the jumping dolphin platforms. Also Bowser

Sonic Adventure - The beachside level (level 1) Sonic in 3-D as beautiful as it was in 2-D

Space Harrier - Level 1. So many trees~

Final Fantasy X - The forest with the glowy crystals in it (I wish I could remember all the names of the places above..)

Super Mario Sunshine - The themepark level

Suikoden - Tora Castle after you defeat the guardian

SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur 3 - Proving Grounds. Bright, colorful, great music.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - Lake Hylia. So beautiful and so large! Also love takin the river via the boat down to the Lake. Sometimes I linger there just to watch the time of day change.

Donkey Kong Country - Coral Capers. Ahh the water effect. Ride the swordfish!

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pyramid Cave Zone. Still the only fun sonic-in-the-desert-stage.

Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone. Classic 2-D sonic by the beach, with corkscrew! Great music too.

Doom (PSX version Doom/Doom2.) - Club Doom. Go-go Dancin revenants. 'nuff said.

Battle Arena Toshinden - Duke Stage. Dunno why, maybe its the music, but this sold me on PSX.

Zorafim
Jan 17, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm fairly sure everyone knows what I'm going to say, so I won't even say it.

It's Zora's domain. It's really hard to get anything cooler than an aquatic cave with fishpeople in it.[/spoiler-box]

Actually, barring the obvious, I really love the atmosphere of most Castlevania games [spoiler]Especially Subterranean Hell. I can't say I can choose a favorite area of the series, though.

MetaZedlen
Jan 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
Paper Mario - Crystal Palace, love the music, so calming but gets you ready for fights.

Gaunlet Legends - Fighting the Chimera, epic music, and an original 3-headed monster.

Metroid Prime - True Prime, again, sweet ass music.

Chrono Trigger - Battle against Magus, again, epic music, one of the best tracks I have ever heard.

Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time - Ganon Battle, more epic music, and the transformation was even more epic, but he was too easy...

Timesplitters Future Perfect - Multiplayer, getting the Sci-Fi Sniper and dealing countless head shots.

Timesplitters Future Perfect - Multiplayer, getting the Tactical 12-gauge and up-closing people.

Timesplitters Future Perfect - Multiplayer, getting the Minigun and spraying countless people.

Timesplitters Future Perfect - Multiplayer, getting the HeatSeeker and watching those idiots run for their worthless lives.

Donkey Kong Country - Oil Drum Alley, there is something about the track that makes it so different...

All that I can think about right now...

kizu
Jan 17, 2008, 09:45 PM
Halo 3: The Covenant and the scorpion section of the Ark (vehicles are great)
PSO Ep 1: Forest (so laid back yet fun)
PSO Ep 2: Seaside (smae as above)
SSM: Hyrule Temple (great arena
Mario Cart DS: Airship (i like the atmosphere)
Mario Sunshine: Nokia Beach/Gelato Beach (fun to mess around in)
Pearl: Stark Mountain (great training)

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hmm...Of the ones that come immediately to mind...

Metroid Prime: Phendrana Drifts, and the area you go through to get the Thermal Visor (running back with it equipped is also awesome).

Metroid Prime 2: The whole game, pretty much. Especially the Dark World.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (I played it too!): The area you enter after you collect all the Rune Stones.

PSO Ep I&II: Seabed areas and Olga Flow.

Halo 2: Containment and Waterworks.

.//Hack Infection: The Church level where you first meet Blackrose.

That's all that come to mind right now, but I'll think of more.

Spacepest
Jan 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
On 2008-01-17 17:00, xeku wrote:
man...too many to list, really.
Some favorites:

Uru (Panzer Dragoon Saga)
Altered Genos (Panzer Dragoon Orta)
Eternal Glacies (Panzer Dragoon Orta)
Frozen Sea (Panzer Dragoon Zwei)

I'll agree with you here.

Off the top of my head, pretty much ANY of the environments in the Panzer Dragoon games come to my mind: Panzer DRagoon, Zwei, Saga, and Orta.

For Phantasy Star related environments: Sea Lab and the entire Gal De Val island.

Jive18
Jan 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
Oblivion PC - With Qarl's Texture Packs, every area is my favorite ;>.

PSO - Most of Episode 2. I remember playing through Jungle just to reach the area with a cliff/waterfall overlooking the sea; I would find myself staring.

Majora's Mask - The snow region.

Diddy Kong Racing - The outer-space courses are classic for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2008-01-17 20:09 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 17, 2008, 11:15 PM
King's Field IV - Ancient City This is pretty much where the entire game takes place. It's basically one huge dungeon, divided into areas yet devoid of loading times making for seamless area transitions even as the music changes. The city was designed in a believable manner, making the dungeon actually feel like what it's supposed to be: once filled with life long ago, destroyed by evil not quite as long ago. Dark, desolate, yet with a sort of beauty that only an ancient city can have. The atmospheric (and NOT BORING!) music really helps with the mood.

Half Life - Black Mesa, especially the beginning. The science lab just got fucked up and now it's far more dangerous to navigate this than it is to fight the hordes of aliens teleporting in (which actually teleport in FOR A REASON, UNLIKE SOME GAMES!). Platforming in FPS games really isn't all that bad, except of course when it's done horribly wrong. Not so at Black Mesa!

Thunder Force IV - Strite (stage 1) The most beautiful area I've seen on the Genesis. Above you sit the clouds, below you lies the sea complete with crashing waves and rocks, all with a shitload of parallax. Being a shooter, you're whizzing by at a really fast pace and shooting hordes of enemies so it's rather hard to take in the atmosphere most of the time. Oh, and the music is really rockin' and apropriate for the watery area.

Drakan - Shadowmire Such a foreboding, creepy, dark, brooding, evil swamp. It set the mood for the rest of the game...except everything after this swamp was mediocre except for the optional dungeon that was featured in the demo.

Armored Core - Deep in the Raven's Nest The stage of the first final battle to be waged. It's quite a departure from the usual layout, just because it's very vertical and filled with floating platforms. WHY? I dunno, but I thought it was pretty cool despite being horribly out of place. You needed to be a good AC pilot to reach the top, especially with those damn gun turrets in the way. The boss of this level is actually completely optional, but he's tough as nails if you don't exploit the AI.

Armored Core: Master of Arena - Abandoned Factory Abandoned factory my ass! At any rate, this place only gets a spot on my list because of the final battle that ensues and the reward you get for winning. I've yet to see a more impressive boss mecha destruction scene in my life.

Baten Kaitos - That town whose name I can't remember It's made of CANDY! And other sweets! It makes my mouth water every time I go there...I just wanna eat the whole town...it is easily the most beautiful edible town ever...and one of the most beautiful towns in any RPG really. So much candy...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-01-17 21:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-01-17 21:26 ]</font>

Palle
Jan 18, 2008, 05:09 PM
Mass Effect : Feros. Excellent atmosphere, soundtrack is off the hook. Story elements further enhance a great stage.
Chrono Cross : Starky's Crash Site. A UFO buried in a rainbow playground of living coral. New age music makes this a place to chill.

All I can think of for now...

Blitzkommando
Jan 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
Half-Life 2: Another hit for Ravenholm. Physics interaction? Check. Zombies? Check. Batshit crazy monk with a shotgun? Double-check.

Half-Life: Lambda Reactor is probably the most memorable. Either that or the battle with Nihilanth. Both are a lot of fun with the teleportation either killing you, giving you goodies, or making you take a huge trek back to where you were supposed to be.

Mario Kart 64: Rainbow Road. That was by far the best Rainbow Road level in the entire series. Long, beautiful, and a blast to play with all of the dips and curves (and shortcuts). The music was the icing on the cake.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two: Strider battle. Maybe. I loved Ep2 so much it's hard to say which area deserves to be the best. But the strider battle was best described as epic. Entire buildings crumbling, multiple routes they would take, Hunters everywhere and then you have to try and do it all without letting them destroy a single building. Awesome stuff.

Portal: The final areas. Non-combative combat, used everything you learned before, and then another awesome cliffhanger making you salivate for Portal 2.

Super Mario 64: Dire Dire Docks (I'm pretty sure that's the name). Just a nice, calm level where you still could get killed if you didn't watch out. Again, the music made this level.

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1: Mines. Probably the most overlooked level. Awesome design and the best looking Episode 1 level to me. Oh, and great enemies too. Vol Opt was sometimes walkover easy while others (like when party members were falling asleep) it was tooth and nail.

Phantasy Star Online Episode 2: Gal Da Val Island and Seabeds. Yes, I can't simply decide what area is best. Jungle had the awesome waterfall area, Mountain had the awesome vistas, the dark and foggy area before Gal Griffon was well designed, the Towers were rough and tumble, Seabeds had all of the beautiful scenery. And, yeah, Episode 2 had such good enemies (and a bunch of tough bastards).

DonRoyale
Jan 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
Let me think a second, this oughta take a few.

Yoshi's Island: A tie between 5-4 and 3-8, each for the boss battles. As far as actual levels go, 6-7 was one of my favorites, because the level's called "KEEP MOVING!" so when I started I was all "lolk". God, do I EVER LOVE YOSHI'S ISLAND http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Super Mario World: The fourth Special area, the one with the ice. Such a fun level if you can get past the part where you have to prance around a mess of bullets on single slippery blocks.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Any of the bramble areas. This is one of my all-time favorite video games to play, it's just sickening, it's so fun. The brambles are a good thing for a guy like me who likes to prance around aimlessly-it makes me focus. Plus, the music is amazing.

Legend Of Zelda OOT: Zora's Domain. I just love this place to death, and my heart sank when it froze. Poor Jabu-Jabu...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Legend Of Zelda-Majora's Mask: The Stone Tower Temple. NOTHING AT ALL can EVER beat flipping your surroundings upside-down. When I flipped it upside-down I was like "game over man, game fucking over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif" Plus, you get to be big hulky man beating up those stupid worms. (God love infinite magic with cheats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) Great Bay is a close second, but the place is too dark and not enough people.

Goldeneye 007: The Bunker, inside and outside. You visit the place twice, it must be pretty damn good if you can. Plus, it was where I started hating infinite spawns. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Perfect Dark: Anywhere. This game has some of the best maps I've ever played on, ESPECIALLY multiplayer maps.

Super Mario 64: Tick Tock Clock. SUCH a unique level. I also liked Rainbow Ride as well, very fun place to play in.

Star Fox 64: The lava level. Hot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Donkey Kong 64: Funky Factory. I slaved myself getting all 201 GB's, thinking it would net me the Nintendo Coin...(the 201st was the Mario game, so...fail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif) Dizzy, you're thinking of the Fungi Forest. (I honestly couldn't stand the enemies in that place, and the boss was a pain, considering I was 9 when I first beat it.)

Banjo-Kazooie: The ninth level, the one based on the seasons. Another of Rare's most unique level designs ever.

Banjo-Tooie: The Fire & Ice Mountain. I LOVED the music, and both mountains were a blast to tackle.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Hyrule Temple. Good times with Jay and friends, lawd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PSO Episode 1: Forest. I loved the music for it, not gonna lie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PSO Episode 2: The Tower. Doing PW4 was a bitch on Ultimate when your Skyly HUmar's barely enough to get in...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PSO Episode 3: The Tower Of Caelum. Best stage ever.

Halo 1: The level where you first find out about the Flood. It was the single scariest thing I've seen outside of Resident Evil. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Halo 2: High Charity. I love the design for the place.

Sonic Adventure: I loved the field designs for this place, but my favorite goes to the Casinopolis. It's a unique way to play the game, which I always like.

Sonic Adventure 2: Crazy Gadget's a good place for its uniqueness, but Hard mode was THE hardest thing in the game, hands-down. Final Rush is also a ton of fun.

Tales Of Symphonia: Nifleheim was interesting (and worth exploring for the Persian Boots), and I LOVED the music for the fights with Sheena and Abyssion, as well as the Summon Spirits, but my all-time favorite place is the Tower Of Salvation. The boss themes on the main part of it are downright epic, and the rest of the tower is a fun place to explore.

Legend Of Zelda-Twilight Princess: Lake Hylia, please. A serene lake with an amazing view of the bridge? Epic win.

McLaughlin
Jan 18, 2008, 09:03 PM
I loved the area in Donkey Kong 64 where you saved...Lanky? It was the Desert area. Though, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire game. (That cave area was awesome too, with all the crystalline junk in it.)

Sexy_Raine
Jan 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
On 2008-01-18 15:31, Norvekh wrote:
Half-Life 2: Another hit for Ravenholm. Physics interaction? Check. Zombies? Check. Batshit crazy monk with a shotgun? Double-check.

If anyone thinks Resident Evil is all that with zombies, then they need to go play this area in HL2. It's just sick, and has the best action in the entire game. Very bloody too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-01-18 18:16 ]</font>

Spacepest
Jan 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
On 2008-01-18 16:07, DonRoyale wrote:

PSO Episode 3: The Tower Of Caelum. Best stage ever.

Hmm, if there is one thing good I can say about PSO Ep 3, was that the backgrounds were underrated. They really were gorgeous, and the Tower was beautiful and had great music. I remember playing through the stages and being really disappointed that they were only accessible in a CARD game. I really wanted to see these stages converted into normal PSO ep 1 and 2 type stages, where you could fight the monsters melee style. (Imagine an Endless Nightmare type of scenario where groups of monsters fall out of the sky and you're trapped on the Tower's rotating platform/elevator.)

Sychosis
Jan 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
Breath of Fire III: Desert of Death

Most people who play the game, HATE that part. I love it though.

AlexCraig
Jan 28, 2008, 01:41 PM
Breath of Fire: Agua

Zelda A Link to the Past: Eastern Palace

Final Fantasy: Matoya's Cave

Phantasy Star Online: Mines

TimeSplitters Future Perfect: Arcade mode/Siberia

Pengfishh
Jan 28, 2008, 03:54 PM
Phantasy Star Online -- Mine 1!

Randomness
Jan 28, 2008, 05:32 PM
On 2008-01-17 18:49, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Metroid Prime: Phendrana Drifts, and the area you go through to get the Thermal Visor (running back with it equipped is also awesome).

Running back with the Thermal Visor? You just turn straight around and walk out. (Thardus is a pushover even without the thing. Power beam spam tells you where to aim) But yes, Phendrana is a beautiful area.

On my favorites...

Loopdeswoop Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy-Ray surfing is fun, but the initial figure 8 is tame, this is more like it! Also, upon completing it, you get a few hundred easy star bits from talking to the penguins.

Phaaze, in Metroid Prime 3. Somewhat creepy atmosphere, excellent boss fight, and unlimited Hyper Mode. Everything dies. Fast. (Except that one larva that keeps running away)

Everything Twilight Realm in LoZ:TP. Excellent atmosphere. Wolf Link is awesome. Need I say more?

Thats a quick list... I'm not spending an hour on this.