PDA

View Full Version : Basic IRC Requests

War_Child
Jan 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
As an op from the #PSOW chat room:

1) Speak English.

Not E-english with your inabilities to even spell simple words like "you". That extra 1/4 of a second it takes to hit those extra keys will not kill you. People will think better of you for using proper English.

2) NO ASKING FOR CHEAT METHODS!

Asking for cheat methods and instructions on how to dupe are legitimate means for INSTANT BANNING. Duping is a bug exploit, not a feature, thus it is STILL CHEATING.

3) Do not flame the operators.

Get kicked? Deal with it. Flaming the operators and threatening to harm them in real life will lead only to more kicks and bannings.

4) Do not ask for ops.

The answer will always be NO.

5) Do not push your luck.

Due to certain abbrieviations being overused (see: "lol"), they may be banned. Topics are set for a reason, read them. It will serve you well. Should a new rule be posted in the topic, DO NOT PUSH YOUR LUCK BY VIOLATING IT.

6) No homophobia.

There are many other words you can use besides "gay".

7) Make your insults worth reading.

Should you decide to throw insults, make them worth the time needed to read them.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif NO SPAM!

This includes smiley spam. It's fucking annoying, and you just look retarded doing it. Repeated offences will lead to temporary bannings.

9) Try to have fun

Note %99 of things said in #psow are for comical, not offensive means. Too many people take too many things way too seriously.

10) Wait for replies

Do not enter the chat and expect people to respond to you 2 seconds after you enter a sentence. People do have lives beyond their computer screen, and people do idle in the chatroom. Do not IM every person in the chat room looking for a response. It is an extreme annoyance, and repeated harrasings may lead to kicks.

11) Do not abuse the bots.

The bots had some pretty nifty stat tracking features and quoting features that got removed due to idiots abusing them. Should features be programmed into the bot, do not abuse them (see: people asking for the weather every 5 minutes, people wanting to see how many words they typed after every sentence)

12) Be careful what you wish for.

Do not antagonize the ops. Do not feed their urges to kick. Don't be surprised if you're on the receiving end of a boot if you ask "what are you going to do, kick me?"

13) Do not flame me for this post. Do not call me a dictator or some crap like that. Read, understand, attempt to obey.

Shape up or ship out,
WarChild, #psow operator

Guntz348
Jan 13, 2003, 11:52 PM
On 2003-01-13 20:41, War_Child wrote:

1) Speak English.

Not E-english with your inabilities to even spell simple words like "you". That extra 1/4 of a second it takes to hit those extra keys will not kill you. People will think better of you for using proper English.

Thank you War, I can not agree with you more. This is why I want to volunteer as a content/coherensy editor for the forums of PSOW.

Spy
Jan 13, 2003, 11:58 PM

13) Do not flame me for this post. Do not call me a dictator or some crap like that. Read, understand, attempt to obey.

Um... okay. What the hell is a mIRC anyways?

Guntz348
Jan 14, 2003, 12:13 AM
On 2003-01-13 20:58, Spy wrote:

Um... okay. What the hell is a mIRC anyways?

mIRC is an I.R.C. program. It stands for Internet Chat Relay. It's kinda like the back bone of most text or chat based flow on the internet if I'm not mistaken. Like back in the days before there was really an "internet" to speak of and it was more university computers connected together they communicated over the IRC programs which grew to be part of the base of the internet. Also the program now is used by many to download various types of waraz, mostly rips of movies while they are still in the theaters and games and the such. I used to host in a simpsons/family guy room and serve Eps. in there.

It's really intended to be a free flowing chat program but people utilized its fast transfer speeds and open network style to hand out and collect waraz. It's kinda a pain to use thought it's not user freindly at all but I like it. Very DOS like, a lotta of uses of command strings and the such you should check it out it can be a cool program. If you do decided to check it out be carefull because its not a secure network at all and if you download or open you self up for uploads, when u serve people download off you and will give you what your looking for in return or you get the newest things first because you are a server, and you very open to hackers and virus uploads since its not a secured or monitored network.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-01-13 21:25 ]</font>

War_Child
Jan 14, 2003, 06:58 AM
thanks for reminding me:

14) Do not come into the chat looking for PSO Serials since you're too damn cheap to buy the game. Doing so is means for a ban.

FinalMasterM
Jan 14, 2003, 08:13 PM

1) Speak English.

Shape up or ship out,
WarChild, #psow operator

LMAO. This has to be the stupidest request ever made. Everyone has typed "E-english" (or quick-typing as I like to call it) and asking everyone who comes to the IRC to stop is like asking the sun not to set.

Trust me, I speak from experiance as I've tried for a long time to get people to not type "U, R, Y, WUT, 2, etc..." in replace of the full word. It's best to just ignore those people, banning them for doing such makes you look like an ass.

Ian D
Jan 15, 2003, 07:16 AM
It's surprising how many people violate ALL of those rules everyday.

neko-chan
Jan 15, 2003, 09:20 AM
"Il potere logora chi ce l'ha."

u.u;;;