PDA

View Full Version : Sega Superstar Tennis

Moo2u
Jan 20, 2008, 01:21 PM
I know I've been tricked by nice looking Sega trailers before, but as a Sega fan, I'm actually looking forward to this game. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29847.html#new_comment)

I know this is a page straight out of Nintendo's book, but it's being made by the same folks that did Virtua Tennis, and those games were all solid. This trailer is refreshing for multiple reasons. For one, Sega's finally showing off some of their other franchizes, other than Sonic. They get points alone for having Beat from Jet Set Radio in there, and I hope they have alot more obscure Sega characters that are playable (Toejam and Earl for a doubles match, anyone?)

Second of all, even though this is a Tennis game, it's refreshing to see Eggman and Sonic like this. They just seem to be represented moreso with their old skool flavor. I can't seem to explain it, but it's that feel of the old mixed with the new it what I want from new Sonic games. The fact that they didn't speak helped that as well.

Here's hoping this game actually does well and spurs on some good new Sega games...or at least a new Jet Set Radio...

[spoiler-box]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/842/842664/sega-superstars-tennis-20071219041851265.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Darkly
Jan 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
well i can trust the virtua tennis team - so hopefully it will be an arcadey tennis game that doesn't go completly over the top.

but now all i can think about is a new jet set on wii lol.

Sayara
Jan 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
Ok, EPIC. Im sorry lol

ShadowDragon28
Jan 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
*sigh* Alex Kidd and Opa Opa should be in it too... I wish they'd revive those awesome , classic Sega characters with new high quality games.

Sega should have Reiko Kodama "Yoshibon" with OverWorks/Wow Works develope a high caliber *proper* re-make of the first Phantasy Star....i.e. SEGA of JP needs to get back in touch with their roots...

PhotonDrop
Jan 20, 2008, 04:47 PM
So how long until "Nintendo and Sega All-Star Basketball" comes out?

Jaysky
Jan 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
When I first saw this trailer (this was before now) I couldn't believe how great it looked, it looked so well done that I watched it over about 9 times maybe. AT first when I heard about the game I thought it was just going to be some Mario Tennis rip-off, and they would somehow flunk it. Now that I see it's not really Sega working on it I have high hopes for it. Still, i'm not quite sure if I would buy it seeing as how I don't have much cash and there are already too many good games I want to buy.

Photon, the real question is, how long until Super Mario Hockey? They've done everything almost, Nintendo you going to eventually have to embrace the sport, EMBRACE IT!

UnderscoreX
Jan 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
On 2008-01-20 11:52, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
*sigh* Alex Kidd and Opa Opa should be in it too...
Alex Kidd is in it, but how gonna have an Opa Opa hold a tennis racket ? And Ulala is playable which is enough right there to buy the game for me.

Moo2u
Jan 20, 2008, 10:32 PM
I was just about to mention Alex Kidd. That amazing! Seriously! The last thing I remember seeing Alex Kidd in was one of the Sega toys you could collect in Shenmue.

So anyway, I was checking out some more info on it and found some detail on the characters and stages.

Characters so far are...

Sonic
Tails
Amy Rose
Eggman
Shadow (no Knuckles?! Grrrr!)
Alex Kidd
Beat
Gum (also from Jet Set Radio
Ulala
Pudding (also from Space Channel 5)
Amigo
NiGHTS
Reala (also from NiGHTS)
Aiai
Meemee (from Super Monkey Ball)

The Courts are...

Aqua Garden (NiGHTS)
Carnival Park (Samba de Amigo)
Coconut Beach (Outrun)
The Curien Mansion (House of the Dead)
Galactic Cruiser (Space Channel 5)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic)
Monkey Island (Super Monkey Ball)
Scrap Brain Zone (Sonic)
Shibuya-Cho (Jet Set Radio)

Already that's mighty sweet. I hope they have a Chu Chu Rockets level.