PDA

View Full Version : Challenge mode talk

sCI
Jan 17, 2008, 11:08 PM
Ok, i have played this game for too long, but i never could figure out how challenge mode works, because i want those weapons. How does challenge mode work? what do you do? what is the goal? and what weapons can i still get, being that some weapons are online, and others are offline rewards? is it hard? thanks anybody.

Splash
Jan 18, 2008, 02:40 AM
I'll make this simple.

Overview: Challenge Mode focuses on team work and endurance in order to achieve passing the obstacles presented in each area. By placing limitations what you actually have, Challenge Mode forces you to play through carefully, making sure that no one dies as much as possible. Any character can play Challenge mode. However, know that they all have weaknesses and strengths as well. It is how you use these and turn them into advantages is the important part.

Goal: Starting out with a prequesite set of equipment for each stage, utilize team work to overcome obstacles and clear area after area in the fastest time yet in the most efficient way possible.

Difficulty: Easy to hard as you progress.

Prizes: If you and your team mates can survive all the challenges that Challenge mode has given you, the prize will be yours based on your time efficiency and rank given.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 18, 2008, 10:12 AM
it's pure teamwork, wich means, items and weapons must be shared, there are no telepipes i beleive.
chalenge mode has mazes, diferent enemy spaws and needs teamwork in any situation.
if you play ver.2 chalenge is online only, if you beat all the chalenges under a certain time, you receive an s-rank weapon of your coice (or radom if you like) you can named it whatever you want and they have great specials.
on ver.2 the good specials are:
paralisis, freeze, (i beleive confusion) zalure lvl 80 (+-) and jellen lvl 80 (+-), all of these have 100% of success
the average special is:
1 hit kill, this one depends on enemy edk
the bad specials are:
resta, shifta lvl80(+-) , zalure lvl80(+-)
as a side not, the special is radom, it can be good or bad, but giving a lvl 80 shifta on an ultimate enemy is not a good idea.

you can do chalenge how many times you like, to have a better time or to earn more weapons.
if your time is not the best you will receive a shield for example (wich is not bad at all)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2008-01-18 07:13 ]</font>

sCI
Jan 18, 2008, 01:54 PM
ohh, ok, i see, to bad i dont have online though...(I have always wanted an S-rank)

kevlar_pso
Jan 20, 2008, 01:45 AM
If you have the Gamecube or Xbox versions you can play Challenge Mode offline as well.

GreenArcher
Jan 22, 2008, 07:49 AM
On 2008-01-18 07:12, DC_PLAYER wrote:

but giving a lvl 80 shifta on an ultimate enemy is not a good idea.

Shifta lvl 80 on Hildebear/Sinows/Delsaber/Etc
Confuse Trap
Get some popcorn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

DC_PLAYER
Jan 22, 2008, 10:07 AM
that's a great idea, never tought of that, altought that's exclusive to android char, unless your a humar or newman and walk near a visible confuse trap.

D-type_Ranger
Jan 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
But for the s-ranks if HAS to be online by obligation or what?

sCI
Jan 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
In order to find them? Yes In order to use them? No. Not sure what your askin though.

Jaspaller
Jan 30, 2008, 01:44 PM
Didn't quite understand what D-type meant either. Online S-ranks can only be gotten online (the bronze colored nameable weapons). Offline S-ranks can only be gotten offline (the joke weapons like Crazy Tune). You can use either of them online or off.