PDA

View Full Version : It's said that your living space is a reflection of your sta

Shadowpawn
Jan 17, 2008, 11:36 PM
I think there is some truth to this. I often find my quarters to be in disarry with clothes thrown everywhere and things that were meant to be organized are anything but. Likewise, my mind is thinking about many things and I'm always doing something work related and never finding the time to relax. In contrast to this during the rare times I do relax everything is somewhat managed and neat.

I would like to hear from others and see if they agree with this notion or not.

Anduril
Jan 17, 2008, 11:41 PM
Weird, but my room doesn't reflect me very well. I'm actually very organized in thought, but my room is a mess. It may just be because I spend so little time in my room that I don't bother to organize it. I, however, am very different from you, I'm a mess and a klutz when I'm relaxed, while when I'm trying to do stuff I'm organized with everything in it's proper place and ordered.

Jive18
Jan 17, 2008, 11:48 PM
To an extent, yes. I've noticed that I clean my room only at night, and only if I am content with my schedule and feel organized enough to actually make my space look decent.

My experience with my dorm room would very much support that statement as well. When I start out the semester with very little on my plate everything is tidy. Within a few weeks my clothes find their way to my couch instead of the drawers and my desk becomes quite a mess.

I also believe that external factors always play a part. Certainly uncontrollable events affect how able you are to keep your space neat (or lack thereof).

Monochrome
Jan 17, 2008, 11:48 PM
I'm the opposite of Anduril, my mind is a mess, but my room is very organized. I can't stand one thing being out of place. Not one thing. And it all has to be straight, nothing at an angle.

However, I tend to be a person that dwells too much in the past. As such, you can find in my room: The first issue of Nintendo Power as well as many other vidgamemags 10+ years old, dozens of pictures of me when i was 8 (but only 2 of me as an adult), my NES is hooked up (but my XBOX is in-a-box in the closet, and so on.

I sort of agree with it