PDA

View Full Version : nice lady records Phantasy Star III youtube videos!

Saner
Jan 19, 2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKKaTtZeso

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WandererFromYs

very good commentary while playing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Reipard
Feb 4, 2008, 10:20 PM
Yay! Now the whole world can experience how positively terrible Phantasy Star III is without having to suffer through it themselves ^_^.

<3 Phantasy Star III. I love it, even though it's such a terrible game.

Alis-Landeel
Feb 5, 2008, 11:26 AM
PSIII is a masterpiece.
Too understimate. Good story, good exploration system, interesting main quest, good storytelling, awesome music, original gameplay, amazing ending (at the same level of PSII). Only the combat system is weak.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
I dunno, I tend to think that Phantasy Star III had the best and worst of everything in the series. It had both the best and worst music, the best graphics, the worst animation, the most elaborate story with the worst articulation thereof, and so on and so forth.

I think that Sega really needs to revisit the game. If they were to put a big budget on remaking it, I think that they could really have something worthwhile out of it.

Reipard
Feb 5, 2008, 01:34 PM
PSIII is a masterpiece.
Too understimate. Good story, good exploration system, interesting main quest, good storytelling, awesome music, original gameplay, amazing ending (at the same level of PSII). Only the combat system is weak.

It could have had all of these things- but the end result was honestly pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I've played through it three times and enjoy each playthrough; but I'm not going to kid myself that it's any more than it is.

The game really honestly deserves to be remade so that all those ideas and mechanics it strived for can really shine. I want its innovative technique system to be executed well, I want its plot to reach the potential it so obviously strives for. It deserves to be just as great; no, better, than the other games.

It'd take a lot of work and a lot of care, but I think PS3 has the potential to go from 'that cute little crappy game I love' to something REALLY awesome.

Reipard
Feb 5, 2008, 01:36 PM
And on the note of the soundtrack, I'm glad they stuck with Ippo for PS4. Despite the worst tracks in PS3, there was a glimmer of greatness in certain tracks. Come PS4 you could tell he really matured into an awesome composer. I have to wonder where he's at these days.

KaneKahn
Feb 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ryan, is the man in Phantasy Star 3.

Alis-Landeel
Feb 5, 2008, 09:06 PM
On 2008-02-05 08:26, Alis-Landeel wrote:
PSIII is a masterpiece.

Yes. The animation is weak too.
And yes... I wanna see a remake of PSIII too.

Sharkyland
Feb 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
I like PSIII, has to be the first PS game I beat. Of course, two save slots for 4 endings. BLAH!

morrow
Apr 12, 2008, 09:45 AM
should watch the whole thing (i Did) she makes a rly good "Lets Play" i rly enjoyed it...you can tell toward the middle of the game how frustrated she gets its rly funny the whole experience (Just my opinion)

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2008, 12:52 AM
Wow, I'm glad I decided against playing this one. It feels as old as the first one, and has much less originality in it. The enemy encounter rate is insane as well, and everything's the same.
Regardless, it's the only one in the series I haven't played, so I'm going to continue watching. I only got up to the end of the second generation, so maybe more thought was put into the third...

Okay, the third generation wasn't bad, but it was still incredibly tedious. They put some thought into the story, but the only way I'd play it is without a random monster battle rate. At least it puts some history behind PSU, and it makes it seem less generic by comparison...
And that falz fight was awesome. That has to be the coolest falz entrance I've seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-04-15 22:34 ]</font>